What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 459 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 01-08-2012, 01:14 AM   #6871
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by csouers View Post
You have the RH.
Yes. 46rh. A strong trans. Mine took all I threw at it and still ran strong at 225k.

PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2012, 01:17 AM   #6872
ninjastar
1993 ZJ 

Well for some reason it feels like it keeps spinning while I try to tighten it down. At the moment the nut sits flush with the stud. As for my tires Im running 31s so do you think I would need them?
ninjastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2012, 01:18 AM   #6873
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjastar View Post
Was very disappointed today. I received 2 of the 3 shippments from kolak and iro yesterday and the last shippment today. I was hopeing to come home from work to fully install my lift, but when I opened the box it was just the front coils and no rear coils. So I emailed iro and still waiting on their response. After that I just said f it and install everything till they ship me my rear coils.

So its now 7pm and its dark outside so I get my 2 flood lights and tools and got to working on it. Everything was easy to take out but the track bar bracket, took me 1hr to take it out. And while I was installing it, I let the axles drop as low as the can and even pushed it down with my feet and it looks like my brake lines still have enough play in them. Now the only question is do I need extened bump stops and or how did everyone install their bilstein shocks because I cant seem to tighten it down unless I use an allen wrench and a regular wrench to tighten it down(Fronts that is).
It will never cease to annoy me when people trash talk their suppliers without contacting them first. I under stand not being patient but keep you stupid comments to yourself. Your products are on the way as fast as they can get them to you you big baby. Boo freaking hoo. I put my track bar on today in under and hour with caveman tools. Deal with it.

I will add that I have no respect for people who gripe about their suppliers before they talk to them and post it here first just to complain. It should demand some kind of penalty. Like their name appears in pink for one month. Or they are flagged as whiners. Especially over the weekend. Who the hell works on the weekend. Wait and be patient.
Unread 01-08-2012, 01:18 AM   #6874
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah theres a bolt that goes through on the mount, you need a wrench on that bolt too, the lock washer wont hold the bolt head until it's really tight. You have the bilstiens that require the IRO conversion kit for the shocks right?

And you shouldnt need extended bumpstops for 31s if you are at 3.5"
Unread 01-08-2012, 01:23 AM   #6875
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
Yeah theres a bolt that goes through on the mount, you need a wrench on that bolt too, the lock washer wont hold the bolt head until it's really tight. You have the bilstiens that require the IRO conversion kit for the shocks right?

For the front shock with the IRO kit, do they require some special tool to tighten then down? Or is it like every other shock you put on in the front where the top nut spins as you twist the bottom? This guy asks more questions than a 2 year old. Get a manual and do your own research. Everything you need to know about what you ask is already online since (forgive me for saying this) Jeepsunlimted. It's all there and all here. Sorry if I'm being harsh bet it's the truth.
Unread 01-08-2012, 01:41 AM   #6876
ninjastar
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
It will never cease to annoy me when people trash talk their suppliers without contacting them first. I under stand not being patient but keep you stupid comments to yourself. Your products are on the way as fast as they can get them to you you big baby. Boo freaking hoo. I put my track bar on today in under and hour with caveman tools. Deal with it.
First off, I didnt even bash on them. Second thing, I said I was disappointed and not towards them. And third, their is no other product on the way because only 2 boxes were shipped from them in which everything was including(except the rear coils), and even the jks dissconnects in which I also special ordered from them through the kit.

And so what you were able to put your track bar in less than an hour with caveman tools, not all jeeps are the same. Some people rub with 31s and some people dont. Some people have rust on their nuts and bolts and some people dont.

Not to be rude or anything but it seems like your the trash talker here. So lets end it at that because I did not want to imply anything of that sort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post

Nopes I have have the 5100s in the front and the 5125 in the rear. Kolak suggested the setup so I went with it. He also told me if I went with the 5150s I would have to get the converstion kit.

Reason why Im thinking that on the shocks is that when I removed my old shocks (monroe reflexes), I had to hold the shock to remove the bolt. So im thinking the same process has to happen with the bilstein, unless Im wrong.
Unread 01-08-2012, 01:45 AM   #6877
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjastar View Post
First off, I didnt even bash on them. Second thing, I said I was disappointed and not towards them. And third, their is no other product on the way because only 2 boxes were shipped from them in which everything was including(except the rear coils), and even the jks dissconnects in which I also special ordered from them through the kit.

And so what you were able to put your track bar in less than an hour with caveman tools, not all jeeps are the same. Some people rub with 31s and some people dont. Some people have rust on their nuts and bolts and some people dont.

Not to be rude or anything but it seems like your the trash talker here. So lets end it at that because I did not want to imply anything of that sort.
Also you are one of those people that don't try to figure it out on your own at all before you play 20 questions. Just deal with it. Don't post how unhappy you are about your suppliers before you take it up with them first. If you don't like that you didn't get something in tha mail then this is the wrong place to talk about it. End of story. Need not reply.

Nopes I have have the 5100s in the front and the 5125 in the rear. Kolak suggested the setup so I went with it. He also told me if I went with the 5150s I would have to get the converstion kit.

Reason why Im thinking that on the shocks is that when I removed my old shocks (monroe reflexes), I had to hold the shock to remove the bolt. So im thinking the same process has to happen with the bilstein, unless Im wrong.
Why in the hell did you post it three times then you dolt? You are completely out of line. Just shut up and wait for your parts. There is no need to post the same thing 3 times in three different threads. You are a nut. If you are unhappy with the speed at which your product has arrived then take it up with them. Don't post it 3 times on 3 different threads. This is not the place for that. I am not trash talking, I am calling you out.
Unread 01-08-2012, 01:54 AM   #6878
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjastar

Just a thought, are you sure your lift isn't supposed to use your factory front springs in the rear. They will give you 3.5 in. I would swap them, then when you get it figured out with iro you'll either be done, or just have to swap rear coils.
94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
badbird17x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2012, 01:57 AM   #6879
biebs53
1998 ZJ 

Youre both being little *****es about it. Leave it where it is, this isn't the thread to fight about

On topic: I shortened my rear track bar 2 turns which i believe is perfectly centered now. We'll see though

Build thread: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-raven-biebs53-build-thread-1215245/[/FONT][/url][/CENTER]
biebs53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2012, 01:58 AM   #6880
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

And I run 31s on a sagged 3 in bb with 4 in bs, and no bumpstops at all. If you have factory bumps, and a sway bar I'm 99% sure you'll be fine.
94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
badbird17x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2012, 02:09 AM   #6881
ninjastar
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Why in the hell did you post it three times then you dolt? You are completely out of line. Just shut up and wait for your parts. There is no need to post the same thing 3 times in three different threads. You are a nut. If you are unhappy with the speed at which your product has arrived then take it up with them. Don't post it 3 times on 3 different threads. This is not the place for that. I am not trash talking, I am calling you out.

Call me out as much as you want. I ask all these question and in the end I end up doing whats the best and whats advise. And now your just saying things that I didnt even say. Call me out and flame me as much as you want.

You know what. I DONT CARE.............three times

BTT:Front coils, shocks, jks diconnects, track bar, track bar bracket installed and going to finish the rest tommorow.
Unread 01-08-2012, 02:15 AM   #6882
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

IRO double sheer is worth the money. Figuring out how to tighten what used to be the flag nut at the axle end was the hardest part. Improvised tools are needed.
Unread 01-08-2012, 02:18 AM   #6883
ninjastar
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbird17x View Post
Just a thought, are you sure your lift isn't supposed to use your factory front springs in the rear. They will give you 3.5 in. I would swap them, then when you get it figured out with iro you'll either be done, or just have to swap rear coils.
I was thinking the same thing till i remebered that I wanted to get all new coils. So I checked my invoice just to be sure. I just didnt want to have a bad coil so might as well replace them all. Ya Im do the swap till things get figured out.

P.S. Today Jan. 8 2012 from 6pm-9pm is freinds and family night at SEARS so everything is discounted on top of sales and clearence. All I remeber for discounts is that all tools are 10% off and clothes are 20%off.
Unread 01-08-2012, 02:19 AM   #6884
Glued2aPost
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbird17x

X2

I think I was shopping for the same kit before I got married and became the sole bread winner in my lil family. There was a note with the picture of the kit that the factory front springs were used in the rear with the lift.
Unread 01-08-2012, 02:21 AM   #6885
ninjastar
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
IRO double sheer is worth the money. Figuring out how to tighten what used to be the flag nut at the axle end was the hardest part. Improvised tools are needed.
It is well built, but I think the hardiest thing would be is taking the jeep to get an alignment with all these adjustable parts.

Tags
door latch

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.