What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 460 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 01-08-2012, 02:27 AM   #6886
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

QUOTE=ninjastar;12815439]It is well built, but I think the hardiest thing would be is taking the jeep to get an alignment with all these adjustable parts.[/QUOTE]

PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2012, 02:30 AM   #6887
ninjastar
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
QUOTE=ninjastar;12815439]It is well built, but I think the hardiest thing would be is taking the jeep to get an alignment with all these adjustable parts.
[/QUOTE]

ninjastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2012, 05:40 AM   #6888
Blackspike85
1995 ZJ 

Took the cladding off my jeep and started grinding off all the little tabs. I see a satin black paint job in the near future !
Unread 01-08-2012, 05:45 AM   #6889
JamboM3
1997 ZJ 

Cleaned it, filled up with some of Tesco's finest 99ron petrol and drove it
JamboM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2012, 06:24 AM   #6890
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

@ninjastar

I just ordered that same IRO kit, I believe. The benchmark kit, right? If you didn't check the box for new rear coils for $99.99, you need to use your stock fronts on the rear. I went ahead and got new rear coils as well. I also ordered the HD rear trackbar because I've heard bad things about breaking off the trackbar bracket while wheeling. Also, for the front shocks, I believe if the nut up top keeps spinning, you're compressing the bushing. I don't know for sure, but I had that happen when I was putting my BB in. The nuts kept spinning so I kinda just left them that way. I check them every couple thousand miles and they don't come up at all. I think that's just how they are... Correct me if I'm wrong or if I messed something up when I did that. I'd love to get it right when I put in my new lift.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2012, 06:54 AM   #6891
indylodown
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
I just ordered that same IRO kit, I believe. The benchmark kit, right?
That is the kit that I put on my jeep about 2 months ago, and so far no issues at all, and yes I moved the front springs to the rear.

and just cause I felt like posting a pic, here it is with 3.5 inch lift and 32x11.5 Courser M/T's
indylodown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2012, 07:51 AM   #6892
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Do you rub at all with the 32s? I'm probably going to eventually do 265/70/16s on mine which are pretty much 31x10.5.

EDIT: Did you just get the benchmark lift? Did you order any upgrades along with it? I upped the shocks to the Nitros, got the JKS discos, JKS barpin eliminators, the HD rear trackbar like I said already, the new rear springs again like I said, the HD steering stabilizer, and of course, boots for the shocks and stabilizer. How does it ride with the stock arms? I did really want to get a full set of fixed arms for it too but I don't really have the means of dropping another $400 on top of what I already spent.
Unread 01-08-2012, 08:29 AM   #6893
indylodown
1997 ZJ 

just went with the basic kit and of course shocks (and boots) also did the steering stablizer. Everything else is stock and it rides fine. It only rubs in one place on the right front of the bumper that is only at full turn and backing out of the driveway at an angle (the driveway goes downhill a bit). I'm thinking of trimming the bumper.
Unread 01-08-2012, 11:26 AM   #6894
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by indylodown View Post
just went with the basic kit and of course shocks (and boots) also did the steering stablizer. Everything else is stock and it rides fine. It only rubs in one place on the right front of the bumper that is only at full turn and backing out of the driveway at an angle (the driveway goes downhill a bit). I'm thinking of trimming the bumper.
Do yourself a favor and take the boots off. If you do any wheeling, dirt and crap will get in there and ruin the shock.
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2012, 12:22 PM   #6895
ninjastar
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
@ninjastar

I just ordered that same IRO kit, I believe. The benchmark kit, right? If you didn't check the box for new rear coils for $99.99, you need to use your stock fronts on the rear. I went ahead and got new rear coils as well. I also ordered the HD rear trackbar because I've heard bad things about breaking off the trackbar bracket while wheeling. Also, for the front shocks, I believe if the nut up top keeps spinning, you're compressing the bushing. I don't know for sure, but I had that happen when I was putting my BB in. The nuts kept spinning so I kinda just left them that way. I check them every couple thousand miles and they don't come up at all. I think that's just how they are... Correct me if I'm wrong or if I messed something up when I did that. I'd love to get it right when I put in my new lift.
Ya i Upgraded to rear coils, quick disconnects, and no shocks because I went with kolak and got 5100s for the front and 5125 for the rear. Still debating on getting the jks or the iro rear track bar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
Do you rub at all with the 32s? I'm probably going to eventually do 265/70/16s on mine which are pretty much 31x10.5.

EDIT: Did you just get the benchmark lift? Did you order any upgrades along with it? I upped the shocks to the Nitros, got the JKS discos, JKS barpin eliminators, the HD rear trackbar like I said already, the new rear springs again like I said, the HD steering stabilizer, and of course, boots for the shocks and stabilizer. How does it ride with the stock arms? I did really want to get a full set of fixed arms for it too but I don't really have the means of dropping another $400 on top of what I already spent.
Ya I went with that kit and got those upgrades I said on top. Havent took it out yet to test drive but in a couple hours Ill find out.
ninjastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2012, 01:26 PM   #6896
indylodown
1997 ZJ 

well kinda bummed the header I went after turned out to be the stock manifold, seller didnt have it listed as original. On the plus side of the morning I got the jeep sprayed off and cleaned up and took a nice ride.
Unread 01-08-2012, 02:55 PM   #6897
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

I won't worry about 31s rubbing then. Since it was brought up, I want to know everyone's opinions on shock boots.
Unread 01-08-2012, 02:59 PM   #6898
johnridesjeeps
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz
I won't worry about 31s rubbing then. Since it was brought up, I want to know everyone's opinions on shock boots.
They can trap mud, dirt and small rocks in a damaged boot. My tj I never ran a boot and all was good.

On topic I drove it to work and thought about washing her. But I'm lazy. I also need to order shocks from kolak.
johnridesjeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2012, 03:04 PM   #6899
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Should be going in sometime this week to have the electrical wired in so I can legally tow my trailer. Might have a job offer an hour away but I would be getting 3x the pay, full benefits and dental coverage plus way higher bonus checks which means more money for the Jeep, or get my dream truck and possibly keep the Jeep. Not sure yet but either way, need to get the Jeep running right so I can stop putting money into it and get a house.
Unread 01-08-2012, 03:46 PM   #6900
pincheburro956
1999 WJ 

replaced the water pump. also, broke the power steering bracket from my 5.2. anyone know where i can get one, not like the cheap OE type. maybe a steel or aluminum one.....

99 WJ, 2" BB, 245/75/16 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS.
pincheburro956 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door latch

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.