What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 419 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 12-17-2011, 12:15 PM   #6271
ZMan1314
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameleer View Post
Been there done that.
I spent far too much money trying some of those nice look headlights from eBay.
Both types had very bad light patterns, where hard to pop the holding mounts into place (broke of my mounts) and one had water leaking into it. Now I'm back to using the stock ones, they don't look as nice but pop right in, are bright and have a good light pattern.
[IM G]http://indiavrtours.com/jeep/headlights.jpg[/IMG]
I think if you had driven mine before I got these ebay specials, you'd agree that these are way better. I'm not really worried about it. Leaks, when they happen, can be fixed. The bulbs themselves also make a difference in light pattern.

ZMan1314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2011, 02:40 PM   #6272
Airborn
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by indylodown View Post
I'm looking at the same setup. I may go with the smoked markers and corners thou. You can find them if you search dotcomracing is the seller. The run about $90 and $30 shipping

Airborn - How was the install? What kind lights are you burning? What is the light pattern like? and is there any issue seeing the corners and markers?
They installed just like stock would. I used the stock clips though because the new ones looked a little flimbsy to me. I have some purple/white xenon bulbs that im using. The light pattern is far more better than the stock ones. The dims were almost as bright as my stock highs. And no there is no issue seeing the corners/markers. They actually just show up as a bulb pattern of light because the corners/bumpers dont have that many mirrors, but in the dark you cant tell this because this is when the mirrors do their job. Overall i like them.
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L : 172,xxx miles, IRO 3.5" F>R lift, IRO Adjustable Control Arms, IRO Adjustable Track Bars, 31" Goodyear Wrangler Authority on Cragar V5's, Pavement Pounder until I get out of college :( ...Built Not Bought #650
Spend the Time and the Money the 1st Time, You'll End Up Doing it Anyway.
Airborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2011, 02:43 PM   #6273
Airborn
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMan1314 View Post
I think if you had driven mine before I got these ebay specials, you'd agree that these are way better. I'm not really worried about it. Leaks, when they happen, can be fixed. The bulbs themselves also make a difference in light pattern.
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L : 172,xxx miles, IRO 3.5" F>R lift, IRO Adjustable Control Arms, IRO Adjustable Track Bars, 31" Goodyear Wrangler Authority on Cragar V5's, Pavement Pounder until I get out of college :( ...Built Not Bought #650
Unread 12-17-2011, 03:02 PM   #6274
dmill33ZJ
1996 ZJ 

Today, I made some simple quick disconnects to help with my horrible stock flex... Lift soon to come.
Ill try to post a pic

And here is some flex. All stock.

Unread 12-17-2011, 03:38 PM   #6275
indylodown
1997 ZJ 

Thanks for the thoughts, I think its time to pull the trigger.

Airborn are yours the tinted or smoked?
indylodown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2011, 06:28 PM   #6276
98zjkidd
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameleer
Been there done that.
I spent far too much money trying some of those nice look headlights from eBay.
Both types had very bad light patterns, where hard to pop the holding mounts into place (broke of my mounts) and one had water leaking into it. Now I'm back to using the stock ones, they don't look as nice but pop right in, are bright and have a good light pattern.
Where did u get those clears I'm looking for a nice set to put hids in em but I wanna make sure they won't blind other drivers
98zjkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2011, 07:09 PM   #6277
Cameleer
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMan1314 View Post
When water gets on the inside the cheep chrome will turn black like what you can see on the outside of this one, that was on my jeep for about a month.
And if they aren't DOT approved then they are illegal to use on the street.

The first pair with the chrome on the outside light pattern was so wide and bad that people where flicking their high beams at me even tough I had them aimed down lower that I liked.
The second pair light pattern was so bad I had to drive with my fog lights on.
Unread 12-17-2011, 07:18 PM   #6278
sabzz
1998 ZJ 

Got pissed off at it. Somethings wrong with tranny again I think... >.> Just had a brand new one put in, in September.
Unread 12-17-2011, 07:22 PM   #6279
Cameleer
1998 ZJ 

Gave her some sexy new silver and red trimmed underwear today, it will be much more fun getting under her now!

Pulled and painted the rear d44a differential cover and installed a guard, filled her back up with oil Valvoline 75W-140 full synthetic gear oil and added oil modifier. Did not have time to do the front today.
Look like there may be a clearance problem with the gas tank skid plate if I bottom out my suspension.
Unread 12-17-2011, 07:51 PM   #6280
Airborn
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by indylodown View Post
Thanks for the thoughts, I think its time to pull the trigger.

Airborn are yours the tinted or smoked?
AAAHHH............honestly i am not sure. I cant remember, I want to say tinted.

Also mine weren't chrome on the outside of the headlamp either. They looked exactly like the stock ones.
Unread 12-17-2011, 09:04 PM   #6281
gschris
2004 WJ 

got alot of little things done today, interior lights fixed, replaced the rear door speakers, replaced the liftgate handle, put in a new interior liftgate trim, replaced the support bracket for the 4wd linkage so i will have functioning 4wd again.. also resealed the front diff.. tomorrow wire and install kicker L5 12 inch sub and 325 watt Orion amp.
gschris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2011, 12:41 AM   #6282
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Went to a trail near my house that follows the power lines. At the bottom of a dry river bed 15 feet down and Full of loose gravel I found a Navy vet in his full size diesel Ford spinning tires and stuck for the moment. I suggested that I can back down and yank him out or he can give the skinny pedal hell and see what happens. I can tell you that when I got back to the top of the hill and he decided to rally car it I was excited. Tons of loose flying rocks, screaming turbo, his truck bouncing left and right, with that diesel flying up the hill like a twisting schoolbus! It was pretty awesome. After he got up, I put it in 4lo and crawled right up with no problem. The land had spoken this day and it said JEEP!
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2011, 07:01 AM   #6283
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

Drove it up to the Boston area yesterday. It'll be getting a new passenger front axle shaft and wheel bearing today, and possibly a set of tow hooks.
comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2011, 08:21 AM   #6284
TheMadMike
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Spent 2 hours from 12am to 2am on the side of the highway last night. Driver side axle u-joint threw a cap and destroyed the axle shaft at 65mph. Good thing I was coming back from a friends house with all my tools, jack and jack stands. Took it apart and pulled the drivers side axle shaft out and stuffed a rag in the axle tube. Then drove home. It took forever due to only having a small LED flashlight and it was 30* and windy as hell.
TheMadMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2011, 11:11 AM   #6285
tazerproof
1995 ZJ 

What did I do to my jeep today?..

Bought it! Well, yesterday, actually.

1995 Orvis Edition. I'll be using it mostly as a mall crawler, but I live on 14,000 acres in the Blue Ridge Mountains, so it will see plenty of offroading, too. Nothing too serious, though. Just logging trails and open meadows and stuff.

tazerproof is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.