What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 394 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 11-29-2011, 03:10 PM   #5896
Heepish
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleZJ View Post
that happened to me once with my old fiero on the way back to my dorm, parked it in a campus lot, then came back later with some rubber trans line, trans fluid, and a pipe cutter. cut out the bad section and fitted the rubber hose over it, clamped it down, filled her up and i was good to go. the not so fun part was there was snow on the ground, i was frozen haha
Luckily my buddies dad was cool about it, so he didn't charge me for the tow. He was less than thrilled when he found out it has the 249 t-case (He doesn't have a flat bed), and also the fact that its been raining all day.

Planning on spotting him $30 for his troubles, some double-stuffed oreos, and some beer

1993 Honda Del Sol Si - Parked good weather DD
Heepish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2011, 03:24 PM   #5897
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojop79 View Post
hope they didnt do a full flush and run it in reverse. its ok if youve been doing it all along. if not, youre tranny will go out soon probably.
That's why i didn't do it myself. I don't know if its ever been changed before. They flushed it with a machine so none of the gunk got was left to clog stuff and **** it up even more.
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2011, 03:28 PM   #5898
csouers
1999 XJ Cherokee 

A somewhat small amount of snow hit the ground, so I gave 2wd in the niner a try. No way in hell with that LSD.

Thus, I put the front driveshaft back in. It reminded me why I hate the 249 and its Repezza axle-end dshaft. Had to take out the rear shaft to spin the tcase so I could line up the front shaft... Argh.

My Photography
csouers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2011, 03:56 PM   #5899
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

^ A 5.9 with good tires isn't bad at all in the snow in 2wd. I rarely take my 242 out of 2wd until there's 4+ inches of snow on the ground. The LSD is the only reason it has traction at all. It just takes some practice, good reflexes to counter-steer when you start to get the tail out, and a smooth, very gentle right foot when taking off from a stop.
comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2011, 04:01 PM   #5900
mojop79
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyle713

That's why i didn't do it myself. I don't know if its ever been changed before. They flushed it with a machine so none of the gunk got was left to clog stuff and **** it up even more.
good deal!!
mojop79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2011, 04:39 PM   #5901
niles6284
2001 WJ 

Drove it so my brother and I could get these, he got the bigger one.
The Jeep is in the background
dscn1455.jpg  
IAFF Local 379
niles6284 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2011, 04:48 PM   #5902
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by niles6284
Drove it so my brother and I could get these, he got the bigger one.
The Jeep is in the background
Ha. Your brothers is bigger, lol. Jk nice work man
94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
badbird17x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2011, 05:27 PM   #5903
csouers
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post
^ A 5.9 with good tires isn't bad at all in the snow in 2wd. I rarely take my 242 out of 2wd until there's 4+ inches of snow on the ground. The LSD is the only reason it has traction at all. It just takes some practice, good reflexes to counter-steer when you start to get the tail out, and a smooth, very gentle right foot when taking off from a stop.
BFG Long Trail, pretty disappointing, especially in rain. And about that gentle right foot...

My Photography
csouers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2011, 06:26 PM   #5904
niles6284
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbird17x View Post
Ha. Your brothers is bigger, lol. Jk nice work man
Thanks man I appreciate it, it made for a quick morning was out for maybe 20 minutes and then got mine, one shot around maybe 45 yards, then went on and my brother got his. "slap on head" I shoulda waited ha ha. Was an awesome hunt though.
IAFF Local 379
niles6284 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2011, 06:37 PM   #5905
Glued2aPost
1998 ZJ 

So much fail...

Last edited by Glued2aPost; 11-29-2011 at 06:45 PM.. Reason: because I want to cry
Glued2aPost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2011, 06:45 PM   #5906
Glued2aPost
1998 ZJ 

Slipped and slid my way home from work, a 50 mile trip on the icy interstate going 65 mph. Three times I was certain I was going to die. Less than a mile from home I was run off the road by a pick-up truck hogging the middle of the road and got stuck in two feet of snow. Tried digging the snow out from under and around the tires but the left tires were on icy pavement and just spun.

To make things worse, I was pulled out by a woman driving a Mercury Mountaineer with AWD and a trailer hitch. My only defense to my man card was I provided the recovery straps and gave her instructions on how to pull me out and was successful

Time for a LSD! And snow tires.
Unread 11-29-2011, 07:20 PM   #5907
General_Jeep
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glued2aPost View Post
Slipped and slid my way home from work, a 50 mile trip on the icy interstate going 65 mph. Three times I was certain I was going to die. Less than a mile from home I was run off the road by a pick-up truck hogging the middle of the road and got stuck in two feet of snow. Tried digging the snow out from under and around the tires but the left tires were on icy pavement and just spun.

To make things worse, I was pulled out by a woman driving a Mercury Mountaineer with AWD and a trailer hitch. My only defense to my man card was I provided the recovery straps and gave her instructions on how to pull me out and was successful

Time for a LSD! And snow tires.
Time to update your sig now its a bit false.
2005 Nissan Titan - Hauler

"The Jeep is Americas only real sports car!" - Enzo Ferrari
General_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2011, 07:52 PM   #5908
Cameleer
1998 ZJ 

Did more work to my new KOR roof rack, this is the second time I had it mounted on my jeep.
Been cleaning up the welds, filled in some places like under the light mounting brackets to help stop wind noise.
There had been wind noise between 55 and 60 mph, no more. I do still get some noise when it's windy with cross winds blowing, but very little.

Only received 2 lights, weighting for 2 more to arrive. Also need to make up some small spacers and get longer bolts for the lights.

Have a little more welding to do tomorrow for clamps that will be used to hold 3/8 plastic tubing (air brake line) that the wiring will run inside of. Then it's ready for power coating.
For the power coating, I'm trying to decide on Low Gloss Black or Silver-Black Hammer (gray black speckled)
Unread 11-29-2011, 08:04 PM   #5909
Glued2aPost
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by General_Jeep View Post
Time to update your sig now its a bit false.
I should edit my post to say it burrowed itself into the snow and took a nap.
Unread 11-29-2011, 08:33 PM   #5910
SquirrelPig
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameleer View Post

Have a little more welding to do tomorrow for clamps that will be used to hold 3/8 plastic tubing (air brake line) that the wiring will run inside of. Then it's ready for power coating.
For the power coating, I'm trying to decide on Low Gloss Black or Silver-Black Hammer (gray black speckled)

Great looking Jeep. I'd go with the hammered grey. I think the contrast between that and the Jeep would look good.
SquirrelPig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.