What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 461 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 01-08-2012, 04:13 PM   #6901
DeansWings
1996 ZJ 

My radiator blew on the trails for no apparent reason. Didn't hit it and was actually taking it easy as I am still diagnosing a new suspension noise (weird, huh?) Had to do a combat swap on a rock hill after getting ran into town to get a new one. Swap went without issue.

After that we kept riding for a bit, then got a weird vibration I could feel in the break pedal. After being 100% sure it was the wheel bearing, discovered my extended brake line shifted and was rubbing on my tire. Doh!

'06 WK 3.7 2wd stock as a rock.

The Build:
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/96-zj-build-1262449/[/url]

North Texas Grands:
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f348/north-texas-grands-1323367/[/url]

Youtube wheeling vids (mostly from Bridgeport):
[url]http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDeanswings?feature=guide[/url]

Grand Slam Texas!:
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/grand-slam-texas-1419143/index19.html[/url]
DeansWings is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2012, 04:14 PM   #6902
biebs53
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz
I won't worry about 31s rubbing then. Since it was brought up, I want to know everyone's opinions on shock boots.
They keep stuff out but if stuff somehow gets in, it's trapped in. Theres holes for water and dirt to drain out though. Just clean em after you wheel. Mine came with boots so i kept em on, i think it voids the warranty if you dont run em

Build thread: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-raven-biebs53-build-thread-1215245/[/FONT][/url][/CENTER]
biebs53 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2012, 04:31 PM   #6903
Dyn0mitemat
1998 ZJ 

I put my bilsteins on and after the very first day with them on they were full of mud sand and water, I cut them off and threw them in the garbage where they belong
Unread 01-08-2012, 05:50 PM   #6904
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Plastidipped my "Jeep" and "Grand Cherokee" emblems as well as my grille and my d-pillar vents. Had to repaint my grille cause im making some mesh grille inserts, which I painted white so you can actually see them behind my 4 hellas. Should look pretty good when I'm done with it.
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2012, 06:30 PM   #6905
torchd
1998 ZJ 

I added some coolant today. Read my post. I posted the same response in the ZJ section, thought I'd post it here too.

So last year it started. I had to fill my overflow tank and radiator about twice a month from December till March. I actually bought a new radiator, water pump, upper and lower radiator hoses, all new.

I was never able to get the time to be able install the water pump and radiator. Spring came along and my coolant level never dropped so I never installed it.

So fast forward thus past summer and coolant level NEVER dropped. Now we are in winter time and today I got gas (always check ALL fluids under the hood when I get gas) and noticed again I was about a quarter of a gallon or less low on coolant. I still have the same new parts from last year.

My question is, where does my coolant go in the winter time? There are no leaks or puddles on the ground. Do I have a coolant gremlin who likes to drink my coolant in the winter time only? Lol

[b][color=red]2002 Trans Am[/b][/color]
Cam, Full Exhaust, Stock Heads, Stock LS6 Intake and Stock 10 bolt with 3.42s
[b]420 RWHP and 382 RWHTQ[/b]
torchd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2012, 06:43 PM   #6906
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

It probably leaks just a little during warmup, then stops leaking as things heat up. Chances are, it doesn't leak enough to actually drip anywhere, and just evaporates. I'd put in a new radiator, etc, and see if it stops. If it doesn't, you might have bigger issues.
comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2012, 06:49 PM   #6907
StidgeInTN
1998 ZJ 

Decided to fix a leaking rear axle seal today. Figured while I was doing that, go ahead an do the bearing too...both sides. On my way to the auto parts store to get a bearing puller I saw this lady in a Subaru Legacy try to do some flexing. Drove right up onto one of those concrete "stoppers" in a parking space. Both of her Front wheels were off the ground. Backed up behind her, hooked it up and drug her off that thing. Surprisingly she didn't do any damage other than a dent in her cat and some scrapes on her control arms.

As for the rear axle bearings, they fought me tooth and nail. Expected it, the Cheapster's over 12 years old, but it was worth it. Sounding alot quieter at highway speed. Glad I went ahead and replaced both sides.
StidgeInTN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2012, 06:51 PM   #6908
naps4x4
1998 ZJ 

today i put a BB on and trimmed the fenders some. then bedlined the inside fixed some vac lines.
naps4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2012, 07:09 PM   #6909
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

did a little back yard wheelin in the woods found a mudhole to swallow in

took a ride in my first niner KICKASS talked about swapping his blown 249 for a 242.
then bought these bad boys

Im almost afraid to tell ya guys what i paid for them.......$35 local pickup. Now to decide paint them green like the jeep or black like the grille?
squazz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2012, 07:19 PM   #6910
torchd
1998 ZJ 

I say paint them black!

[b][color=red]2002 Trans Am[/b][/color]
Cam, Full Exhaust, Stock Heads, Stock LS6 Intake and Stock 10 bolt with 3.42s
[b]420 RWHP and 382 RWHTQ[/b]
torchd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2012, 07:33 PM   #6911
RedneckZJ
1996 ZJ 

got her all washed up and did a little photoshoot and did a little HDR work. came out pretty good. i need new tires though. also got a late xmas present, craftsman drill and battery powered impact.
You drive a tj, we drive a zj. We have more power while you get more shower. We get the v8 while you get there too late. You have 2 doors well, we have 2 more. Ours costs a grand while yours has a price we cant stand.
RedneckZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2012, 07:55 PM   #6912
Airborn
1998 ZJ 

Washed it. Had to get all of that salt off, bugs the crap out of me. It seems like everyone is getting their lifts. CONGRATS! lol. I also have all of my parts for 3.5" lift sitting in my room. I just need to save up for rims and tires. I am thinking maybe by march or middle of march i will have everything on. I am pretty sure i will have everything before then but i figured i would put it all on after winter ended.
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L : 172,xxx miles, IRO 3.5" F>R lift, IRO Adjustable Control Arms, IRO Adjustable Track Bars, 31" Goodyear Wrangler Authority on Cragar V5's, Pavement Pounder until I get out of college :( ...Built Not Bought #650
Spend the Time and the Money the 1st Time, You'll End Up Doing it Anyway.
Airborn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2012, 08:13 PM   #6913
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Found my dream truck and fell in love
Unread 01-08-2012, 08:26 PM   #6914
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser
And it is ????
94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
badbird17x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2012, 08:28 PM   #6915
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser
I bought an 02 avalanche, love it so much the dmax only leaves the garage when I need to pull heavy trailers.
94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
badbird17x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.