What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 388 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 11-26-2011, 11:52 AM   #5806
1717pxcb
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heepish View Post
Bought some new headlight assemblies off ebay (all 3 pieces for both sides); they arrived a couple days ago, but I haven't taken the time to put them in yet. Current headlights are all yellow (rubbing compound didn't do much), and the lower turn signals were cracked. The previous owner tried to super-glue a broken piece of plastic back on 1, but did a horrible job at it
i've had much success with sanding and then using the polishing compound. they sell headlight restoration kits and they always include some pretty fine grit wet-sandpaper.
i repainted the bumper in my old miata last year so i had a bunch of 400-800-1000-1500-2000 grit sand paper laying around. i have a big bottle of polish too, a drill and a dremel,but haven't attacked the jeeps headlights just yet. but that is definitely on my list of "to dos"

yesterday, the jeep got seafoamed, iac cleaned and got a new battery. she's happy, but still not idling correctly.

1717pxcb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2011, 11:57 AM   #5807
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000
^ Go easy on him. I've heard of tint being referred to that way before, although it's not common. And consider how dark the untinted windshield looks in that pic. I have no trouble believing that the other tint isn't super-dark.
Ta=5% all the way around
Zj=20% rear stock fronts
Dmax=20% rear, 35% fronts
Escalade=5% over 20% factory, 35% fronts
image-657099486.jpg   image-2568732381.jpg   image-864354090.jpg   image-4127382173.jpg  
94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
badbird17x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2011, 12:54 PM   #5808
moggie99
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbird17x View Post
I'm sorry I think your just wrong, and it's easier to just admit your wrong. For one nobody refers to tint that way, and second, there is no way that is 70% tint as you can't even see a different between clear glass and 70% tint. By that pic you have either 20% all the way around, and possibly on the front, or 5% all the way around.
In that case, may I suggest that you pop into one of the many aftermarket tinting establishments here in Al Ain, United Arab Emirates and ask about tinting options and see what they tell you? Here they DO talk about the the %age of light that it cuts, rather than the %age that it passes. It may seem odd but that's the way it is. Remember, there are 6.7 BILLION people who do NOT live in the USA - the whole world does NOT march to Uncle Sam's drum.

I actually made the arrangements for the tinting myself. I went into the shops, checked out the options, selected 30% BLOCK/70% TRANSMISSION (because it's legal and 40% block or greater is not and that IS the way they refer to it here - 8000 miles from where you are), specified that side and rear windows only be done (not front screen), checked that the job was done correctly and paid the bill. So don't ****ing tell me that I don't know what I'm talking about, you arrogant twat.

If you weren't so stupid you'd realise that different places use different terminology for parts of a car and items that are bolted/glued/screwed onto it. By and large, the USA uses terminology that is out of step with large swathes of the rest of the world. The folks here describe window tints in a manner that suits them - full stop, end of story. (Note: full stop = period to you).

I even took the bloody photograph. Perhaps your simple little bundle of nerve endings (I won't call it a brain) is being confused by the changes I made to the photograph whilst adjusting the colour balance so that the paintwork didn't look pink?

By the way, if you do come over here to check it out for yourself, please remember that most of the world does NOT use US dollars, don't celebrate Thanksgiving, isn't Christian, etc.

Dickhead
moggie99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2011, 01:04 PM   #5809
moggie99
1996 ZJ 

PS: my apologies to anyone else who is not the ****-eating, inbred, mutant, arsehole known as badbird17x. I realise that there are many experienced, helpful, intelligent people on here and I thank them for all their help in recent weeks and have no wish to offend them. Unfortunately, the aforementioned ****-eating, inbred, mutant, arsehole does not fall into that category!
Unread 11-26-2011, 01:05 PM   #5810
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by moggie99
In that case, may I suggest that you pop into one of the many aftermarket tinting establishments here in Al Ain, United Arab Emirates and ask about tinting options and see what they tell you? Here they DO talk about the the %age of light that it cuts, rather than the %age that it passes. It may seem odd but that's the way it is. Remember, there are 6.7 BILLION people who do NOT live in the USA - the whole world does NOT march to Uncle Sam's drum.

I actually made the arrangements for the tinting myself. I went into the shops, checked out the options, selected 30% BLOCK/70% TRANSMISSION (because it's legal and 40% block or greater is not and that IS the way they refer to it here - 8000 miles from where you are), specified that side and rear windows only be done (not front screen), checked that the job was done correctly and paid the bill. So don't ****ing tell me that I don't know what I'm talking about, you arrogant twat.

I even took the bloody photograph. Perhaps your simple little bundle of nerve endings (I won't call it a brain) is being confused by the changes I made to the photograph whilst adjusting the colour balance so that the paintwork didn't look pink?

By the way, if you do come over here to check it out for yourself, please remember that most of the world does NOT use US dollars, don't celebrate Thanksgiving, isn't Christian, etc.

Dickhead
Well aren't you a fantastic person. Get a light transmission gauge and tell me that lets 70% of light through. The truck behind you lets 72% through I'd bet anything on that, because factory tint in glass is 28% to block uv rays, and so you don't get a sunburn. I didn't know you are in a diff country, or that you are a complete DB, but I do know for a fact that that truck does not let 70% light transmission. Happy holidays.
94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
Unread 11-26-2011, 01:14 PM   #5811
moggie99
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
I didn't know you are in a diff country, .
Well, aren't you just the geographical genius! Just whereabouts in the USA do you think that "ABU DHABI" is? Note: It's clearly stated in my location at the side of every post I've ever made on this board.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=al+a...=m&z=6&vpsrc=6
Unread 11-26-2011, 01:16 PM   #5812
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Quote:
PS: my apologies to anyone else who is not the ****-eating, inbred, mutant, arsehole known as badbird17x. I realise that there are many experienced, helpful, intelligent people on here and I thank them for all their help in recent weeks and have no wish to offend them. Unfortunately, the aforementioned ****-eating, inbred, mutant, arsehole does not fall into that category!
Man you are a touchy little fella aren't ya. Does it make you feel better to mock me because you don't know sh t from apple butter instead of just saying, in my country we say it differently, and I'm not sure what % it is, but it looks sweet. Instead you will remain a snot nosed little brat for eternity for anyone to read.
Unread 11-26-2011, 01:18 PM   #5813
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Well, aren't you just the geographical genius! Just whereabouts in the USA do you think that "ABU DHABI" is? Note: It's clearly stated in my location at the side of every post I've ever made on this board.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=al+a...=m&z=6&vpsrc=6
I have an iPhone I post with. It doesnt show me where you are from.
Unread 11-26-2011, 01:27 PM   #5814
moggie99
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Man you are a touchy little fella aren't ya. Does it make you feel better to mock me because you don't know sh t from apple butter instead of just saying, in my country we say it differently, and I'm not sure what % it is, but it looks sweet. Instead you will remain a snot nosed little brat for eternity for anyone to read.
So speaks the arsehole who launched into an attack without waiting to ascertain the facts! Well, you have the dubious distinction of being the first person I have EVER put on an ignore list.

By the way, this isn't "my country" - my country is a nice little place between Ireland and France. However, this is where I live now and I have lived in a number of different countries during my life (I'm older than you by the way, so don't qualify for "little brat" - "condescending old fart" would be closer ) and those experiences mean that I appreciate that different countries do things differently. Read back a few posts and you will see that I did say "that's how they refer to it around here" and I made the (erroneous) assumption that you would be smart enough to note my location and realise that I don't live in the USA.

By the way, try a Google search for "Lisbon" - you may find that you get a shock when you realise that the one in North Dakota is NOT the original.
Unread 11-26-2011, 01:34 PM   #5815
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Oh no, I don't live in the original Lisbon. Whatever will I do.

So your old and wise, how's that light transmission gauge comin. My state patrol neighbor just did my zj front windows from the pic. They still only let 76% of light through. They are untinted.

Not sure how old you are and really don't care, because you act like your 14, and that's all that really matters.
Unread 11-26-2011, 01:39 PM   #5816
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Oh, and I didn't launch into an attack. I said you have darker windows than 70% transmission, which you do. I also stated its easier to say my bad, which it is. Last I said no one uses your terminology, which I hear now in other countries they do, my bad.
Unread 11-26-2011, 01:57 PM   #5817
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Replaced axle shaft ujoints and packed then with green waterproof grease

Also ment this niner today

(crappy cell pics)
squazz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2011, 02:01 PM   #5818
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Squazz, that miner was jealous. Your rig looks bad azz
Unread 11-26-2011, 02:02 PM   #5819
Bkuprionas
1997 ZJ 

Cleaned the throttle body and iac and dumped some seafoam into the gas tank. I might put a 1/3 of it into the tb like people have suggested. I'm a little hesitant to do that though.
Bkuprionas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2011, 02:06 PM   #5820
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkuprionas
Cleaned the throttle body and iac and dumped some seafoam into the gas tank. I might put a 1/3 of it into the tb like people have suggested. I'm a little hesitant to do that though.
I've had great luck sucking the can through a vac line. Just sayin.

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.