Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#8,383 ·
Got into this, How I love ball joints. Autozone gave me the wrong upper so now I think I've decided to go with Advance auto instead.. TRW.. would go for moog but. I dont have much money right at the moment. off to the parts store in the a.m.

:)

Attachments

#8,386 ·
Yea, been there done that. Go in water past the rockers and risk it getting into the breather at the top of the trans. Check your diff fluid too.
I know I've got a breather tube up under the hood. I thought it was for my transmission. I'm going to check a little more tomorrow as when I got home the storm hit us here in FL. Actually got to drive in it. It was pretty bad but outran it and got home before it started here.

#8,388 ·
I've been out getting my jeep dirty the past couple of weeks, spent a week at The King of The Hammers event, that was an amazing event, well worth going to!
Here's a photo of my niner out there, you can see I got the tail light brush guards installed.

The dust was so bad at times you could only see 50 feet.
Took 3 days to clean my niner inside and out, also back flushed my heater core and it works now.
The only thing not working now in this niner is the driver side heated seat.

#8,389 ·
#8,390 ·
I've been out getting my jeep dirty the past couple of weeks, spent a week at The King of The Hammers event, that was an amazing event, well worth going to!
Here's a photo of my niner out there, you can see I got the tail light brush guards installed.

The dust was so bad at times you could only see 50 feet.
Took 3 days to clean my niner inside and out, also back flushed my heater core and it works now.
The only thing not working now in this niner is the driver side heated seat.

WHERE did you get those tailight guards?

#8,392 ·
You're right down 30 from me. Kinda. It's a pretty good distance. I'm pretty much considered Chicagoland where I'm at. I can get to downtown Chicago in a half hour if traffic is decent. I've been seeing more and more lifted ZJs in my area as of lately too. I wonder if anyone is on here?
I'm about 10-15 miles west off downtown Chicago. You're not far from me at all either

#8,394 ·
Started digging out my zj today to get ready for the long arm install, tomorrow I'm picking up a set of all 4 tube doors for $250, was supposed to go today but couldn't find a drive haha

#8,396 ·
TurboTPI said:
I can throw a tennis ball at airplanes landing at o'hare. Lol. So I'm pretty close too.
I feel like that is illegal in some way or another haha

#8,399 ·
Finished my offroad lights in front of my grille, and listened to the weird bubbling behind my dash. Filled coolant and bought a new rad cap.

#8,400 ·
That sucks. That's why my zj is now a 5 speed :rtft:
Mine would be if my wife knew how to drive a 5speed. It's actually OK that it did it cause it was slightly slipping between 1st and 2nd and 3rd before the water got in it. I checked a little better this morning and there's really not that much in it. I checked my axles and they both have breather tubing that runs up high so I'm pretty sure no water got in there.