What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 471 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 01-12-2012, 04:59 PM   #7051
TMNT2210
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Just picked up a new stereo since mine doesn't play cd's anymore. (Sony) Also got new front door speakers. Plus amp wire kit to hook up my subs.

If you don't know what a ZJ is- you can't afford it! -Beerfest
"cowabunga!!!" -TMNT
TMNT2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2012, 05:06 PM   #7052
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Bought a 50 ft featherlite aluminum wedge. Can haul all 3 to the trail this year.
94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
badbird17x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2012, 07:10 PM   #7053
pincheburro956
2000 XJ Cherokee 

today, i fixed my rear pinion/ds angle. i took off the stock upper ca's and made some longer UCA's with some pipe i had here and the stock bushings. just wanted to fix the d/s vibes i was getting. the UCA's came out nice. ill finish the other side tomorrow.

99 WJ, 2" BB, 245/75/16 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS.
pincheburro956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2012, 07:11 PM   #7054
E-rok
1996 ZJ 

got my retreads mounted on Moabs.

installing a BB + track bars + 5125's as soon as it gets here
Unread 01-12-2012, 09:37 PM   #7055
MrKeebler26
1994 ZJ 

Took off the drivers front wheel. Mysteriously the tire was flat... So I took it to the local discount tire. They re seated the bead and put a new valve stem for free. Not sure why but it was cool of them to do so.
Unread 01-12-2012, 09:54 PM   #7056
TurboTPI
1995 ZJ 

Drove it 50 miles in a winter storm. It took it flawlessly.
09 Polaris Dragon 800 (His)
TurboTPI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2012, 09:57 PM   #7057
mojop79
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKeebler26
Took off the drivers front wheel. Mysteriously the tire was flat... So I took it to the local discount tire. They re seated the bead and put a new valve stem for free. Not sure why but it was cool of them to do so.
Off road jeepers = good biz.
mojop79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2012, 10:36 PM   #7058
Airborn
1998 ZJ 

Well was coming back home from college (2.5hr drive, i left at 6pm got home at 10:58pm) and the jeep got sideways going about 55. So i corrected it, which over corrected it, corrected it again, which again over corrected it, corrected it again finally it straightened out for .1sec then it went sideways again. Spun me completely around and i went back end first into a ditch and smacked i tree. I remember looking at the ditch when it was parallel to me thinking "its gonna flip". It broke the bead off of the tire so my roomate and i changed the spare (took 40min). Yes the road was completely ice but i didnt even notice until things started happening. I am one of the safest drivers (always do speed limit etc.) because of previous experiences as a passenger and some of my dads stories. Obviously worse things could have happened and i am thankfull that they didnt but i still cant beleive it happened. The axle looks off and i couldnt keep the thing on the road after it happened (swerving all over) but i go to school as an automotive technician and i know what a small tire and a larger tire do on the same axle so it could have been that. Hopefully nothing is too wrong with it, i know this wasnt good for the differential having the two different size tires on it. Anyways i will try to get it looking as good as possible becuase i am so picky about vehicles. I probably just rambled that story on and it may not have made sense to you guys but my head still isnt straight right now. Everyone be safe cause as i found out this can happen to anyone. I have a few picks of it in the garge, they dont do the justice but whatever. Becareful guys.

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L : 172,xxx miles, IRO 3.5" F>R lift, IRO Adjustable Control Arms, IRO Adjustable Track Bars, 31" Goodyear Wrangler Authority on Cragar V5's, Pavement Pounder until I get out of college :( ...Built Not Bought #650
Spend the Time and the Money the 1st Time, You'll End Up Doing it Anyway.
Airborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2012, 10:56 PM   #7059
Cameleer
1998 ZJ 

Drove around enjoying how well my jeep is running now. Stopped by and visited an old friend who has 4 tigers and other exotic animals, then back home to do some more cleaning under my jeep.

Maybe I should explain about the cleaning under my jeep. I've been off work for a few months because of a knee injury and have limited funds with a lot of time on my hands.
I had to replace the jeep's water pump, radiator, harmonic balancer, motor mounts and a few other things, along with rebuilding the rear end and 249 TC.
Monday it's going in to have some rock sliders installed and I still have a few parts on order.

So with all of this down time and all of my free time I detailed the body, the inside, under the hood and then started under the body.

Tonight I ordered a Ram mounting bracket of my Motorola Xoom tablet where I can mount it above the jeep's center console and use tethering from my iPhone, also getting a signal booster with a antenna that will go on the roof rack.

If anyone asks me what I did while I was recovering, I will just point over to my jeep and smile.

Unread 01-13-2012, 02:33 AM   #7060
93zjbums
1993 ZJ 

i drove in the snow on top of ice in 4full time and had a blast leaving the police that was spinning his tires at the stop light to get moving lol
92 xj stock 358k miles wifes
93zjbums is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2012, 07:36 AM   #7061
somebody5788
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameleer View Post
Drove around enjoying how well my jeep is running now. Stopped by and visited an old friend who has 4 tigers and other exotic animals, then back home to do some more cleaning under my jeep.

Maybe I should explain about the cleaning under my jeep. I've been off work for a few months because of a knee injury and have limited funds with a lot of time on my hands.
I had to replace the jeep's water pump, radiator, harmonic balancer, motor mounts and a few other things, along with rebuilding the rear end and 249 TC.
Monday it's going in to have some rock sliders installed and I still have a few parts on order.

So with all of this down time and all of my free time I detailed the body, the inside, under the hood and then started under the body.

Tonight I ordered a Ram mounting bracket of my Motorola Xoom tablet where I can mount it above the jeep's center console and use tethering from my iPhone, also getting a signal booster with a antenna that will go on the roof rack.

If anyone asks me what I did while I was recovering, I will just point over to my jeep and smile.
I know I keep making the "It's not Jeep like" comments, they are all in good fun though. Honestly it looks awesome and I'm very jealous. But I could never have one that clean. I buy a ZJ to be able to do anything to it and not care when I put a scratch or dent in it. I guess that's also why I paid $500 for it lol.
Unread 01-13-2012, 07:45 AM   #7062
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebody5788

I know I keep making the "It's not Jeep like" comments, they are all in good fun though. Honestly it looks awesome and I'm very jealous. But I could never have one that clean. I buy a ZJ to be able to do anything to it and not care when I put a scratch or dent in it. I guess that's also why I paid $500 for it lol.
X2. Though I would love to have a niner that's that clean, my favorite thing about my zjs is that they are cheap 4 seat atvs to me, so I beat them like red headed stepchildren. Lol
94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
badbird17x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2012, 08:05 AM   #7063
Wildspear
1993 ZJ 

Hey Airborne, glad to hear no serious injuries.....except for your rig. Take your time and give a good look over and let us know the repairs you make.
Wildspear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2012, 08:14 AM   #7064
speedbucket
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbird17x View Post
X2. Though I would love to have a niner that's that clean, my favorite thing about my zjs is that they are cheap 4 seat atvs to me, so I beat them like red headed stepchildren. Lol
X3

It is pretty and all but I've always been a function over form Guy. I don't care what it looks like if it will get me from a to b. I like hearing " that thing looks like it will go places " vs " well that's a pretty Jeep". To each their own and everyone has their own place on jf.

Edit: although I do find it a bit silly that the cleanest zj I've ever seen has "mud" on its license plate.
Also glad to here everyone was ok on the ice adventure
Unread 01-13-2012, 08:52 AM   #7065
torchd
1998 ZJ 

Did a little bit of wheeling last night during our snow storm.. Went to a construction site with frozen dirt mounds and some standing snow ~3" maybe.

What would you guys have used for wheeling, 4PT or 4LO? I used 4LO. I just don't know when to use 4PT and 4LO?

I keep getting 4PT and 4LO confused

Pics and vid were taken with an iPhone 4.. Pics were at a little bit of a distance looking up

[b][color=red]2002 Trans Am[/b][/color]
Cam, Full Exhaust, Stock Heads, Stock LS6 Intake and Stock 10 bolt with 3.42s
[b]420 RWHP and 382 RWHTQ[/b]
torchd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door latch

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.