Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#9,243 ·
Pulled a replacement D44A from the junk yard this morning (mine is toast and will eventually do an 8.8 swap).

Had it out in about an hour (using a cordless sawzall) along with a really nice Class 3 trailer hitch.

$120 out the gate for both....

:cheers2:

#9,246 ·
Woke up to this today. I guess im gonna have to go pick up a gasket and some fluid now. Freaking sucks, that fluid is no more than 60 days old.....Sh!+!!!!!!!!:brickwall:mad:

It's just her time of the month... Give her a few days and things will be fine again :laugh:

#9,248 ·
Plumbed for rear rad, filled with coolant, finished 4 link, rebuilt rear frame where po cobbled it, plumbed most of the air compressor, mounted fire extinguisher, figured out full droop for limiter straps, finished intake.

Attachments

#9,254 ·
I painted and installed my new winch bumper from RLC today!

#9,255 ·
I ripped the front axle out of the parts 93, I'm trying to decide what all esle to salvage.

#9,256 ·
Put my newly trimmed and painted front bumper cover back on along with a cool Euro plate my friend sent me from Czech.

Still have to scuff the hood, cut the holes for the 5.9 louvers and shoot it base/clear.

Then, on to removing the nubs from the cladding and shooting the doors.

Also got my JK rear upper control arms delivered today and got them installed up front.

Pic shows the stock OEM arms, the junk that was on there from the PO that had Heims that were shot, and the new JK arms.

Attachments

#9,257 ·
IronMaiden said:
Put my newly trimmed and painted front bumper cover back on along with a cool Euro plate my friend sent me from Czech.

Still have to scuff the hood, cut the holes for the 5.9 louvers and shoot it base/clear.

Then, on to removing the nubs from the cladding and shooting the doors.

Also got my JK rear upper control arms delivered today and got them installed up front.

Pic shows the stock OEM arms, the junk that was on there from the PO that had Heims that were shot, and the new JK arms.
How much longer are the jk arms? Could I get uppers and lowers and work fnr on a zj to solve my needing longer arm problem? Lol.

#9,258 ·
I don't know what would work for the uppers ( I have adjustable uppers on mine) but the JK arms are 17 1/2" from eye to eye. They are stock rear uppers from any JK.

It pushed my front axle forward and centered it up in the wheel well very nicely. The bend in them also gives you much more clearance for larger tires at full lock. I'm running 35's right now.

You can also run ZJ rear lowers up front to give you an inch more. They measure 16 3/4" in length. Stock ZJ front lowers are 15 3/4".

I'm only running these until I can finish my home made long arms.

#9,260 ·
IronMaiden said:
I don't know what would work for the uppers ( I have adjustable uppers on mine) but the JK arms are 17 1/2" from eye to eye. They are stock rear uppers from any JK.

It pushed my front axle forward and centered it up in the wheel well very nicely. The bend in them also gives you much more clearance for larger tires at full lock. I'm running 35's right now.

You can also run ZJ rear lowers up front to give you an inch more. They measure 16 3/4" in length. Stock ZJ front lowers are 15 3/4".

I'm only running these until I can finish my home made long arms.
Awesome, so I can take my zj rear lowers and put them up front, then buy these for the rear, then have to make uppers I presume.