What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 469 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 01-11-2012, 06:44 PM   #7021
Bkuprionas
1997 ZJ 

My jeep wouldn't turn on. Had no lights at all and now power but i was able to crank it. Wiggled the battery wires and miraculously, I had lights. Idk what happened at all.

Bkuprionas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2012, 06:58 PM   #7022
caligiuri87
1994 ZJ 

ok guys what is this called in the pic. comes out my 46RH tranny. thought it was my solenoid busted took a little plate of this spring fell out broken as u can see. with a cylinder on it? on top of this housing is where the connector of the solenoid is bolted in. now i know this broke while driving out of now where. so hope u can identify this so i can order and replace it. prob with that cylinder or not outside is great just the edge inside

since my overdrive button works im sure this spring is the problem here. i have the new solenoid here should i go ahaed and repalce that as well? or just the spring. im thinking both
102_1119.jpg  
Unread 01-11-2012, 06:59 PM   #7023
caligiuri87
1994 ZJ 

ok guys what is this called in the pic. comes out my 46RH tranny. thought it was my solenoid busted took a little plate of this spring fell out broken as u can see. with a cylinder on it? on top of this housing is where the connector of the solenoid is bolted in. now i know this broke while driving out of now where. so hope u can identify this so i can order and replace it. prob with that cylinder or not outside is great just the edge inside

since my overdrive button works im sure this spring is the problem here. i have the new solenoid here should i go ahaed and repalce that as well? or just the spring. im thinking both
Unread 01-11-2012, 07:56 PM   #7024
amremt408
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000

I used the Derale 16749. The sensor screws right into the stock t-fittings in the rad hoses. It takes some tinkering to get the on/off temp setting correct, but it works great. Big red and black wires that would normally drive the fan go to the stock sensor wires (orientation doesn't matter, it's only closing a circuit in this case). Other than that, wire it up per the directions.
Sweet... Thanks for the info. It doesn't look like my autozone has this, so I'm gonna have to order it.

2004 WJ... OME HD coils, Bilsteins shocks, JKS adj track bar, MOOG SS, ADDCO rear sway bar with ext., Bridgestone REVO 265/70/17.
amremt408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2012, 08:34 PM   #7025
r34civic
1995 ZJ 

UGH! changed rear diff fluid AGAIN, it was soooo thick and discolored after only 3k miles. also changed the oil
r34civic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2012, 09:44 PM   #7026
Cameleer
1998 ZJ 

My Niner has been up on the rack the past few days. Had a bad knocking sound that turned out to be axel rear problems. The D44A rear axel has now been rebuilt and the 249 TC rear bushing was also replaced.
Didn't realize how much noise had also been coming form a bad wheel bearing, thought it was just more tire noise.

She's looking good and running good, now it's time to have some fun!!!!

Unread 01-11-2012, 09:49 PM   #7027
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Picked up 2 more VisionX lights.
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2012, 10:42 PM   #7028
pincheburro956
1999 WJ 

[QUOTE=Cameleer;12841495]My Niner has been up on the rack the past few days. Had a bad knocking sound that turned out to be axel rear problems. The D44A rear axel has now been rebuilt and the 249 TC rear bushing was also replaced.
Didn't realize how much noise had also been coming form a bad wheel bearing, thought it was just more tire noise.

shes one sexy BEAST!!!

99 WJ, 2" BB, 245/75/16 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS.
pincheburro956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2012, 12:49 AM   #7029
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Saw a lifted libby while picking up a new battery for my moms car. Would post pics but they wont load. Also, just found out its snowing . Its snowing pretty good too. Driveway is all white. 2nd snow fall of the season. Just hope it continues all through tomorrow so I can do some snow wheeling with my newly acquired 2wd .

As for the zj, continuing my mesh grille inserts. Just a pain cause theyre not metal so when you bend them they dont stay in place. Have to have a couple clamps on there and hit them with a heat gun to keep them there while the silicone dries. Should look awesome when its done. Grille is black with white inserts so you can actually see them.
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2012, 07:26 AM   #7030
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameleer View Post
My Niner has been up on the rack the past few days. Had a bad knocking sound that turned out to be axel rear problems. The D44A rear axel has now been rebuilt and the 249 TC rear bushing was also replaced.

She's looking good and running good, now it's time to have some fun!!!
I'm impressed, you managed to keep a full exhaust on it with long arms!

Back on topic, I drove the ZJ to work today, and am going to be giving it a good once over before I drive it to Rochester tomorrow.
comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2012, 09:25 AM   #7031
Cameleer
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post
I'm impressed, you managed to keep a full exhaust on it with long arms!

Back on topic, I drove the ZJ to work today, and am going to be giving it a good once over before I drive it to Rochester tomorrow.
Check out that tailpipe I had put on 2 weeks ago, it's a true 3"
After having it installed I was under there and noticed if my suspension bottoms out the tailpipe will be completely crushed by the diff.
Go from 2.5" to 3" sure changed to acoustic tone and also made it a little louder.
Unread 01-12-2012, 09:27 AM   #7032
Yardman Harry
O

1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Check out that tailpipe I had put on 2 weeks ago, it's a true 3"
After having it installed I was under there and noticed if my suspension bottoms out the tailpipe will be completely crushed by the diff.
Go from 2.5" to 3" sure changed to acoustic tone and also made it a little louder.
I have a 3 inch tail pipe too... it rattles on the gas tank shroud every now and then... but its such a tight fit back there.

1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Ed. I6 - 4.0 litre, 4" SL, D44 rear, 4:56 Gears, AA SYE with double cardon custom rear Drive Shaft, IRO Adj CAs, Kevins Rear Adj TB with JOHNNY JOINT end

1999 Mazda Miata MX5 - Jet Black

1990 Jeep Cherokee Sport I6 - 4.0 litre
White
~Junked~
Yardman Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2012, 09:30 AM   #7033
speedbucket
1993 ZJ 

thats what she said
Unread 01-12-2012, 09:35 AM   #7034
somebody5788
1994 ZJ 

Quote:

Love this picture lol. I'm always looking for pictures like this to use as examples for people on one thing or another. They are hard to find!
Unread 01-12-2012, 09:38 AM   #7035
Yardman Harry
O

1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbucket View Post
thats what she said
You've talked with my wife I see

1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Ed. I6 - 4.0 litre, 4" SL, D44 rear, 4:56 Gears, AA SYE with double cardon custom rear Drive Shaft, IRO Adj CAs, Kevins Rear Adj TB with JOHNNY JOINT end

1999 Mazda Miata MX5 - Jet Black

1990 Jeep Cherokee Sport I6 - 4.0 litre
White
~Junked~
Yardman Harry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door latch

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.