What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 48 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 12-05-2010, 07:32 AM   #706
coralman
green backs to no backs

1998 ZJ 

Thought I would make a list of things I replaced this year on the zj just to keep things in perspective. Water pump, hoses, trans filter, plugs wires cap rotor, oil changes, tps, ckps, map sensor, idler pulleys and belt, radiator,fuel pump module twice{defective part}, pcm twice, coolant temp sensor,tvs cable,intalled a vic with wiring and sensors, installed the stock 5 band EQ radio out of a limited with tweeters, better door panels. auto dim rear view mirror, new headliner including recovering the visors{I have since found a set of visors with the extend wings I will swap out,repaired the short and recovered the overhead console, new valve cover gasket with cleaning of the head,cleaning of the engine compartment, oxygen sensors, new rear hatch lift cylinders, new rear weatherstrips. I wont even go to the WJ.
On deck is a set of black leather seats and wiring with heat and memory, a new rear latch, complete exhaust and front end rebuild. That is if my wallet and energy hold out.

coralman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2010, 05:17 PM   #707
CULate
1930 J-Series Truck 

I changed gear oil & transfer case oil. Boy what d a difference it made. Much smoother & quieter.
CULate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2010, 05:19 PM   #708
Mike97ZJ
1997 ZJ 

Changed the oil and fixed the broken battery hold down.
Mike97ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2010, 10:53 PM   #709
freakinheep89
1995 ZJ 

changed the idler pulley that was going out. no more whining. gotta get some new u joints all down the driveline, got a little clunk from neutral to drive.
freakinheep89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2010, 11:10 PM   #710
tonymartin
1993 YJ Wrangler 

swapped tranny mount and fitted a new (to me) passanger side recovery point from an overland. The one that was on the drivers side was the most basic flimsy piece of crap I've ever seen. Needless to say it got ripped off and tore the frame where the stock hook mounts. So no chance of a bumper install anytime soon.
Unread 12-05-2010, 11:26 PM   #711
freakinheep89
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonymartin View Post
swapped tranny mount and fitted a new (to me) passanger side recovery point from an overland. The one that was on the drivers side was the most basic flimsy piece of crap I've ever seen. Needless to say it got ripped off and tore the frame where the stock hook mounts. So no chance of a bumper install anytime soon.
ouch. time to break out the welder. i gave up on the factory hooks, i got a kor radiator support with hooks for recovery points. much stronger. soon i will have a custom bumper to go with it.
freakinheep89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2010, 11:37 PM   #712
tonymartin
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakinheep89 View Post
ouch. time to break out the welder. i gave up on the factory hooks, i got a kor radiator support with hooks for recovery points. much stronger. soon i will have a custom bumper to go with it.
Yep ouch. I will be saving the pennies and getting an iceland offroad bumper fitted (hopefully) soon so I will ask the shop that fits that to weld it up before the install the bumper/winch plate. I can't get over how thin that part of the frame is. I was almost tempted to get a hook welded to the engine skid plate but didn't wanna risk pulling that out and completely twisting the front end. Ah well, life goes on.
Unread 12-06-2010, 03:55 PM   #713
GreenLeader
1998 ZJ 

I sent mine to the shop. The lower transmission cooler line had been jerry-rigged by the previous owner. Somehow, the engine mount broke the line. I tried to replace it over the weekend but quickly realized that was beyond my capabilities. Hopefully she'll be out before this weekend so I can finally drive her around and see what she's got.
Unread 12-06-2010, 05:48 PM   #714
lateralus3
1994 ZJ 

one down 3 to go. i hate not having enough money to buy them all at once. at least its free shipping 15x10 3.75 inch backspacing. pro comp rock crawler series 52 in flat black
drool2.jpg   drool.jpg  

1994 grand cherokee laredo 4.0 IRO 5.5 critical path long arm kit and OTK steering 35x12.50x15 BFG KM2's

high pinion dana 30 and 8.8 in garage
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/lateralus3s-slow-build-thread-1042086/"]my build thread[/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]FOR SALE ONE SET OF ZJ D44A AXLE SHAFTS $150 SHIPPED[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]
lateralus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2010, 07:50 AM   #715
t0sd0gg
1998 ZJ 

new to the site. thought id post up everything in the last few months. got the zj for $900. replaced brake pads rotors and some brake lines. replaced the rear wiper motor and the door chime (PO mustve been tired of his VIC going off nonstop). replaced the a/c compressor and condenser. sanded the stock rims down and painted them flat black. replaced headlight assembly and got clear side markers. repaired the giant hole in the rocker panel by cutting it out and putting a 4x6 inch square tube in its place. (the 4x6 was 3 2x4's welded together for strength). cut the old cat and muffler right off and put in straight pipe and a cherry bomb glass pack. removed valve covers that were rusty and leaking. wire brushed them down and painted them chrysler red and installed them with new seals. removed the intake manifold and cleaned it all out with tb cleaner. replaced egr valve while i was in there to clear my cel. all new seals for intake mani egr and plenum. got a roof rack bar from the local jy and threw it on (soon to be a light bar). threw in some cheapo struts to have a decent ride this winter before i get my LA kit. also called around to find myself a 242 to swap in. oh also painted all gold trim black including jeep logos and decals.
t0sd0gg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2010, 07:58 AM   #716
tonymartin
1993 YJ Wrangler 

had the cracked muffler inlet welded closed as a cheap fix until i get my 3" cat to tip system from IRO. The guy in the shop had no 2.25" pipe to straight pipe it!
Unread 12-07-2010, 12:33 PM   #717
MN ZJ
1996 ZJ 

Besides the usual oil changes, etc., this year the ZJ got all new brake pads. I tracked down--and fixed--the funky turn signal debacle (it was the flasher/relay) and rebuilt the front driveshaft.

The K&N is looking a little dirty, so I'll need to clean and re-oil that soon. Maybe on a day when I can relax with a bloody mary while it's drying...

Also on the list: I need to replace the rear hatch struts and burp the air out of the heater core. It's getting colder outside and the sloshing is starting to bug me.

-K
MN ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2010, 05:38 PM   #718
cweyer07
1993 ZJ 

I broke my gas tank in to spots going down some rocks and messed up the water pump in the same trip
cweyer07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2010, 07:59 PM   #719
Mont
1998 ZJ 

Going to replace my Engine mounts and change out my transmission pan this weekend...
Mont is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2010, 08:42 PM   #720
gogophers34
1997 ZJ 

Didnt do it today, but I recently Hurcu-lined my plastics. Looks good.
gogophers34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door latch

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.