What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 355 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 11-03-2011, 05:39 PM   #5311
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

Drove it and found the most productive way to write an essay ever. Take laptop, get in Jeep. Drive to empty-ish park, find a spot with a nice view, crack the windows a bit, hop over to the passenger seat. Pull out the laptop, tether to cell phone for internet to allow research and write an essay. You'll get the essay done faster than you ever thought possible.

comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-03-2011, 07:17 PM   #5312
pincheburro956
1999 WJ 

Made this bracket for the air filter, was just hanging there, and now its nice and snug..

99 WJ, 2" BB, 245/75/16 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS.
pincheburro956 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-03-2011, 07:33 PM   #5313
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pincheburro956
Made this bracket for the air filter, was just hanging there, and now its nice and snug..
Looks nice man

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
badbird17x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-03-2011, 07:51 PM   #5314
MStaffin
1997 ZJ 

Washed the jeep for the first time in yrs. Boy she was dirty. Also installed a sticker on my pass side back window.
Unread 11-03-2011, 07:58 PM   #5315
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Well, sealing around my fresh air intake didn't solve my water issue. Has anyone else experienced water coming in somewhere from up in the passenger side dash? Have you fixed it? I'm getting annoyed with this problem rather quickly.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-03-2011, 08:10 PM   #5316
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
Well, sealing around my fresh air intake didn't solve my water issue. Has anyone else experienced water coming in somewhere from up in the passenger side dash? Have you fixed it? I'm getting annoyed with this problem rather quickly.
Sunroof drain?
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-03-2011, 08:21 PM   #5317
sabzz
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post
Drove it and found the most productive way to write an essay ever. Take laptop, get in Jeep. Drive to empty-ish park, find a spot with a nice view, crack the windows a bit, hop over to the passenger seat. Pull out the laptop, tether to cell phone for internet to allow research and write an essay. You'll get the essay done faster than you ever thought possible.
This is true! When my grandpa was in the hospital for 3 weeks I was up there every day. There was a spot down the road that had a nice view of a field and trees, if you got there at the right time you could catch fog and the sun rise. I went there and did just what you did.
Unread 11-03-2011, 08:29 PM   #5318
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
Sunroof drain?
Sunroof drain? I don't have a sunroof. The water is coming in from what appears to be the upper passenger side corner of the firewall. I thought it was coming in from around the fresh air intake because when I had my dash partially disassembled, there were water stains on all the duct work. I couldn't see high enough in there to really pinpoint where the water was coming in from. I ended up using some silicone based caulk to seal around the fresh air intake but I couldn't really get to the far passenger side of it. It's definitely not designed to be serviced while it's installed in the vehicle. What really sucks about this leak is it's dripping right on my fuse box and I keep having stupid electrical issues related to it. A few things about the Jeep, it's never been wrecked, the windshield has never been replaced, and nothing was taken apart on it until I got it. The PO did tell me that he had that issue with it when it rained a lot. He didn't tell me until last week, after I've experienced the issue to it's "fullest extent" a couple of times. One other thing, I did drill out my AC drain and clear it out. Well, I attempted to clear it out. There was nothing in there. When I drilled it out, no water came out so I'm going to jump to the conclusion that there was nothing in there causing it to clog. I beg the Jeep gods for help with this issue.
Unread 11-03-2011, 08:34 PM   #5319
Airborn
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkuprionas View Post
Wrote an essay for class about it.
LOL i did the exact same thing last week.
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L : 172,xxx miles, IRO 3.5" F>R lift, IRO Adjustable Control Arms, IRO Adjustable Track Bars, 31" Goodyear Wrangler Authority on Cragar V5's, Pavement Pounder until I get out of college :( ...Built Not Bought #650
Spend the Time and the Money the 1st Time, You'll End Up Doing it Anyway.
Airborn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-03-2011, 09:00 PM   #5320
hinningerc
1996 ZJ 

ejschultz, if you still have the dash disassembled, have someone spray the jeep with a hose while you're inside and see if you can see where the water seeps through. Sure it may make a mess, but maybe you'll find it.
hinningerc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-03-2011, 09:21 PM   #5321
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Install a front xj ds that krashnpa cut down for me no vibes yet(othen then normal)
squazz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-03-2011, 09:25 PM   #5322
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinningerc View Post
ejschultz, if you still have the dash disassembled, have someone spray the jeep with a hose while you're inside and see if you can see where the water seeps through. Sure it may make a mess, but maybe you'll find it.
Now that's an idea. I'm going to see if I can get someone to help me with that. I may end up just putting the hose in the cowl and letting it run while I mess around in there. I'm going to have to tear down the dash again though. Good thing it's not too hard to do that... I wish I had the patience to rip everything apart to get to firewall to see.
Unread 11-03-2011, 09:37 PM   #5323
1stblack97ZJ
1997 ZJ 

passenger dash area you say?

maybe heater core...
Plenty of lights
1stblack97ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-03-2011, 09:47 PM   #5324
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

From past experiences with past vehicles, heater cores leak coolant, not water, I believe. At least when the heater core exploded in my S10, I had a sweet smelling, hot mess of green coolant on my floor. This is most definitely water and it only happens when it rains.
Unread 11-03-2011, 10:00 PM   #5325
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
From past experiences with past vehicles, heater cores leak coolant, not water, I believe. At least when the heater core exploded in my S10, I had a sweet smelling, hot mess of green coolant on my floor. This is most definitely water and it only happens when it rains.
Are you 100% that your cowl drain is not clogged?
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.