What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 389 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 11-26-2011, 02:19 PM   #5821
indylodown
1997 ZJ 

the boy came home and parked his jeep. LOL

a little mini flex

a boy and his jeep

indylodown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2011, 05:04 PM   #5822
phbrown
1994 ZJ 

installed a new 02 sensor (pre 1996 so i only have 1 ) sadly its a Bosch ... we will see how long it will stay in... aside from that during the test drive my heat cut out and switch to defrost by itself ... looks like i got a vacuum leak to find
Unread 11-26-2011, 05:08 PM   #5823
Fixins13
1997 ZJ 

Christmas tree lights cut into strips of 5 lights and wired in parallel, will run off 12 volts. I did 5 runs of 5 for 25 total lights. I interrupted the wire to my fog lights so I can turn them on and off from the cab. Before anyone freaks out, I don't run them on the road and even if someone did, they're Christmas tree lights so they're not bright at all.

Got the tech stuff from this page:
http://michaelbluejay.com/batteries/...as-lights.html
7c28a32a187411e19e4a12313813ffc0_7.jpeg  
Unread 11-26-2011, 05:14 PM   #5824
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

That's awesome.
94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
badbird17x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2011, 06:46 PM   #5825
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

I'd imagine it's legal as long as they're amber lights... My buddy had an amber light bar on the top of his Charger that he made look like a cop car. He was able to drive with them on, legally. He did get pulled over once and the cop asked him if he was trying to impersonate a cop. Obviously he said no; the cop let him go. I know laws vary from state to state, but if you want to drive with them on, it's something to check into.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2011, 07:30 PM   #5826
Fixins13
1997 ZJ 

There's a million reasons why it's illegal here in MA but I figure if I do not turn them on the highway or in towns I know the cops have almost nothing to do, I should be OK. In my 'hood the police are busy with actual crime and won't bother with some guy with a lighted wreath on the grill of his Jeep. I actually trimmed the lower bows to make sure there was nothing obscuring the plate and having the lights on a switch means I can kill them in an instant if I decide to.
Unread 11-26-2011, 07:38 PM   #5827
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Wanted to post how I got the bad wheel bearing off the outer shaft after I took it off the jeep
squazz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2011, 08:45 PM   #5828
Dyn0mitemat
1998 ZJ 

^Those sons of *****es like to stay on there

I heated the nut up red hot on both of mine a few times and barely got them to break with a 4 foot breaker bar...
Unread 11-26-2011, 08:52 PM   #5829
PurpleZJ
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyn0mitemat View Post

I heated the nut up red hot on both of mine a few times and barely got them to break with a 4 foot breaker bar...
on my old fiero my dad and i were trying to replace the rear unit bearing, 4 foot breaker and a crowbar locking the hub in place and we broke the socket... lol. we gave up
1996 ZJ- 4.0, [COLOR="Purple"]AX-15 5SPD/NP242[/COLOR], RE 4.5" lift, 36x12.50x16.5 Goodyear military surplus tires, Longarms/Tri-4 link/one ton axle build/swap in progress, arb bumper, a bunch of other goodies
1995 XJ- 4.0 HO, ax-15(stolen for swap), stock
2001 GMC Sonoma-RIP...
2002 GMC Sierra 1500 ECSB-roadtrip/long haul vehicle
[CENTER][COLOR="Blue"]RIP Troy (bigbluezj94) you wont be forgotten[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Purple"]December 2010 GCOTM[/COLOR]

5spd ZJ Club Member 001
[/CENTER]

[QUOTE=bddisi;6376248]Glad you are ok. If you were a cat, you would be down to 8.:D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Greengc4x4;10782815]Everything looks great, Hellen Keller! :D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=rritch;10960201]plastic + Fuel + Ignition = "Bubba wake up this is gonna be good" :rofl:[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Purple"]RIP William Anthony Kolich(DAD)
you were the best father i could have wished for. I'll always miss you
04/28/58-2/13/11[/COLOR][/CENTER]
PurpleZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2011, 08:56 PM   #5830
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyn0mitemat View Post

I Never like to heat any tightened nut or bolt, I always thought WD40 was the **** till I tried PB Blast if a 2 foot breaker bar and a 4 foot persuation bar wont do it then my 390lbs of force will break it loose or off (on a side note pissed I had to pay 20$ for a 36mm)
zach yeah I have broke a few breaker bars in my time
squazz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2011, 10:19 PM   #5831
Heepish
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1717pxcb View Post
i've had much success with sanding and then using the polishing compound. they sell headlight restoration kits and they always include some pretty fine grit wet-sandpaper.
i repainted the bumper in my old miata last year so i had a bunch of 400-800-1000-1500-2000 grit sand paper laying around. i have a big bottle of polish too, a drill and a dremel,but haven't attacked the jeeps headlights just yet. but that is definitely on my list of "to dos"

yesterday, the jeep got seafoamed, iac cleaned and got a new battery. she's happy, but still not idling correctly.
I didn't think of the sanding idea, but eh, I already have the new ones here. At $57 for all of them, I think I did okay The Mothers kit I purchased a while back didn't come with fine-grit sand paper, just the compound, buffer ball, and cloth.
1993 Honda Del Sol Si - Parked good weather DD
Heepish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2011, 10:29 PM   #5832
timbo1969

2003 WJ 

Knocked out a few things over the last couple of days while my wife and daughter were out spending all the money ...

This morning / afternoon ...
Motor Mounts - original with 245K. Used my new 3T Jack/Stands from the 5am Black Friday gig at Sears (also received Standard and Metric Gear Wrenches ... man those are handy) The ladies were smart in having me look at the ads Thanksgiving night to see if anything was in "need" ... though I am sure my couple of hundred didn't touch their total number.
You guys were right ... Driver's side was a bit tough ... though it helped me work off a lot of "issues" while my Hawks were brutalized by Mizzou. TV in the garage helps assists the "multi-tasking."
While the box and intake hose off ... cleaned throttle body and IAC.

Wednesday night ...
Took all the plastic out of the wells (primed and rubber coated them while out)
Addressed some minor rust ... then rubber coated.
Replaced plastic ... looks great. Will see how long it looks that nice.
timbo1969 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2011, 11:54 PM   #5833
phbrown
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbo1969 View Post
Knocked out a few things over the last couple of days while my wife and daughter were out spending all the money ...

You guys were right ... Driver's side was a bit tough ... though it helped me work off a lot of "issues" while my Hawks were brutalized by Mizzou. TV in the garage helps assists the "multi-tasking."
While the box and intake hose off ... cleaned throttle body and IAC.
i couldn't even convince myself to turn on the game ... i knew it was going to be brutal

nevertheless

Rock Chalk!
Unread 11-27-2011, 12:23 AM   #5834
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Anyone know stock control arm lengths? Wanting to put my adjustable control arms in tomorrow and want to move the axle about 3/4" forwards.
Unread 11-27-2011, 12:27 AM   #5835
RedZJ
1996 ZJ 

Why not measure yours?

Here Grant

http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...09&postcount=2
RedZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.