Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#7,241 ·
Lol

#7,242 ·
Well, in my attempt to find a shop that would align a lifted Jeep, I got a phone call from my dad. He needed someone to do a dealer trade for the dealership he works at. I said I'd do it if they'd do an alignment for me while I was gone. So, while I drove to Schaumburg and back in Cadillacs, my ZJ got "aligned." They don't have the laser stuff. They measure by hand. The alignment didn't cost me anything but I may continue my search tomorrow to find a shop in the area. It's way better than it was, but it's still not perfect.

#7,243 ·
Well, in my attempt to find a shop that would align a lifted Jeep, I got a phone call from my dad. He needed someone to do a dealer trade for the dealership he works at. I said I'd do it if they'd do an alignment for me while I was gone. So, while I drove to Schaumburg and back in Cadillacs, my ZJ got "aligned." They don't have the laser stuff. They measure by hand. The alignment didn't cost me anything but I may continue my search tomorrow to find a shop in the area. It's way better than it was, but it's still not perfect.
A dealership doesn't have a laser alignment rack??

My shop has one of the better alignment racks available if it comes down to it. Just a little drive though.

#7,244 ·
Swapped out my old a$$ radiator today. Had this sticker on there. Makes me wonder how long its been there.

OH, and my question still stands. Is this skid plate any good. How much should I pay for it at the "U Pull It". any suggestions as they dont even know what a "skid plate" is. How much did you pay???

thanks guys

#7,245 ·
Installed a Front Mounted reciever for my 10K winch. Now need to wire up the front and back with #2 Gauge wire. Hidden hitch makes it, PN# 65008. It has a cargo capacity of 300 lbs, and 9K line pull. Easy install, but had to remove and discard the front bash guard. I may have an apron welded on the back of the hitch assembly...or not! Next comes a custom bumper that will be welded to the Reciever.

This thing is made to be used with the stock bumper BTW. Here's a link to the install .PDF http://www.bestinauto.com/jlh/hiddenhitch/N65008.pdf

#7,246 ·
pincheburro956 said:
Swapped out my old a$$ radiator today. Had this sticker on there. Makes me wonder how long its been there.

OH, and my question still stands. Is this skid plate any good. How much should I pay for it at the "U Pull It". any suggestions as they dont even know what a "skid plate" is. How much did you pay???

thanks guys
I've heard of guys getting them for $20, think they are $65 shipped on eBay. It looks a little tweaked on the bottom, let them know that, maybe they will let ya take it off for $5

#7,250 ·
ejschultz said:
Here's a pic of my new lift. It's in the employee parking lot across from the dealership I had the alignment done at.
Looks great man.

#7,252 ·
First night back at school and it started snowing a few hours ago so went driving in it at 11:30. Then parked next to a lifted xj i usually see in the lot, not sure but looks like a 4" and its got 31" mickey thompson mtz's and a nice looking homebrew bumper.

Attachments

#7,253 ·
I've heard of guys getting them for $20, think they are $65 shipped on eBay. It looks a little tweaked on the bottom, let them know that, maybe they will let ya take it off for $5
so no more than $20. got it. thanks:highfive:

pincheburro956.....I'd give you mine, but shipping would be more than what I'd pay for one! A Bash Guard, Skid Plate, should be no more than 20 bucks!!! It would probably cost 40-50 bucks to ship mine to Tejas! :)
thanks Guns. am i correct to assume USMC Gunnery Sgt. :thumbsup:

#7,256 ·
Over the weekend I had new Bridgestones mounted/balanced (wish I could've done that myself but it was bitter cold and I lack the tools to make the job "easier")...215/75/15...I don't off-road and am more concerned with snow traction

Installed some mid-grade brakes and rotors up front

Have a new cap and rotor to install...did the plugs last weekend...researching some new wires before I deal with the distributor

#7,258 ·
I was in Schaumburg yesterday too!

#7,259 ·

thanks guys
Yesterday I jsut picked up my front skid plate off of Craigslist for $20