What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 462 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Old Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble Fairleads

Unread 01-08-2012, 09:28 PM   #6916
pincheburro956
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pincheburro956 View Post
broke the power steering bracket from my 5.2. anyone know where i can get one, not like the cheap OE type. maybe a steel or aluminum one.....

My wife convinced me to just make one, so i did. used a piece of 1/4" steel for the base, and drilled the holes to mount to the engine.

then drilled the holes and welded some Grade 8 flanged nuts to mount the P/S pump to the bracket.

Now i got a heavy duty steel bracket that wont break like that OEM crap.

99 WJ, 2" BB, 245/75/16 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS.
pincheburro956 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2012, 10:09 PM   #6917
ninjastar
1993 ZJ 

So I finshed my lift today and it looks great, but now I just have this erge to go taller and bigger. But here are some problems that Im having.

1-front wheels stick more left and the rear wheels stick out more right
2-rear wheels are not centered in wheel wel.
3-when driving in a stright line, my steering wheel is upside down
4-Jeep turns all the way left but not right.
5-Had to take out the mounting brackets and do some zip tieing to be able to drop all the way without no problems.

Hopeful an alignment should fix this all up right(except 5), if the guys know what their doing. Because I read other peoples threads and forums talking about this and ended up just doing it themselves and adj. the drag link.

Front

Rear

Before

After

Also about the shocks, this is what I was talking about and how I tightend them.
ninjastar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2012, 10:14 PM   #6918
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjastar View Post
so i finshed my lift today and it looks great, but now i just have this erge to go taller and bigger. But here are some problems that im having.

4-jeep turns all the way left but not right.
5-had to take out the mounting brackets and do some zip tieing to be able to drop all the way without no problems.

Hopeful an alignment should fix this all up right(except 5), if the guys know what their doing. Because i read other peoples threads and forums talking about this and ended up just doing it themselves and adj. The drag link.

Front

rear

before

after

also about the shocks, this is what i was talking about and how i tightend them.

omg track bars!
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2012, 10:30 PM   #6919
RedneckZJ
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjastar View Post
So I finshed my lift today and it looks great, but now I just have this erge to go taller and bigger. But here are some problems that Im having.

4-Jeep turns all the way left but not right.
5-Had to take out the mounting brackets and do some zip tieing to be able to drop all the way without no problems.

Hopeful an alignment should fix this all up right(except 5), if the guys know what their doing. Because I read other peoples threads and forums talking about this and ended up just doing it themselves and adj. the drag link.

Front

Rear

Before

After

Also about the shocks, this is what I was talking about and how I tightend them.
1&2 track bars
3&4 alignment
You drive a tj, we drive a zj. We have more power while you get more shower. We get the v8 while you get there too late. You have 2 doors well, we have 2 more. Ours costs a grand while yours has a price we cant stand.
RedneckZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2012, 10:48 PM   #6920
ninjastar
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
omg track bars!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckZJ View Post
1&2 track bars
3&4 alignment
I have the fronts, waiting for the rear, and Im going to go to firestone to get me that lifetime Alignment so that when I add more adjustable parts, I dont have to pay any more.
Unread 01-08-2012, 10:52 PM   #6921
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

2 you can only fix with longer control arms.
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2012, 10:54 PM   #6922
biebs53
1998 ZJ 

1) track bar
2) control arms
3 and 4) alignment

Damn, you guys beat me to it

Build thread: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-raven-biebs53-build-thread-1215245/[/FONT][/url][/CENTER]
biebs53 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2012, 11:03 PM   #6923
harwood909
1995 ZJ 

Finished up my T-case Linkage

I made this beautiful set-up

Read all about it HERE!!!!

Literally Built
harwood909 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2012, 11:05 PM   #6924
ninjastar
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyle713 View Post
2 you can only fix with longer control arms.
Both upper and lower, would this be a fix it now before hitting the trail because it will rub the lower portion of the fender or can it wait?

Quote:
Originally Posted by biebs53 View Post
1) track bar
2) control arms
3 and 4) alignment

Damn, you guys beat me to it
Unread 01-08-2012, 11:21 PM   #6925
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

It can wait. Tires move back as they move up. You could do the alignment yourself by measuring fnr of the front tires. Though I would start by adjusting the arm off the pitman arm to get it turning equal, and steering wheel correct.
94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
badbird17x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2012, 11:50 PM   #6926
ninjastar
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbird17x View Post
It can wait. Tires move back as they move up. You could do the alignment yourself by measuring fnr of the front tires. Though I would start by adjusting the arm off the pitman arm to get it turning equal, and steering wheel correct.
As long as I dont rub while on the trail them Im good. I was thinking of doing it myself after I found this website that shows everything on it. But it looks time consuming

http://project-jk.com/wpg2?g2_itemId=49543
Unread 01-09-2012, 12:10 AM   #6927
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
And it is ????
Quote:
I bought an 02 avalanche, love it so much the dmax only leaves the garage when I need to pull heavy trailers.
You lucky mo-fo haha I wish I had money. I am going to the bank tomorrow to see what I can get for a loan. It's a 2002 Dodge Dakota quad cab, 5.9, 50k original miles, not a single dent or scratch, no rust, things mint! If all goes well, girlfriend said she would loan me the money for the down payment and I would pay her back when I sell the Jeep. But I am probably going to wait it out, fix all that's wrong with the Jeep and sell it with nothing wrong so I can get alot more for it.

EDIT: that's if I do, depending on what happens in the next few months for moving out. I got a job offer that involves alot of hauling which is why I have been looking more at trucks. Worst comes to worst, I will tow with the Jeep and see how it goes.
Unread 01-09-2012, 12:17 AM   #6928
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood909 View Post
I made this beautiful set-up

Read all about it HERE!!!!
Satisfaction of a job well done. Realization that it has to be done again.....priceless.

I can't tell you how many times I have done that with the bumpstop cups when I get so focused on getting the darn coils in. Derp.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2012, 01:19 AM   #6929
hellz67410
1995 ZJ 

Changed the intake gaskets,installed a new thermostat and replaced a broken motor mount. Next on the list is to change the door pins.
Unread 01-09-2012, 01:45 AM   #6930
biebs53
1998 ZJ 

Just got cut off by a smart car... Should have seen his face when he saw what he cut off as we flipped him off and hauled *** by him at almost 6000 rpm. It was deafening

Build thread: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-raven-biebs53-build-thread-1215245/[/FONT][/url][/CENTER]
biebs53 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.