What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 401 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 12-03-2011, 10:57 AM   #6001
r34civic
1995 ZJ 

cleaned engine bay! i have a 5.2, and i left her running the whole time at carwash, just didnt pull trigger on the gun, sprayed down with purple power degreaser, didnt spray on electronics, did great, no problems, cleaned it up real good too. So dont be afraid to do it, everything under the hood got wet, i just didnt use any high pressure water, the degraser does that job

r34civic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2011, 12:59 PM   #6002
TheMadMike
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Pulled the locker out so see what was binding when I reversed. Couldn't find anything wrong so put it back together an replaced the fluid. Works perfect now. Then washed it for the first time in a year. All ready for next weekends camping trip.
TheMadMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2011, 03:31 PM   #6003
psychwarfare
1997 ZJ 

Replaced the serpentine belt and bought a wreath with bow for the grill...Christmas here I come...
psychwarfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2011, 04:40 PM   #6004
jonifun
1998 ZJ 

Spent a few hours cleaning up my next 35c ready to fit tomorrow. Had a quick look inside and everything looked good and the ratio is right.
image-310832635.jpg  
jonifun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2011, 04:47 PM   #6005
jonifun
1998 ZJ 

image-3439156771.jpg

Welded up the dips and ground them up square ( used an old brake pad to check gap)
jonifun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2011, 04:49 PM   #6006
indylodown
1997 ZJ 

so we've had the ZJ long enough now to do an oil change (5,000) is what I change all my others at so why do something different. Anyways got to thinking about and decided to do a tuneup also. Here is what I found

old and new

all six plugs had the electrode burned down into the ceramic.

I'm thinking the previous owner never changed the plugs and the wires looked to be the original mopar wires. The rotor was just completely shot and burned. We just rolled 194,000 on the odometer. I was amazed that the thing would even start let alone run. We also did the seafoam down the brake booster line and fogged the woods for a few minutes. I have to say it made all the difference in the world.
indylodown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2011, 05:08 PM   #6007
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

Ouch those plugs are bad!

On topic, I took it through the car wash and did a little interior cleaning.
comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2011, 05:37 PM   #6008
gschris
2004 WJ 

watched my guages go crazy after it hitched a couple times at 55mph.. then the check engine light came on.. i checked and the engine is still there.. and i didn't hitch after that..
gschris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2011, 05:57 PM   #6009
rockride
1995 ZJ 

Today I changed the front track bar on my 95. That thing was rusted in pretty good! I needed to bang on the frame mount quite a while, sprayed some penetrating oil in there and banged some more. Disconnected the axle mount and banged the frame mount some more... it finally came out. Then using a torque wrench to get the frame nut on the replacement with the hole for cotter pin aligned (that was a pain). Now it is a little sturdier. No death wobble here, took it up to 65 and it rides fine. Just a note, it you do this attach the frame first, then jack it down to rest wheels on a firm surface, this will allow the axle mount holes to align.
rockride is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2011, 07:13 PM   #6010
slickslack
1993 ZJ 

took it to the car wash, sprayed the engine off, limped it most of the way home 'til it died.
waited for the tow truck. soon as he unloaded it and left it worked fine again. i knew it(something) needed to dry but didn't know how long it would take. i was in the road.... it seemed the issue was more fuel delivery than fire but not sure. i could eventually crank it while waiting on the truck but once i put in gear, it would die instantly...

other than that, changed the oil/filter, new air filter, added lucas fuel treatment

tomorrow- new plugs, wires, fuel filter, check anti freeze.
slickslack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2011, 07:54 PM   #6011
SNAPSP22
1998 ZJ 

: What did you do to your ZJ today? Reply to Thread

Today I finally changed the diff fluid which was black like coffee, thank god there were no metal chunks floating around.Then I fixed the gap on the spark plugs.They were at .040 inch.The last thing was I cleaned the Throttle Body.Took off all the sensors before I started cleaning .The gasket was hard when I picked it up it broke in two.Waited 3 hours for a guy to drop it off and got the last one from O'Reilly's.Finished putting it back on at 6:30 pm tonight in the dark(I live in Augusta Ga).Runs a lot better now. Hoping to get better gas mileage,I just got to see if it changes for the better..Next is the steering gear box. Peace and Love to all JEEP owners.
SNAPSP22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2011, 07:59 PM   #6012
pincheburro956
2000 XJ Cherokee 

finished up replacing the rear main seal, oil pan gasket and fixing my front dana 30. I spent more time TRYING to put back 1 exhaust flange bolt than i did assembling the whole front end. what a bi**tch

oh, and tomorrow imma go TRADE my 33x12.50 AT for some 35x12.50 GY wranglers. Dude wants smaller, I want bigger. Even trade..

99 WJ, 2" BB, 245/75/16 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS.
pincheburro956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2011, 08:48 PM   #6013
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Selling it.

Dump thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours to get it perfect and I can`t get halfway up the driveway. **** it.

$8k gets me a down payment on a new Merc or an Audi
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2011, 11:22 PM   #6014
ciarashutt
1996 ZJ 

well i installed my leds under the dash and i sprayed some purple power on the engine to clean it up a bit. when i went to go spray it down i guess i found an intake leak cuz it decided to die on me :/ got it cleaned off and running again though
ciarashutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2011, 12:04 AM   #6015
ZJ5point2GCL
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOut View Post
Selling it.

Dump thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours to get it perfect and I can`t get halfway up the driveway. **** it.

$8k gets me a down payment on a new Merc or an Audi
Its the tires, a merc or audi won't do any better if the tire have no traction.

I actually pulled out a merc suv an hour ago.

Winter tires are a god send.

Tags
door latch

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.