Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#9,841 ·
yesterday: went with my sis to test drive some jeeps for her, her TJ was recently totalled.

drove an 05 GC...wow what a pile of ****. road like a buick, zero steering feedback, and no button or anything for 4LO, just fulltime AWD. garbage

then we drove an 03 Liberty Limited. I know, I know, "libertys suck" but she isnt going to be doing aay rock crawling, and atleast this one has a 231 case lol

she ended up getting it, same color code as my ZJ lol. giving her my 31" guard dogs to put on it :)

#9,842 ·
It's alive

#9,843 ·
E-rok said:
yesterday: went with my sis to test drive some jeeps for her, her TJ was recently totalled.

drove an 05 GC...wow what a pile of ****. road like a buick, zero steering feedback, and no button or anything for 4LO, just fulltime AWD. garbage

then we drove an 03 Liberty Limited. I know, I know, "libertys suck" but she isnt going to be doing aay rock crawling, and atleast this one has a 231 case lol

she ended up getting it, same color code as my ZJ lol. giving her my 31" guard dogs to put on it :)
I'll trade her tcases

#9,844 ·
dkllr4 said:
Relays do different things depending on what kind. Not sure why you would use a relay. Being a non certified factory electrician I would just wire it to the switch but do a ground switch. Meaning make the positive your constant and put the ground on the switch. That's what I would do anyway
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...N3151F_A|GRP2044_____#prPaContainer__49939534

That's the lights I bought but mine didn't come with the grill lookin thing. I'm gonna go do all the wiring in a bit.

#9,846 ·

It's a good looking KJ, same year as my wifes Freedom Edition, just keep an eye on the pass. side valve cover gasket, they like to go around 130k

#9,847 ·
#9,850 ·
Went to the junk yard today to pull a few small items for my ZJ and came across a nice looking 96 Jeep Cherokee that was from North Carolina, it was a long ways from home out here in a California junk yard. The only damage I saw was the drivers side door.
With the basic tools I had it took me about an hour to pull the Dana HP30 out of it, load it on a cart and pay for it, then needed help loading it into the back of my truck. That things heavy!!!

Cleaned it up some when I got home and it looks very nice.

#9,851 ·
Cameleer said:
Went to the junk yard today to pull a few small items for my ZJ and came across a nice looking 96 Jeep Cherokee that was from North Carolina, it was a long ways from home out here in a California junk yard. The only damage I saw was the drivers side door.
With the basic tools I had it took me about an hour to pull the Dana HP30 out of it, load it on a cart and pay for it, then needed help loading it into the back of my truck. That things heavy!!!

Cleaned it up some when I got home and it looks very nice.
Wow thats a clean d30

#9,852 ·

#9,853 ·
I don't know what it is about that sound that the intake makes when you shut the engine off, but I've always liked it. I've never noticed it on my ZJ, but my Caprice definitely does it. And that's definitely some nice work on that. You're coming to Indiana to do mine next, right?

#9,854 ·
Lol. Need this one mobile first.

#9,856 ·
ITS ****ING SNOWING! WTF! This is just wrong on so many levels.

Attachments

#9,858 ·
badbird17x said:
I discovered this when my avalanche started knocking. I was mad and it was late so I drained the oil and put diesel in instead of oil, ran it like 5 mins and drained out some really nasty diesel, filled with oil and it purs like a kitten. Crankcase is all clean, lifter hammering is gone, ls piston slap is gone, and it has 20lbs more op. decided to do it to the mutt today because it's loosing op and it's a junkyard engine that needs new life. Worked great again.
A friend of mine who's been a mechanic for 30 years and also has a sweet zj (with 6" la) just told me the same thing a few weeks ago.

#9,859 ·
No way!!! U suck ..i have been praying for snow all year..now its 80 n hot :(
Where u from?
CT. and its retarded. last week it was in the 70's