What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 442 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 01-02-2012, 01:00 AM   #6616
csouers
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stblack97ZJ View Post
just make sure your entire tread stays flat on the ground. Use some chalk to test, and find the sweet spot.
Someone's late to the party.

I've done a bunch of crap over the past few days. Large update post here >> http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/1...l#post12778311

My Photography
csouers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2012, 01:10 AM   #6617
MilanJeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebody5788 View Post
Foaming in the dif's would usually be from under filling or water getting in.

Lucas Engine oil additives and Transmission additives are pretty much the best on the market??? However they are typically a last ditch effort to get another 10,000 miles out of an engine or transmission before doing some bigger repairs. But for that they work quite well, in a 200,000 mile engine I think it can only really help it to use the oil stabilizer lol.
Pretty much every person on bob is the oil guy forums would disagree with you about Lucas products being good in any regard, especially the oil stabilizer.

Milan
MilanJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2012, 01:37 AM   #6618
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Replaced my sway bar links with parts from lowes because the drivers side was all bent to heck. My axle sway mount was bent too. Had to hammer it back with a sledge. All of this because my axle is a tad off center which caused my addco sway bar to get caught up on my track bar bracket. I have a IRO double sheer waiting to go on this week to fix this. Live and learn.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2012, 08:01 AM   #6619
pincheburro956
1999 WJ 

seafoamed it a couple of days ago.

99 WJ, 2" BB, 245/75/16 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS.
pincheburro956 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2012, 08:07 AM   #6620
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanJeep View Post
Pretty much every person on bob is the oil guy forums would disagree with you about Lucas products being good in any regard, especially the oil stabilizer.
We have a winner! Their stuff isn't all bad, but most of it isn't all that good either. The oil stabilizer has a use, but only in an engine that is already overdue for a rebuild and being limped along for an extra few thousand miles.
comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2012, 08:14 AM   #6621
pincheburro956
1999 WJ 

did this a couple of days ago also.
http://youtu.be/0fBPeuCHpA4

edit: no lockers, and thats my 15 yr old neighbor driving. As you can see, we have no hills to climb or rocks to crawl over here in south texas. Had to get him to dig some trenches in order to have fun.. (tired of "mudding" all the time)

99 WJ, 2" BB, 245/75/16 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS.
pincheburro956 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2012, 08:23 AM   #6622
N3KRV
1995 ZJ 

Well what I did to my Jeep in teh last few days, Christmas Eve I had to go and pick up a small upright freezer,it was drizzling a little turned my wipers on and oh man they went up and woudl NOT finish wiping the windshield they were stuck about 2 minutes later they started workign again then they would stick I got to the thrift store and loaded the freezer in my jeeep and as I got in it started pouring down rain, turned the wipers on and they worked till I got out of the parking lot then stopped waited at teh stop light they started, I said well hell what a time for the wiper motor to go bad, I got home safely day after Christmas I went to my local pick and pull and got another full wiper assmbly paid 29.00 for it came home pulled the old one off cleaned all the old crud off under the coweling, put the new wiper assmbly on and put the wiper arms on correctly, (the previous owner had them way off they were about 3 inches form where they should be) tested the wipers and they work the way they should I was a happy camper now I had good wipers again, untill I opend the passenger side and leand down to pick up my 2 meter amp off the floor to put better mounting tape on it and found I had an inch of water in the floorboard pan! my first thought oh hell whats leaking now my heater core?? I felt the water it wasn't greasy and it didn't have a greeish color to it and smelled like standing sirty water, wellI thought the weatehr stripping was bad so I went BACK to my pick and pay and got the left and right weather stripping and replaced that and while I was out I picked up a cheap 1 gallon auto wet/dry vac, vacumed up a half gallon of water, came home went online and found out that the GC's have a problem with clogging overflow drains for the evap condenser drain, so now I have to find the drain and unglog it and get the carpet dry if possable darn it. all, I also replaced the uper ideler pully and now have to replace the lower one as well, but while I was at the pick and pay I saw a nice set of leatehr power seats and leather rear seats and I jsut wish I had the extra money to get them, for all the leatehr seats they wanted 80.00 for them for the complete set and they woud have matched my interiel too darn it, oh well i'm hoping that the jeep is still there next month so I can get them..
and Happy New Year everyone
N3KRV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2012, 09:20 AM   #6623
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

did some new years day wheelin and lended a line to a friend

i climbed the water fall for the first time after several failed attempts in the past felt proud of the zj (no pic)

Last edited by squazz; 01-02-2012 at 02:12 PM.. Reason: polka was right i read it wrong
squazz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2012, 12:49 PM   #6624
Goliath27
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyn0mitemat View Post
That's what I always did was run high until I got my mtr's and wore one out in like 1k miles because of it, chalked 'em up and saw it was way high, replaced those tires (another was getting bad too) and have about 10k on them now with what looks like no wear on the tread
will do, 2 are almost new and the other two(fronts) have about 10k on them. So I will make it last as long as possible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stblack97ZJ View Post
just make sure your entire tread stays flat on the ground. Use some chalk to test, and find the sweet spot.
Got it, chalk across the top, and if it doesn't all wear off..... lower the preasure till it does!
Goliath27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2012, 01:06 PM   #6625
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Oh, I'm keeping the addco. I am replacing the track bar with an IRO adj one so the sway bar won't rub or get caught on the bracket and the axles will be centered. Sorry for the confusion. If anyone is wondering if the addco is worth it or not, they are. Night and day difference. I only got the front because I still like to have flex in the back without having to disco it. I got it from www.kolak@aol.com
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2012, 01:59 PM   #6626
somebody5788
1994 ZJ 

So am I stupid to think I can spool a Holset HX35 on a 4.0l engine? I feel like I can after seeing the results the DSM guys get with only 2.0l of displacement. They push 25+ PSI at 3200 RPM, don't see why the 4.0l can't push 5-8 at around 2000-2200.
Unread 01-02-2012, 02:01 PM   #6627
Bkuprionas
1997 ZJ 

Put on a glasspacked out of pure boredom. That's what happens when they cut everyone's hours.
Bkuprionas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2012, 02:22 PM   #6628
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

I swapped my front lower control arms today. The cam bolt on the driver side was a little more than a b*tch to get out. After spraying it and heating it, it was out after about 40 minutes. By far, that was the worst part. The bushings were completely shot. They were all ripped apart on the axle side and pretty dry rotted on the body side. The ride is a lot less clunky now, but I still need to do the uppers.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2012, 03:55 PM   #6629
bigbill888
1996 ZJ 

Disassemble and repair rear windshield wiper motor.
All work well
bigbill888 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2012, 05:02 PM   #6630
torchd
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbill888 View Post
Disassemble and repair rear windshield wiper motor.
by the time you take the rear wiper arm off, take the rear trim apart, unbolt the motor, take that apart, inspect and do what you need to do, you could have bought a new one and bolted it up and been done with it

[b][color=red]2002 Trans Am[/b][/color]
Cam, Full Exhaust, Stock Heads, Stock LS6 Intake and Stock 10 bolt with 3.42s
[b]420 RWHP and 382 RWHTQ[/b]
torchd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.