What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 439 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 12-30-2011, 09:44 PM   #6571
Cameleer
1998 ZJ 

Picked up my items from the painters today.
Got the bumper fascia put back on after having to do a little trimming to clear my grille guard reinforcement modifications, also had to tack weld my tow hook bolts in place so that I could remove the hooks and reinstall them after the bumper fascia was back on.

Tomorrow will be installing the freshly painted hood vent after repairing 2 bolt holes on and installing the new auto dimming drivers side mirror.
Also if I have time, replace the rear motor mount and fix the TC linkage.

Unread 12-30-2011, 09:49 PM   #6572
extrememarine
1994 ZJ 

Drove about 15 miles on battery after alternator puked on the way to work. Replaced said alternator in the parking lot at work - luckily had tools in the back for planned trip to pick'n'pull.

Got 8 Bosch 703 (4) hole fuel injectors at the pick'n'pull along with a TB to smooth and polish.

Extrememarine
extrememarine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2011, 04:26 AM   #6573
Glued2aPost
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmoll View Post
how's the winter in alaska going my friend?
Not bad. I drive over 100 miles per day going to and from work on the one road in and out of town. It's usually icy and my lower control arm bushings are nearly gone which makes steering vague and mysterious. It's only dangerous when I really think about it. Studded winter tires (M+S...but now mountain snowflake symbol ) helped a lot; on the A/T tires it was suicidal.

I have no fear of getting stuck until the snow is more than a foot deep, then low range will get me through about another 6" before the snow just gets too compacted under the body and brings things to a stop. Like when my wife ran off the road the other day... I've got shovels, bags of kitty litter (ran out of traction sand), straps, and gloves to get myself or others unstuck.

Now I just need to fix the driver's side heated seat. And the high beam switch. And the lower control arms. And the sunroof relay. And the cruis control light.... I love jeeps
Unread 12-31-2011, 05:34 AM   #6574
torchd
1998 ZJ 

I wish it would snow in Illinois so that I can try out my DuraTracs!!!

Ohhhhhh yeah UCA/LCA are shot as well

[b][color=red]2002 Trans Am[/b][/color]
Cam, Full Exhaust, Stock Heads, Stock LS6 Intake and Stock 10 bolt with 3.42s
[b]420 RWHP and 382 RWHTQ[/b]
torchd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2011, 09:55 AM   #6575
Yardman Harry
O

1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glued2aPost View Post
Not bad. I drive over 100 miles per day going to and from work on the one road in and out of town. It's usually icy and my lower control arm bushings are nearly gone which makes steering vague and mysterious. It's only dangerous when I really think about it. Studded winter tires (M+S...but now mountain snowflake symbol ) helped a lot; on the A/T tires it was suicidal.

I have no fear of getting stuck until the snow is more than a foot deep, then low range will get me through about another 6" before the snow just gets too compacted under the body and brings things to a stop. Like when my wife ran off the road the other day... I've got shovels, bags of kitty litter (ran out of traction sand), straps, and gloves to get myself or others unstuck.

Now I just need to fix the driver's side heated seat. And the high beam switch. And the lower control arms. And the sunroof relay. And the cruis control light.... I love jeeps
I am pretty envious... My wife and I have been wanting to live in alaska for quite some time. you will have to post up some pictures or something...

On topic, put in a new 150amp alt. from Kolak, now I can be at idle with my lights on, blower motor, and turn my offroad lights on and the voltage stays at 14. WOOOHOOO!

1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Ed. I6 - 4.0 litre, 4" SL, D44 rear, 4:56 Gears, AA SYE with double cardon custom rear Drive Shaft, IRO Adj CAs, Kevins Rear Adj TB with JOHNNY JOINT end

1999 Mazda Miata MX5 - Jet Black

1990 Jeep Cherokee Sport I6 - 4.0 litre
White
~Junked~
Yardman Harry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2011, 10:32 AM   #6576
torchd
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by extrememarine View Post
Drove about 15 miles on battery after alternator puked on the way to work. Replaced said alternator in the parking lot at work - luckily had tools in the back for planned trip to pick'n'pull.

Got 8 Bosch 703 (4) hole fuel injectors at the pick'n'pull along with a TB to smooth and polish.

I need to hity up my JY to find some of those injectors and a 99+ intake, and am APN header

Unread 12-31-2011, 11:18 AM   #6577
indylodown
1997 ZJ 

showing the progress

stock

after the 3.5 inch IRO lift

3.5 inch IRO lift and 32x11.5 Mastercraft Courser M/T's

we are getting a little rub on the right front corner of the bumper, figured we expected this. Looking to do some trimming but what would be the best tool to cut the bumper. I was thinking maybe a cutoff wheel but was concerned about melting and everything balling up. Any suggestions??
indylodown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2011, 11:23 AM   #6578
98zjkidd
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by indylodown
showing the progress

stock

after the 3.5 inch IRO lift

we are getting a little rub on the right front corner of the bumper, figured we expected this. Looking to do some trimming but what would be the best tool to cut the bumper. I was thinking maybe a cutoff wheel but was concerned about melting and everything balling up. Any suggestions??
When I trimmed mine I used a sawzall and went across the bottom line of the bumper.
98zjkidd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2011, 11:25 AM   #6579
torchd
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by indylodown View Post
showing the progress

You need new wheels ASAP!!!

I used an angle grinder to trim my front bumper for my 31s

I wish I would have gone with a 3.5" instead of my 2" BB lift

Unread 12-31-2011, 11:58 AM   #6580
indylodown
1997 ZJ 

torchd - wheels are next in line, the kid has his eyes on a blk ION

it will be a few weeks unless he can get somebody to buy his drumset

zjkidd - that is probably where we are going to end up cutting also, nice straight line as a guide. did you do it with the bumper on or did you take it off?
indylodown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2011, 02:44 PM   #6581
98zjkidd
1998 ZJ 

I did it with it off only bc I was putting my 4" zone lift and kor radiator tow point and was easier with it off
98zjkidd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2011, 03:34 PM   #6582
torchd
1998 ZJ 

So as some as you know, I just recently bought a Curt trailer hitch off of Craigslist for $50 Retail I've seen them go Fro $200... So not to shabby.

So before I even wanted to start to bolt up the hitch, I one week ago started hitting the studs on the fram in the rear with PB Blaster. I soaked them for about a week or so and today fianlly decided to take the old nuts off the studs. Let me tell ya, I'm glad I soaked them.. Those bolts with the studs were pratically fused togetger.. In order to break them lose, I had to tighten them is hard and as much as I could, them loosen them to break them free.. Once I did that, I could only loosen them a certain amount, spray with PB Blaster then tighten again. I repeated those steps a million times, each stud took me about 10 mins to get the bolt off. Thank god it was only on the drivers side fram rail, the passenger side frame rail, the nuts for the studs were missing.

As I was doing the drivers side I was really paying attention and it looked different from the passenger side, well that's bc the drivers side had part of a hitch mount connected to the frame rail. PO must have cut it off or soemthing?

So after I got all the nuts off and 1 bolt off, I cleaned the studs with PB blaster, cleaned them with a hard wire toothbrush and scrubbed them real good. After that I made sure they were clean again and I coated the studs on the drivers/passenger side with anti-seize for now.. I guess to prevent more rust.

Those of you with trailer hitches, when you bolted up your hitch, did you put locktite on the bolts and studs, or did you jsut put anti-seize on them?

Now all I need to do is pick up some hardware and bolt up the new hitch

Here are some pics..

All cleaned up and ready to go

Unread 12-31-2011, 03:39 PM   #6583
torchd
1998 ZJ 

Where can I pick up this plug for the hitch?

Unread 12-31-2011, 03:43 PM   #6584
RedneckZJ
1996 ZJ 

you can get it pretty much anywhere that sells the plugs, they sell the plug and the mount for it
You drive a tj, we drive a zj. We have more power while you get more shower. We get the v8 while you get there too late. You have 2 doors well, we have 2 more. Ours costs a grand while yours has a price we cant stand.
RedneckZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2011, 03:44 PM   #6585
RedneckZJ
1996 ZJ 

yesterday new motor mounts and found my radiator leaking. today went to pull a part and every v8 zj was missing the radiator except one, but that one was beat to hell
You drive a tj, we drive a zj. We have more power while you get more shower. We get the v8 while you get there too late. You have 2 doors well, we have 2 more. Ours costs a grand while yours has a price we cant stand.
RedneckZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.