Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#7,981 ·
Within the last few weeks:

Transmission & Transfer Case overhaul
Hood release fixed
New Breaks front and Back
Fixed interior lights

Moving on to cruise and AC

To Do:
Stereo
Leather touch up
New Windshield
Paint touch up
Fog / off road lights

#7,982 ·
Balljoints.
In the rain
Used a steel plate to square it up with our goofy angled inner c

Attachments

#7,985 ·
went from this

to this

also fixed gas leak and reason the fuel gauge never worked PO put fuel pump in wrong and float could not function had a lot of dirt and water in tank leak was coming from the rubber gromit that runs to the evap can

its a PITA putting the skid and hitch up by yourself laying in the snow

#7,990 ·
Cameleer said:
Got my jeep all set up for my desert trip to the 2012 King of the Hammers Event.
Got the grille guard, tow hooks, and rock sliders, tail light brush guards put back on, also mounted the high lift jack and shovel on the roof rack.
Didn't finish until after dark.
Had to make a few trips to the hardware store and stopped at McDonalds for lunch where I took this pic.
Where do you get tail light guards??

#7,993 ·
Yesterday and today I changed out the brake light bulbs, cleaned every fuse, checked connection on every electrical wire I could reach and realized that the fuse lid on the 97 ZJ Laredo is wrong. Get the owner's manual it is correct.

#7,994 ·
Nothing yet, but I finally found my short front driveshaft... has spicers already and double cardan seems ok - gotta grease it though.
I thought we'd need longer driveshafts with more lift... Anyone care to explain this to me? Please?

On topic, last night I used it as a weapon of possum destruction. That thing wouldn't get out of my way. I swerved a couple times to avoid it but it kept running back in front of me. I also couldn't brake hard because of the ******* on my tail. NW Indiana is now down a possum. Today I took it "wheeling" for the first time with my front swaybar disco'ed. I really didn't notice too much of a difference but I was focused more on the back of my Jeep that kept sliding into the deep mud pits I was trying to avoid. I rotated my tires in December because the outsides of my fronts were getting pretty worn. Now those are on the rear and I can't get any traction to prevent me from sliding sideways. Stupid 249. I was going to get out to get a pic or two but the ground was so muddy and I was wearing a nicer pair of shoes that I didn't want to mess up to badly. Oh well, maybe next time I'll get some decent pics. Maybe next time I'll have better tires and have my 242 in as well. I know the 242 is definitely going in before I get new tires because I don't want to mess up new tires like these.

#7,995 ·
ejschultz said:
I thought we'd need longer driveshafts with more lift... Anyone care to explain this to me? Please?

On topic, last night I used it as a weapon of possum destruction. That thing wouldn't get out of my way. I swerved a couple times to avoid it but it kept running back in front of me. I also couldn't brake hard because of the ******* on my tail. NW Indiana is now down a possum. Today I took it "wheeling" for the first time with my front swaybar disco'ed. I really didn't notice too much of a difference but I was focused more on the back of my Jeep that kept sliding into the deep mud pits I was trying to avoid. I rotated my tires in December because the outsides of my fronts were getting pretty worn. Now those are on the rear and I can't get any traction to prevent me from sliding sideways. Stupid 249. I was going to get out to get a pic or two but the ground was so muddy and I was wearing a nicer pair of shoes that I didn't want to mess up to badly. Oh well, maybe next time I'll get some decent pics. Maybe next time I'll have better tires and have my 242 in as well. I know the 242 is definitely going in before I get new tires because I don't want to mess up new tires like these.
It's the nature of the geometry. The control arms bring the axles closer to the transfer case as the truck goes up.

#7,996 ·
Redid my exhaust today. I hated how it was a patch job, had like 6 exhaust clamps and a bunch of leaks. Now its welded with this exhaust puddy stuff around the welds to cover up all of the holes cause my welds suck.

#7,997 ·
Freestyle713 said:
Redid my exhaust today. I hated how it was a patch job, had like 6 exhaust clamps and a bunch of leaks. Now its welded with this exhaust puddy stuff around the welds to cover up all of the holes cause my welds suck.
Lol. Let us know how that works. Even good at welding you will have a couple pita pin holes.

#7,998 ·
This piece was between my muffler and my tailpipe. And I drove it around after I was done and it didnt have any leaks, so I hope the exhaust puddy stuff holds up, especially if it gets submerged in water. But it said on the tube that its a cold weld that turns hard, so I dont think it will wear off.

Attachments

#7,999 ·
I hope it does. That would be handy to put over good welds. I used some aluminum patch puddy on my sleds oil tank. It's holding hot oil.

#8,000 ·
It's the nature of the geometry. The control arms bring the axles closer to the transfer case as the truck goes up.
That makes sense but the driveshafts also increase in angle which is why I really didn't see the need for a shorter driveshaft. I more or less figured that it would stay the same, for whatever reason. When I did my lift, I got all new arms to keep my axles where they should be. I can tell by looking at my slip yokes that they're longer than they used to be by a little bit.