What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 357 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 11-04-2011, 08:43 AM   #5341
speedbucket
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbucket View Post
i washed mine this morning......by driving it in the rain
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebody5788 View Post
You guys wash your Jeeps?
that is the extent of my washing, unless they salt roads or hatteras is involved

Unread 11-04-2011, 08:46 AM   #5342
TMNT2210
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojop79 View Post
wheres the link to the forum?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/i...roject-279739/

there you go.

If you don't know what a ZJ is- you can't afford it! -Beerfest
"cowabunga!!!" -TMNT
TMNT2210 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2011, 12:03 PM   #5343
jeepzj1996

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbucket

that is the extent of my washing, unless they salt roads or hatteras is involved
I washed mine too. It was all dirty because off roading. I don't know about you but I won't change my zj for nothing ...
jeepzj1996 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2011, 12:15 PM   #5344
Glasssplinter
1994 ZJ 

Finished up replacing all my rear axle bearings last night and got it all put back together. Axle shaft was shot along with the clutches, pin, retaining bolt, pinion bearings and thrust washers. Runs like a champ now and have to get used to only hearing the engine now. Never knew how quiet the inside should be until now.
Unread 11-04-2011, 12:30 PM   #5345
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

I checked my cowl drains and they were clear. I used Gorilla tape to seal off the rest of the fresh air intake. It was definitely wet in there. I used the tape to seal the seam from the outside. I then reached inside and felt I should seal that too so it's sealed inside the intake too. My arm is now all cut up because I got it stuck inside the cowl while taping it up. That was definitely an "oh ****" moment when I couldn't get it out and I realized my phone was sitting in the cupholder. Anyway, when I finished it up, I literally flooded the cowl and waited inside for water and there was nothing. Hopefully this time I got it.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2011, 05:11 PM   #5346
tkiss
1998 ZJ 

Just got home from work about an hr ago. started to drop the gas tank to replace the stupid sending unit for inspection
tkiss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2011, 06:58 PM   #5347
mojop79
1995 ZJ 

whos wheeling??
mojop79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2011, 06:59 PM   #5348
mojop79
1995 ZJ 

pics!!
mojop79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2011, 08:10 PM   #5349
caligiuri87
1994 ZJ 

doing the plenum gasket set replacement...........everything went fine. i broke the vac lines so gonna put some tubing in and my power steering pump is crooked.....ugh.
and it was dirty!!!!!!! lots of carbon i cleaned everything very well with diesel and brake cleaner. gonna pick up the torque wrenches to finish it all up.
the po went mudding alot and it causedto suck dirt in and underneath the intake was little puds of sand in the corners. and looking thru the canals i see the valves are pretty carboned up. so gonna put it all back in the morning and throw soem lucas fuel in there and clean that out. im pretty sure it will run way stronger looking at all the gunk i cleaned out it was realy unbelieveble and a miracle it still ran normal. i took some pics with my phone and i will post them when im done egr on the back went real smooth. so thats my luck. thought of painting the intake but i just cleaned it off a bit and leave it liek it is. i liek it original
Unread 11-04-2011, 09:21 PM   #5350
Jguidry74
1996 ZJ 

Bought it. Changed oil, p/s pump
Jguidry74 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2011, 09:42 PM   #5351
tkiss
1998 ZJ 

hmm so dropping the gas tank really wasnt as bad as some people made it sound.
anyways, the sending unit advance auto parts sold me was the incorrect one. so I was stuck and had to put in the airtax fuel pump assembly unit, i havent heard good things about it but what can I do.
tkiss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2011, 09:45 PM   #5352
RedneckZJ
1996 ZJ 

the last one i put in was junk.i put it in and 4 months later it hadnt stopped pumping but it was only pumping half the pressure it did when i put it in
You drive a tj, we drive a zj. We have more power while you get more shower. We get the v8 while you get there too late. You have 2 doors well, we have 2 more. Ours costs a grand while yours has a price we cant stand.
RedneckZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2011, 01:09 AM   #5353
biebs53
1998 ZJ 

Xj owners suck thet didnt wave at me

Build thread: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-raven-biebs53-build-thread-1215245/[/FONT][/url][/CENTER]
biebs53 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2011, 01:29 AM   #5354
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biebs53 View Post
Xj owners suck thet didnt wave at me
When I had my 95 at 4.5" and 33's I had some wanker tell me the tires were to big. I think he drove a Honda.
PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2011, 06:15 AM   #5355
Blackspike85
1995 ZJ 

Towed a trailer full of tree limbs for the first time with my wife's Jeep. It pulled really nice when loaded, but bounced all over the road when empty.

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.