What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 460 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Reply
Unread 01-08-2012, 02:27 AM   #6886
PolkaPower
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Abyss, MD
Posts: 16,025
QUOTE=ninjastar;12815439]It is well built, but I think the hardiest thing would be is taking the jeep to get an alignment with all these adjustable parts.[/QUOTE]



PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2012, 02:30 AM   #6887
ninjastar
Registered User
1993 ZJ 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Carson,CA
Posts: 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
QUOTE=ninjastar;12815439]It is well built, but I think the hardiest thing would be is taking the jeep to get an alignment with all these adjustable parts.
[/QUOTE]


ninjastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2012, 05:40 AM   #6888
Blackspike85
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Western NJ
Posts: 299
Took the cladding off my jeep and started grinding off all the little tabs. I see a satin black paint job in the near future !
__________________
1995 ZJ Limited 4.0 Bored Throttle Body, High Flow Cat, Thrush Welded Muffler, V8 Tail Pipe, Cobra 25 CB, 4' FireStik Antenna
Blackspike85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2012, 05:45 AM   #6889
JamboM3
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maidenhead, Berkshire
Posts: 19
Cleaned it, filled up with some of Tesco's finest 99ron petrol and drove it
JamboM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2012, 06:24 AM   #6890
ejschultz
Web Wheeler
 
ejschultz's Avatar
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Crown Point, Indiana
Posts: 3,134
@ninjastar

I just ordered that same IRO kit, I believe. The benchmark kit, right? If you didn't check the box for new rear coils for $99.99, you need to use your stock fronts on the rear. I went ahead and got new rear coils as well. I also ordered the HD rear trackbar because I've heard bad things about breaking off the trackbar bracket while wheeling. Also, for the front shocks, I believe if the nut up top keeps spinning, you're compressing the bushing. I don't know for sure, but I had that happen when I was putting my BB in. The nuts kept spinning so I kinda just left them that way. I check them every couple thousand miles and they don't come up at all. I think that's just how they are... Correct me if I'm wrong or if I messed something up when I did that. I'd love to get it right when I put in my new lift.
__________________
97 ZJ - 5.2L, 242, 4" IRO lift w/short arms & adj. TBs, JKS Discos/BPEs, DT3000s, Aussie'd 44A, sliders, OEM skids/hooks/hitch, 31" Duratracs on 15x8s
14 JKU Sport S - Stock
Build
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2012, 06:54 AM   #6891
indylodown
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Owensville IN, IN
Posts: 217
Quote:
I just ordered that same IRO kit, I believe. The benchmark kit, right?
That is the kit that I put on my jeep about 2 months ago, and so far no issues at all, and yes I moved the front springs to the rear.

and just cause I felt like posting a pic, here it is with 3.5 inch lift and 32x11.5 Courser M/T's
indylodown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2012, 07:51 AM   #6892
ejschultz
Web Wheeler
 
ejschultz's Avatar
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Crown Point, Indiana
Posts: 3,134
Do you rub at all with the 32s? I'm probably going to eventually do 265/70/16s on mine which are pretty much 31x10.5.

EDIT: Did you just get the benchmark lift? Did you order any upgrades along with it? I upped the shocks to the Nitros, got the JKS discos, JKS barpin eliminators, the HD rear trackbar like I said already, the new rear springs again like I said, the HD steering stabilizer, and of course, boots for the shocks and stabilizer. How does it ride with the stock arms? I did really want to get a full set of fixed arms for it too but I don't really have the means of dropping another $400 on top of what I already spent.
__________________
97 ZJ - 5.2L, 242, 4" IRO lift w/short arms & adj. TBs, JKS Discos/BPEs, DT3000s, Aussie'd 44A, sliders, OEM skids/hooks/hitch, 31" Duratracs on 15x8s
14 JKU Sport S - Stock
Build
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2012, 08:29 AM   #6893
indylodown
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Owensville IN, IN
Posts: 217
just went with the basic kit and of course shocks (and boots) also did the steering stablizer. Everything else is stock and it rides fine. It only rubs in one place on the right front of the bumper that is only at full turn and backing out of the driveway at an angle (the driveway goes downhill a bit). I'm thinking of trimming the bumper.
indylodown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2012, 11:26 AM   #6894
Freestyle713
Registered User
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: , CT
Posts: 2,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by indylodown View Post
just went with the basic kit and of course shocks (and boots) also did the steering stablizer. Everything else is stock and it rides fine. It only rubs in one place on the right front of the bumper that is only at full turn and backing out of the driveway at an angle (the driveway goes downhill a bit). I'm thinking of trimming the bumper.
Do yourself a favor and take the boots off. If you do any wheeling, dirt and crap will get in there and ruin the shock.
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2012, 12:22 PM   #6895
ninjastar
Registered User
1993 ZJ 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Carson,CA
Posts: 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
@ninjastar

I just ordered that same IRO kit, I believe. The benchmark kit, right? If you didn't check the box for new rear coils for $99.99, you need to use your stock fronts on the rear. I went ahead and got new rear coils as well. I also ordered the HD rear trackbar because I've heard bad things about breaking off the trackbar bracket while wheeling. Also, for the front shocks, I believe if the nut up top keeps spinning, you're compressing the bushing. I don't know for sure, but I had that happen when I was putting my BB in. The nuts kept spinning so I kinda just left them that way. I check them every couple thousand miles and they don't come up at all. I think that's just how they are... Correct me if I'm wrong or if I messed something up when I did that. I'd love to get it right when I put in my new lift.
Ya i Upgraded to rear coils, quick disconnects, and no shocks because I went with kolak and got 5100s for the front and 5125 for the rear. Still debating on getting the jks or the iro rear track bar.



Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
Do you rub at all with the 32s? I'm probably going to eventually do 265/70/16s on mine which are pretty much 31x10.5.

EDIT: Did you just get the benchmark lift? Did you order any upgrades along with it? I upped the shocks to the Nitros, got the JKS discos, JKS barpin eliminators, the HD rear trackbar like I said already, the new rear springs again like I said, the HD steering stabilizer, and of course, boots for the shocks and stabilizer. How does it ride with the stock arms? I did really want to get a full set of fixed arms for it too but I don't really have the means of dropping another $400 on top of what I already spent.
Ya I went with that kit and got those upgrades I said on top. Havent took it out yet to test drive but in a couple hours Ill find out.
ninjastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2012, 01:26 PM   #6896
indylodown
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Owensville IN, IN
Posts: 217
well kinda bummed the header I went after turned out to be the stock manifold, seller didnt have it listed as original. On the plus side of the morning I got the jeep sprayed off and cleaned up and took a nice ride.
indylodown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2012, 02:55 PM   #6897
ejschultz
Web Wheeler
 
ejschultz's Avatar
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Crown Point, Indiana
Posts: 3,134
I won't worry about 31s rubbing then. Since it was brought up, I want to know everyone's opinions on shock boots.
__________________
97 ZJ - 5.2L, 242, 4" IRO lift w/short arms & adj. TBs, JKS Discos/BPEs, DT3000s, Aussie'd 44A, sliders, OEM skids/hooks/hitch, 31" Duratracs on 15x8s
14 JKU Sport S - Stock
Build
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2012, 02:59 PM   #6898
johnridesjeeps
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sunnyvale, California
Posts: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz
I won't worry about 31s rubbing then. Since it was brought up, I want to know everyone's opinions on shock boots.
They can trap mud, dirt and small rocks in a damaged boot. My tj I never ran a boot and all was good.

On topic I drove it to work and thought about washing her. But I'm lazy. I also need to order shocks from kolak.
johnridesjeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2012, 03:04 PM   #6899
aircruiser
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: minnesota
Posts: 9,694
Should be going in sometime this week to have the electrical wired in so I can legally tow my trailer. Might have a job offer an hour away but I would be getting 3x the pay, full benefits and dental coverage plus way higher bonus checks which means more money for the Jeep, or get my dream truck and possibly keep the Jeep. Not sure yet but either way, need to get the Jeep running right so I can stop putting money into it and get a house.
__________________
1996 XJ on 36" TSLs, 4", locked F/R, stretched
aircruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2012, 03:46 PM   #6900
pincheburro956
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Brownsville, Tx
Posts: 950
replaced the water pump. also, broke the power steering bracket from my 5.2. anyone know where i can get one, not like the cheap OE type. maybe a steel or aluminum one.....
__________________
"Not a single **** shall be given."

99 WJ, 2" BB, 245/75/16 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS.
pincheburro956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
door latch
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.