What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 479 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 01-15-2012, 05:40 PM   #7171
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Finished re-tinting my lights. Looks much cleaner now. Also have a pinion seal leak in the 35 and in the front of my t-case

Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2012, 05:43 PM   #7172
extrememarine
1994 ZJ 

Blown 5.2 plenum gasket.

This weekend, I fixed this:

By putting this:

in here:

And ended up with this:

Extrememarine
extrememarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2012, 05:48 PM   #7173
torchd
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by extrememarine View Post

By putting this:

in here:

And ended up with this:
Wow Wayne that looks great. I bet its gonna run a lot better. Now you need to clean the motor

How did the injectors work for ya?

[b][color=red]2002 Trans Am[/b][/color]
Cam, Full Exhaust, Stock Heads, Stock LS6 Intake and Stock 10 bolt with 3.42s
[b]420 RWHP and 382 RWHTQ[/b]
torchd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2012, 05:48 PM   #7174
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by extrememarine

By putting this:

in here:

And ended up with this:
Awesome, how's it run?
94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
badbird17x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2012, 05:50 PM   #7175
torchd
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
Went to the yard today and got 4 more 703 injectors, transfer case skid, durango air hat, and an awesome rear door off of an old Jeep DJ.
That door is awesome!!! You gonna paint it and do something with it?

Unread 01-15-2012, 05:53 PM   #7176
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

I was thinking of painting it a nice red and hanging it up or maybe selling it if the price was right.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2012, 05:59 PM   #7177
RedneckZJ
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Went to the yard today and got 4 more 703 injectors, transfer case skid, durango air hat, and an awesome rear door off of an old Jeep DJ.
definitely post pics when you get that air hat on
You drive a tj, we drive a zj. We have more power while you get more shower. We get the v8 while you get there too late. You have 2 doors well, we have 2 more. Ours costs a grand while yours has a price we cant stand.
RedneckZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2012, 06:18 PM   #7178
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckZJ View Post
definitely post pics when you get that air hat on
I am going to have to trim a small portion of the cross member behind the insulation.
Unread 01-15-2012, 06:29 PM   #7179
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyle713 View Post
Finished re-tinting my lights. Looks much cleaner now. Also have a pinion seal leak in the 35 and in the front of my t-case
The tc shouldn't be that bad. The diff is a slightly different story. Some claim it's possible to do it without oulling gears, but you have to be exact with putting the bolt over the crush sleeve exactly how it came off. I guess you could count the number of turns.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2012, 06:53 PM   #7180
extrememarine
1994 ZJ 

runs great.

it is clean - for a Jeep...

The injectors were a bust; one or 2 of them are bad (For everyone else - I had a set of Bosch 703 4 hole injectors to swap in I pulled at a junkyard). I need to make a test jig and test them. The initial start up was ugly - I think one of them was just pumping fuel constantly. I swapped out the 703's back to the original single hole injectors and all was good.

It runs tremendous now. The plenum gasket was blown in 2 spots. Detonation / spark knock is gone, throttle response is much crisper, it spins up through the RPM range much quicker, pulls hard from a stop. I had a weird idle surge / rpm hunt between 800-1100 rpms from the polished throttle body I put on; that is gone now; idle is steady and solid. I have about a solid 10 weeks of fuel mileage data from before the swap, and I'll track another 4-6 weeks to see how it compares. If MPG does not change, I'm still very happy because the drive ability is so much better.

I'm working on a write up for it - I found a couple things that might help others that worked well for me.

And a big thanks goes to Nick / Kolak for his help with this project. We must have exchanged 100 emails in conversation - he always was prompt and accurate with his responses. He's gained a repeat customer for sure.

Wayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchd View Post
Wow Wayne that looks great. I bet its gonna run a lot better. Now you need to clean the motor

How did the injectors work for ya?

Extrememarine
Unread 01-15-2012, 07:03 PM   #7181
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Shifter, and gauge system arrived at the shop yesterday.
image-24199809.jpg   image-43339661.jpg  
94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
badbird17x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2012, 07:11 PM   #7182
torchd
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by extrememarine View Post
it is clean - for a Jeep...

The injectors were a bust; one or 2 of them are bad (For everyone else - I had a set of Bosch 703 4 hole injectors to swap in I pulled at a junkyard). I need to make a test jig and test them. The initial start up was ugly - I think one of them was just pumping fuel constantly. I swapped out the 703's back to the original single hole injectors and all was good.

It runs tremendous now. The plenum gasket was blown in 2 spots. Detonation / spark knock is gone, throttle response is much crisper, it spins up through the RPM range much quicker, pulls hard from a stop. I had a weird idle surge / rpm hunt between 800-1100 rpms from the polished throttle body I put on; that is gone now; idle is steady and solid. I have about a solid 10 weeks of fuel mileage data from before the swap, and I'll track another 4-6 weeks to see how it compares. If MPG does not change, I'm still very happy because the drive ability is so much better.

I'm working on a write up for it - I found a couple things that might help others that worked well for me.

And a big thanks goes to Nick / Kolak for his help with this project. We must have exchanged 100 emails in conversation - he always was prompt and accurate with his responses. He's gained a repeat customer for sure.

Wayne
Well that's sucks that 2 of the injectors were bad. I know we were talking about you building a test stand to test out the injectors first. Did you end up putting the stock ones back in for now, or did you swap out the 2 bad inectors? I'm asking bc you said you Jeep idled smooth now and wasn't sure if you swapped in the 703 injectors. I hope the other 6 that you get will work..

Glad your Jeep runs much better now

Unread 01-15-2012, 07:19 PM   #7183
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Did you rebuild the injectors or just clean them and install? Just curious because I have 8 sitting here that I am going to rebuild and hope they work.
Unread 01-15-2012, 07:48 PM   #7184
extrememarine
1994 ZJ 

703 injectors

I put the original 8 single hole injectors back in. This is my daily driver, so I could not spend the time trouble shooting them today in the truck; it had to be ready to roll tonight for work in the morning.

I cleaned them and rebuilt them with a kit from Mr. Injector - new caps, filters, orings. I did not grab a harness end plug when I pulled them to use to make a test jig like I should have. I ohm'd them out, and they all were within the specs I found online. I was getting heavy black smoke out the exhaust - I think one or two of them were just spraying full time.

I should have put them in the truck before i did the intake swap as a means of limiting the amount of change at once. When I got the thing started, I was PO'd that it was running so bad - I thought I'd missed something serious on the intake swap.

I'm going to find some clear tubing and make a test stand for them, and run some cleaner through them, and I will know which ones are good and which are not.

Wayne

Quote:
Did you rebuild the injectors or just clean them and install? Just curious because I have 8 sitting here that I am going to rebuild and hope they work.

Extrememarine
Unread 01-15-2012, 08:10 PM   #7185
TurboTPI
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbird17x
Shifter, and gauge system arrived at the shop yesterday.
What's the cheetah shifter going in? Also what is that thing that looks to plug into the DLC?
09 Polaris Dragon 800 (His)
TurboTPI is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door latch

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.