What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 482 - JeepForum.com

 88Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #7216 of 44559 Old 01-16-2012, 02:06 PM
1slo_camaro
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Cape May/North East
Posts: 1,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameleer View Post
She's up on the rack today having rock sliders custom made and installed over the next 2 days.
After this I hope to take her on a 3 day trip down the Old Mojave Road.



what a CLEAN Fing underbody!!! looks amazing man, i wish mine was that clean, maybe if i can get it on a lift outside i can pressure wash it and repaint all underneath lol looks awesome


1998 ZJ~~V.r 4~~4.0 with a bunch of fancy stuff that makes it look pretty sitting in the driveway.
PM me for 99+ intake manifolds for sale
$125-sandblasted and painted and shipped
1slo_camaro is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #7217 of 44559 Old 01-16-2012, 02:13 PM
Cameleer
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ventura
Posts: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTPI View Post
Every pic of this thing gets me more and more jealous. It's super clean.
Yeah, I kind of got carried away cleaning it but wanted to finish what I started.
Yesterday I took her out for some mall-crawling and picked up a new floor jack and a 8,000 lbs come-a-long to use with my 94 foot 10,000 lbs synthetic rope.
It's a small jack but does the job and a lot better that my old one.



Never know when you might get stuck in a handicap zone at the mall and need to break out your recover gear

Only those who will risk going too far
can possibly find out how far one can go.
Cameleer is offline  
post #7218 of 44559 Old 01-16-2012, 02:14 PM
1slo_camaro
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Cape May/North East
Posts: 1,087
took it for a little hike and took a few pics.....



1998 ZJ~~V.r 4~~4.0 with a bunch of fancy stuff that makes it look pretty sitting in the driveway.
PM me for 99+ intake manifolds for sale
$125-sandblasted and painted and shipped
1slo_camaro is offline  
post #7219 of 44559 Old 01-16-2012, 02:26 PM
1slo_camaro
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Cape May/North East
Posts: 1,087
so heres a little time line of my jeep, i got it back in errrrr octoberish. i traded a 93 S10 4.3 5spd 4x4 rattle can black, LOTS of rust, t-bars cranked and 2inch shackles and 31s. a fwe other small mods but a piece none the less.... guy traded me for this.....



her first offroad trip..



flexin the 31s on stock suspension



somehow in the process of the F>R swap the axle got moved about 6 inches to the passenger side... so my remedy??



31s and 3in lift (roughly)



in the process of doing the lift it think i found out why he wanted to get rid of it so easy.... heres the track bar mount.... apparently that had prior issues. and the stud on the rear driver side wheel was WELDED to the wheel 4 drill bits and a BFH later i got it off



my quick remedy, till i could get some 3/16 steel and its held since



pulled the front bumper off and did a little flex, could have easily made the next 4x4 but we were at 45mph winds and yes thats a water basin where boats are right next to it, i didnt want my jeep to be a coral reef



first real trip to the mud.... spent alot of time in recovery mood

mines infront with the hood up lmao










TEHE



and the pic above is the newest pic,


immediate future plans include a custom ARB look a like front bumper, possibly ditch the rear bumper and build a matching bumper, paint the lower half black, roof rack with some lights and 2x6s for the rockers with a 2inch tube for a tree guard/step....

somewhat near future IRO Budget 7in front long arm rear short arm lift kit (no reason to inch my way up just go all out at once) and hopefully some 35 M/Ts plus some support to the motor

and depending on what she turns into in a few years if i still have it, exo cage and a LS1
sorry for all the pics. im a pic whore, please let me know what you think i should do what you like, dont like anything



heres a little thread of more detail

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=220815

1998 ZJ~~V.r 4~~4.0 with a bunch of fancy stuff that makes it look pretty sitting in the driveway.
PM me for 99+ intake manifolds for sale
$125-sandblasted and painted and shipped
1slo_camaro is offline  
post #7220 of 44559 Old 01-16-2012, 02:30 PM
badbird17x
Web Wheeler
 
badbird17x's Avatar
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: lisbon
Posts: 3,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slo_camaro
took it for a little hike and took a few pics.....
Cool pic.

94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
badbird17x is offline  
post #7221 of 44559 Old 01-16-2012, 02:32 PM
1slo_camaro
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Cape May/North East
Posts: 1,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbird17x View Post
Cool pic.


thanks man quit posting and get the LS in your jeep!!! lol im waiting for pics of that!

1998 ZJ~~V.r 4~~4.0 with a bunch of fancy stuff that makes it look pretty sitting in the driveway.
PM me for 99+ intake manifolds for sale
$125-sandblasted and painted and shipped
1slo_camaro is offline  
post #7222 of 44559 Old 01-16-2012, 02:34 PM
badbird17x
Web Wheeler
 
badbird17x's Avatar
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: lisbon
Posts: 3,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slo_camaro
so heres a little time line of my jeep, i got it back in errrrr octoberish. i traded a 93 S10 4.3 5spd 4x4 rattle can black, LOTS of rust, t-bars cranked and 2inch shackles and 31s. a fwe other small mods but a piece none the less.... guy traded me for this.....

her first offroad trip..

flexin the 31s on stock suspension

somehow in the process of the F>R swap the axle got moved about 6 inches to the passenger side... so my remedy??

31s and 3in lift (roughly)

in the process of doing the lift it think i found out why he wanted to get rid of it so easy.... heres the track bar mount.... apparently that had prior issues. and the stud on the rear driver side wheel was WELDED to the wheel 4 drill bits and a BFH later i got it off

my quick remedy, till i could get some 3/16 steel and its held since

pulled the front bumper off and did a little flex, could have easily made the next 4x4 but we were at 45mph winds and yes thats a water basin where boats are right next to it, i didnt want my jeep to be a coral reef

first real trip to the mud.... spent alot of time in recovery mood

mines infront with the hood up lmao

TEHE

and the pic above is the newest pic,

immediate future plans include a custom ARB look a like front bumper, possibly ditch the rear bumper and build a matching bumper, paint the lower half black, roof rack with some lights and 2x6s for the rockers with a 2inch tube for a tree guard/step....

somewhat near future IRO Budget 7in front long arm rear short arm lift kit (no reason to inch my way up just go all out at once) and hopefully some 35 M/Ts plus some support to the motor

and depending on what she turns into in a few years if i still have it, exo cage and a LS1
sorry for all the pics. im a pic whore, please let me know what you think i should do what you like, dont like anything

heres a little thread of more detail

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=220815
Love it. The lift your planning is the same one I was going to do. Don't forget 4.88 gears. What year and engine do you have?

94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
badbird17x is offline  
post #7223 of 44559 Old 01-16-2012, 02:55 PM
badbird17x
Web Wheeler
 
badbird17x's Avatar
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: lisbon
Posts: 3,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slo_camaro

thanks man quit posting and get the LS in your jeep!!! lol im waiting for pics of that!
Lol. As soon as the cage is done. The street rod is done if you want to see an ls in a 39 Chevy. Well it's in, just waiting on computer.

94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
badbird17x is offline  
post #7224 of 44559 Old 01-16-2012, 02:58 PM
Midnightluckey
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbird17x
Don't forget 4.88 gears.
and a 44a at the very least.

95 Limited Chargold ZJ 5.2L -5.5" lift (IRO, Ironman, and RC parts), 33" BFG M/T's, 15x8 procomp crawlers, 242 swap, 2 12" subs, 1000w amp, cherry bomb, full skid package, Kevins rear stealth bumper clone w 3/4" D rings, Rlcwelding front bumper w 3/8" D rings, XRC-8, front tow hooks, 2 daylighter fairlead lights, 2 daylighter windsheild lights, 2 55w driving lights, OBA, Cobra 18 CB, dual 4' whips, RC disconnects, smittybuilt jack, optima yellowtop.
Built not bought #512
Midnightluckey is offline  
post #7225 of 44559 Old 01-16-2012, 03:01 PM
badbird17x
Web Wheeler
 
badbird17x's Avatar
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: lisbon
Posts: 3,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightluckey

and a 44a at the very least.
X2. That's why I wanted to know year, engine.

94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
badbird17x is offline  
post #7226 of 44559 Old 01-16-2012, 03:03 PM
ejschultz
Web Wheeler
 
ejschultz's Avatar
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Crown Point
Posts: 3,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbird17x View Post
I think the common caster is around 5 degrees. Make sure they check that, a lot of places don't.
3.75 to 6 is acceptable and 4.5 to 5 is preferred. I let them know so hopefully all goes well.

97 ZJ - 5.2L, 242, 4" IRO lift w/short arms & adj. TBs, JKS Discos/BPEs, DT3000s, Aussie'd 44A, sliders, bumpers, bunch o' skids, 31" Duratracs on 15x8s
Build
ejschultz is offline  
post #7227 of 44559 Old 01-16-2012, 03:05 PM
badbird17x
Web Wheeler
 
badbird17x's Avatar
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: lisbon
Posts: 3,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightluckey

and a 44a at the very least.
I'd also recommend a Hp30 for the front, with iro c braces, and maybe sleeves, this is what I was gonna do. Plan on at least $3200 without tires. The gears are wicked expensive for the 44a.

94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
badbird17x is offline  
post #7228 of 44559 Old 01-16-2012, 03:08 PM
Midnightluckey
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbird17x

X2. That's why I wanted to know year, engine.
His sig lists a 98 4.0, which i assumed is the zj in the pictures, and that means chances are he has a turdy five.

95 Limited Chargold ZJ 5.2L -5.5" lift (IRO, Ironman, and RC parts), 33" BFG M/T's, 15x8 procomp crawlers, 242 swap, 2 12" subs, 1000w amp, cherry bomb, full skid package, Kevins rear stealth bumper clone w 3/4" D rings, Rlcwelding front bumper w 3/8" D rings, XRC-8, front tow hooks, 2 daylighter fairlead lights, 2 daylighter windsheild lights, 2 55w driving lights, OBA, Cobra 18 CB, dual 4' whips, RC disconnects, smittybuilt jack, optima yellowtop.
Built not bought #512
Midnightluckey is offline  
post #7229 of 44559 Old 01-16-2012, 03:08 PM
1slo_camaro
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Cape May/North East
Posts: 1,087
98 with a 4.0 honestly a 30 is going back in the front (just cause some mounts were ****ed from previous owner) and im thinking 4.56s ( i havent got that far yet into the research and all)

my reasoning is it wont see a whole lot of dirt. plus once i do put the lift on it shell be sitting on 31s for a while still. ill have to save up for the new tires unless i find a hell of a deal on a used set.

but that will be a whole nother thread as to what route to go, im not huge in 4x4s this is my first 4x4 all on my own, my last was a 85 K5 me and the old man fit some 40s on with a built 468. mostly his planning and me wrenching, but now im not sure what to do with everything, so there will be alot of questions, i HATE searching cause i can never find my exact anwser but o well lol. but any suggestions from you guys will be amazing, from what i hear i could do a 44 front and a 8.8 rear and fine, shes not gonna be a crazy crawler or seeing 10ft deep mud holes or anything will be some moderate 2 tracking with the occasional offroad park but ill know my boundaries til i either get another daily or i get my camaro back on the road driving



and when you bring up 30,35 9" 44a 231 242 249 and whatever else numbers and **** that are in there, please give a little history behind it, i know what a 9" is and a 44 and a 30 and a 35 but idk where to find these, how to know what i have or anything like that. im a camaro guy not a jeep guy so as much info as you can pass and throw my way will be AWESOME and extremely helpful

1998 ZJ~~V.r 4~~4.0 with a bunch of fancy stuff that makes it look pretty sitting in the driveway.
PM me for 99+ intake manifolds for sale
$125-sandblasted and painted and shipped
1slo_camaro is offline  
post #7230 of 44559 Old 01-16-2012, 03:15 PM
badbird17x
Web Wheeler
 
badbird17x's Avatar
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: lisbon
Posts: 3,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slo_camaro
98 with a 4.0 honestly a 30 is going back in the front (just cause some mounts were ****ed from previous owner) and im thinking 4.56s ( i havent got that far yet into the research and all)

my reasoning is it wont see a whole lot of dirt. plus once i do put the lift on it shell be sitting on 31s for a while still. ill have to save up for the new tires unless i find a hell of a deal on a used set.

but that will be a whole nother thread as to what route to go, im not huge in 4x4s this is my first 4x4 all on my own, my last was a 85 K5 me and the old man fit some 40s on with a built 468. mostly his planning and me wrenching, but now im not sure what to do with everything, so there will be alot of questions, i HATE searching cause i can never find my exact anwser but o well lol. but any suggestions from you guys will be amazing, from what i hear i could do a 44 front and a 8.8 rear and fine, shes not gonna be a crazy crawler or seeing 10ft deep mud holes or anything will be some moderate 2 tracking with the occasional offroad park but ill know my boundaries til i either get another daily or i get my camaro back on the road driving
35 has to go for 35s. Mine has 44 front 8.8 rear. Love the rear, not sold on the front. Iro has great shafts, and weld on braces to make your 30 good, they recommended I get an hp though. They also recommended 4.88, and mine is a v8. But like you said, that's down the road.

94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
badbird17x is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
donszjaz
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Almost ran out of gas today SYCOHEMI WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum 37 04-29-2016 10:36 PM
Let me tell you what I did not do today husker_zj ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 9 03-19-2013 01:09 PM
got my 94 ZJ today, and did my first mod Saleen4971 ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 10 09-22-2009 12:52 AM
Hey, Today is 5.9 day! CAHotRodBoy ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 5 05-09-2005 09:35 PM
Have you had your V-8 today?? Myrtle Beach ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 12 04-30-2005 01:28 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome