Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#8,481 ·
on the 93 i changed the rear brakes and discovered

rear passenger upper control arm

rear driver lower control arm

order lower replacement from IRO the other day and ordered upper replacements from Advance Auto today they crossed the part number so i hope they work both expected to be here Thursday and then wheelin saturday

also found a local niner
Those look like they have been fairly active:D. Do you think that the mounts are bent out of shape? The bushings look thrashed. Buy the niner we can be triplets with Candyman.

#8,484 ·
Yesterday I installed a new governor pressure switch and solenoid along with the new updated harness with the TCC lock up solenoid and OD solenoid and went ahead and installed a SK® Trod Jr shift kit which helps prevents OD plant failure, soft shifts, torque converter drain back, lockup shudder, and vent/side seal leaks best $35 I've ever spent took about 5 hours to do it all and yes your have to remove the valve body

#8,486 ·
How much movement does the tranny mount need? I'm going to be fabbing up a new front crossmember here soon and think the trans mount may need replaced. I have a bushing kit here from doing leafsprings with leftover bushings and they're the slightly harder poly performance ones. Would replacing the one I have now with that rattle my teeth loose or would I be ok?

#8,487 ·
Dyn0mitemat said:
How much movement does the tranny mount need? I'm going to be fabbing up a new front crossmember here soon and think the trans mount may need replaced. I have a bushing kit here from doing leafsprings with leftover bushings and they're the slightly harder poly performance ones. Would replacing the one I have now with that rattle my teeth loose or would I be ok?
I wouldn't. I've always left the trans mount rubber unless the engine has solid mounts, then I've run poly. The old timers taught me this, If your trans mount doesn't give enough to take the slack that your engine mounts have you can easily break a transmission case.

#8,488 ·
I wouldn't. I've always left the trans mount rubber unless the engine has solid mounts, then I've run poly. The old timers taught me this, If your trans mount doesn't give enough to take the slack that your engine mounts have you can easily break a transmission case.
^x2, ive seen ford trucks break the whole tranny case and flip upside down under the truck. stay rubber.

#8,490 ·

Beautiful day for some quarry riding / wall climb / flexing.... BUT fresh lift = stiff coils = little flex xD

#8,493 ·
put the driver window back on track and rtv siliconed it in place

#8,494 ·
Picked up a cargo cover, bumper cover (to be painted black), a limited heat control panel, a light control panel with fog light controls, and fog lights from the junkyard.

Now to go paint my new bumper cover.

#8,498 ·
dsodko said:
I put a set (6) E3 spark plugs in my 1994. Hope the MPG increases !!!!!
Let us know how it goes. HorsePower tv swears by them....

#8,500 ·
Before and after. So give ne your thoughts. Thinking of painting it black to match wheels.
Paint it black. I painted that part of my hatch black and it looks good. And why is your Jeep emblem on the wrong side?