What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 414 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

** FALL SALE on all Jeep Optic Armor Windshields **Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-Gear

Unread 12-14-2011, 05:22 PM   #6196
caligiuri87
1994 ZJ 

got the turtle headlight restore hing. im gonna take my lights out take the lens off do both inside and out. glue it back and then add some transparent silicone around it so no more water can get it....(leaks a bit) thanks to Christmas cant afford getting new ones but this yellow crap is annoying. so when that's done ill post a pic of before and after. did it before and for 10 bucks its worth it imo. looked at some brighter bulbs only thing in town were silver star 40 bucks for a set. wow hope Santa brings some envelopes lol

Unread 12-14-2011, 06:24 PM   #6197
PurpleZJ
1996 ZJ 

Got it put back together and on all fours. Going on the trailer soon
1996 ZJ- 4.0, [COLOR="Purple"]AX-15 5SPD/NP242[/COLOR], RE 4.5" lift, 36x12.50x16.5 Goodyear military surplus tires, Longarms/Tri-4 link/one ton axle build/swap in progress, arb bumper, a bunch of other goodies
1995 XJ- 4.0 HO, ax-15(stolen for swap), stock
2001 GMC Sonoma-RIP...
2002 GMC Sierra 1500 ECSB-roadtrip/long haul vehicle
[CENTER][COLOR="Blue"]RIP Troy (bigbluezj94) you wont be forgotten[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Purple"]December 2010 GCOTM[/COLOR]

5spd ZJ Club Member 001
[/CENTER]

[QUOTE=bddisi;6376248]Glad you are ok. If you were a cat, you would be down to 8.:D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Greengc4x4;10782815]Everything looks great, Hellen Keller! :D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=rritch;10960201]plastic + Fuel + Ignition = "Bubba wake up this is gonna be good" :rofl:[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Purple"]RIP William Anthony Kolich(DAD)
you were the best father i could have wished for. I'll always miss you
04/28/58-2/13/11[/COLOR][/CENTER]
PurpleZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2011, 06:27 PM   #6198
mojop79
1995 ZJ 

Outside right now change rear brakes and fed ex pulled up. My wifey got me a hi lift for xmas, label was on box. Trying to act confused about whats in the box, lol.
mojop79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2011, 06:40 PM   #6199
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceplate View Post
Put in my headlight housings yesterday. Word to the wise...stay away from the TYC housings. Those plastic attachment clips..? All of 'em broke...all 6 of 'em. Good thing the ones that were on the original were still one piece after I yanked the housings off. I cut off those ones off and installed them in the new ones. What a difference in clarity. I've still got to give it angry eyes but it's too cold to paint them right now.
The original ones were made in the US whereas the TYC's were made in Taiwan.....figures. At least these ones will hold me over til spring when I can get some good ones.
TYCs are the best aftermarket lights you're going to find as far as the light pattern goes. If you don't like the plastic clips, I've heard Kolak can get you new ones that are pretty decent. I had no trouble with my clips that came in my TYCs. I've tried a couple other lights too with bad results. The Vision lights have an odd light pattern and some other brand was weird with the light pattern too. The TYC is almost stock. I doubt you'll find anything better than stock. I wonder what it would run to get a set of glass housings imported... Anyone ever done that? I'd be willing to throw a few hundred dollars at something like that. Plastic housings will never be as good as glass. Glass will never yellow either.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2011, 06:59 PM   #6200
sevenscrew
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojop79 View Post
Outside right now change rear brakes and fed ex pulled up. My wifey got me a hi lift for xmas, label was on box. Trying to act confused about whats in the box, lol.
I hate that feeling of guilt you get when you find out one of your presents ! haha do you know what inch it is? if not atleast something is a surprise yet
sevenscrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2011, 07:42 PM   #6201
mojop79
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenscrew

I hate that feeling of guilt you get when you find out one of your presents ! haha do you know what inch it is? if not atleast something is a surprise yet
The box is almost as tall as me and im 5'11. So im guessing the 60", lol.
Unread 12-14-2011, 07:55 PM   #6202
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleZJ View Post
Do you have any pics of your tire carrier?
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2011, 08:02 PM   #6203
mojop79
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower

Do you have any pics of your tire carrier?
Pics of your bumper? Sweet jeep!!
Unread 12-14-2011, 10:19 PM   #6204
Cameleer
1998 ZJ 

Got my tow hooks installed today. Turned out that I didn't need to modify them, the tow hooks bolted above the pinch seam and the grill mount bolted below it. Did change the angle of the grill guard mount and reinforced it, now my grill guard is much stronger and sits a little further out up by the hood.

Still have some more work to do before putting the bumper back on.

Unread 12-15-2011, 12:21 AM   #6205
bananaslug
1996 ZJ 

Pulled the trigger on an exhaust system! Santa Kolak's deal was too good to pass up!
bananaslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2011, 02:14 AM   #6206
Glued2aPost
1998 ZJ 

Changed the oil and filter. A lot of grit in the oil after just 3000 miles of highway driving. Granted, the highway is covered in sand... Will be using fram ToughGuard oil filters from now on to see if it helps clean up the oil. If not...K&N.

Then... wind, snow and ice bent two trees at the end of my driveway so that the tops were parallel to the ground. I threw straps around them and hooked them to the recovery points on the front bumper and used my jeep to give the trees a good shaking. A lot of snow and ice fell off and the trees sprang up a bit... Will probably have to take them down anyway
Unread 12-15-2011, 06:30 AM   #6207
Faceplate
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleZJ View Post
Dude, that's a sick lookin' ZJ. Nice sneaks...how much you pay for them?
Unread 12-15-2011, 06:36 AM   #6208
Faceplate
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
TYCs are the best aftermarket lights you're going to find as far as the light pattern goes. If you don't like the plastic clips, I've heard Kolak can get you new ones that are pretty decent. I had no trouble with my clips that came in my TYCs. I've tried a couple other lights too with bad results. The Vision lights have an odd light pattern and some other brand was weird with the light pattern too. The TYC is almost stock. I doubt you'll find anything better than stock. I wonder what it would run to get a set of glass housings imported... Anyone ever done that? I'd be willing to throw a few hundred dollars at something like that. Plastic housings will never be as good as glass. Glass will never yellow either.
hmm..that's a bit disheartening to hear that the TYC's are the best option. As far as glass ones...RockAuto has some that I think are glass. They're almost $60 a piece, made by OMIX.
Unread 12-15-2011, 06:49 AM   #6209
somebody5788
1994 ZJ 

I've got the TYC's, they installed just fine, it was the upper clips that I broke on my stock lights and when I removed these to do something I broke the new ones as well... Use grease on the pins to help it slide on.
Unread 12-15-2011, 08:17 AM   #6210
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceplate View Post
hmm..that's a bit disheartening to hear that the TYC's are the best option. As far as glass ones...RockAuto has some that I think are glass. They're almost $60 a piece, made by OMIX.
Mopar lights from the dealer are the best option. They're about $300 each or a little more. Bend over and use that grease for something else if you plan on getting them at the dealer...
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door latch

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.