What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 50 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 12-11-2010, 11:26 PM   #736
csouers
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Played around on the ice/snow in the parking lot. It rained all day and then the water on the ground froze. Lift-off oversteer is fuunnnnn.

My Photography
csouers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2010, 12:22 PM   #737
reydelaplaya
1996 ZJ 

Took my JGC to the beach...

Wish I had a HobieCat.
reydelaplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2010, 07:36 PM   #738
phbrown
1994 ZJ 

Replaced one control arm. It appears that my death wobble is gone, but I still have the steering dampner and a new trackbar ready to be installed.
Unread 12-12-2010, 08:41 PM   #739
tonymartin
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Replaced my broken ignition coil. My battery broke loose on the weekend and snapped the top off of the coil.
Unread 12-13-2010, 02:43 PM   #740
zjnick
1997 ZJ 

got my 3.5 IRO lift and cragar d windows!
next... TIRES

So stoked
zjnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2010, 02:46 PM   #741
bdcnst
1993 ZJ 

Finished my front receiver
bdcnst is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2010, 03:45 PM   #742
torchd
1998 ZJ 

Well I noticed last week that my coolant overflow tank was low, then couple days later noticed a small puddle under the front end.. I have a radiator leak

So I went online today (Advanced Auto) and bought the following

Radiator
Water Pump
Upper and Lower Radiator Hoses
Radiator Cap
2 gallons of coolant

So far I'm out $201.. Still need to buy a goodyear gatorback serpentine belt

[b][color=red]2002 Trans Am[/b][/color]
Cam, Full Exhaust, Stock Heads, Stock LS6 Intake and Stock 10 bolt with 3.42s
[b]420 RWHP and 382 RWHTQ[/b]
torchd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2010, 04:29 PM   #743
jeep0312
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdcnst View Post

Detailed pics? I'm in the process of designing my winch mount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchd View Post
Well I noticed last week that my coolant overflow tank was low, then couple days later noticed a small puddle under the front end.. I have a radiator leak

So I went online today (Advanced Auto) and bought the following

Radiator
Water Pump
Upper and Lower Radiator Hoses
Radiator Cap
2 gallons of coolant

So far I'm out $201.. Still need to buy a goodyear gatorback serpentine belt
How did you get a radiator that cheap?
jeep0312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2010, 09:25 PM   #744
tonymartin
1993 YJ Wrangler 

After swapping my coil I still had the horrible idle detailed here http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/e...light-1139601/ so I changed the plugs thinking that the backfire may have fouled a plug (wishful thinking I know) and stil lno good. A little smoother when driving but idles rough still. Gotta go get the check engine light scanned tonight and see what it tells me, but I am now thinkign I damaged the cat when it backfired!
Unread 12-13-2010, 10:05 PM   #745
FiveNineJeep
1998 ZJ 

I was driving on the freeway and around 1AM my engine died, and dash completely stopped responding to anything, and my gas light came on despite having 3/4 a tank left...
After about 40 minutes looking for a tow company near Gladstone, OR I finally found a driver to come get me. The tow to Town&Country Jeep was $150... Spent the night in the Jeep and woke up at 8AM.

They got it in, apparently downstream O2 sensor got completely ripped out by the driveshaft along with the wiring which caused a short and blew a fuse. $355.35 to fix that.. other issues were brought up however. Loose belt and tensioner, brakes at 0MM and new rotors needed and the battery that had been tested at Les Schwab and Napa two months ago and given a perfect rating had gone to its last limb... Also Les Schwab had said my brakes were fine last month and had alot of life still on them... and then I was on my way back up to Vancouver the check engine light returns and coolant sensor went bad as well...

Ran the check engine light at my shop, something about 0 pressure on transmission and engine idles a little lower than usual and doesnt shift light it normally does...

5PM get home... and now not sure what to do at this point with my 5.9L besides drive her a couple days to see how she is then decide from there...

FML!
FiveNineJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2010, 10:22 PM   #746
MN ZJ
1996 ZJ 

Wow, crappy day. Did the bad coolant sensor display pop up on the VIC? 'Cuz they all do that. Let us know how the mighty 5.9 is doing and hang in there. We all love our Jeeps. Some days more than others...
-K
Unread 12-13-2010, 10:26 PM   #747
tonymartin
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveNineJeep View Post
I was driving on the freeway and around 1AM my engine died, and dash completely stopped responding to anything, and my gas light came on despite having 3/4 a tank left...
After about 40 minutes looking for a tow company near Gladstone, OR I finally found a driver to come get me. The tow to Town&Country Jeep was $150... Spent the night in the Jeep and woke up at 8AM.

They got it in, apparently downstream O2 sensor got completely ripped out by the driveshaft along with the wiring which caused a short and blew a fuse. $355.35 to fix that.. other issues were brought up however. Loose belt and tensioner, brakes at 0MM and new rotors needed and the battery that had been tested at Les Schwab and Napa two months ago and given a perfect rating had gone to its last limb... Also Les Schwab had said my brakes were fine last month and had alot of life still on them... and then I was on my way back up to Vancouver the check engine light returns and coolant sensor went bad as well...

Ran the check engine light at my shop, something about 0 pressure on transmission and engine idles a little lower than usual and doesnt shift light it normally does...

5PM get home... and now not sure what to do at this point with my 5.9L besides drive her a couple days to see how she is then decide from there...

FML!
Holy crap, my problem seems a lot less significant now. Goo dluck with that!
Unread 12-13-2010, 10:43 PM   #748
cologc46

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveNineJeep View Post

FML!
Tough luck with that O2 sensor. However, I have had bad experiences with dealerships making a list of things trying to pad up a big repair job. I would suggest you personally inspect those brakes and other things they said were bad, and take action based on what you find. I hope things are not as bad as they made it out to be.
Unread 12-13-2010, 11:41 PM   #749
RedZJ
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by reydelaplaya View Post
Took my JGC to the beach...

Wish I had a HobieCat.
They let you on the beach with those tires? eh..
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdcnst View Post
Looks great. Sticks out kinda far.
RedZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2010, 11:46 PM   #750
bdcnst
1993 ZJ 

its the price u have to pay having it moveable front to rear
bdcnst is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door latch

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.