What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 353 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 11-02-2011, 10:26 PM   #5281
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Ok I'm lost again. So it's made for a case that already has 2wd, the 231, but not made for the 242. And I'm back to not understanding again what the need for it is. If you already have 2wd the only reason I see for it is burnouts

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
badbird17x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2011, 10:35 PM   #5282
Dyn0mitemat
1998 ZJ 

I dont get it either lol
Unread 11-02-2011, 10:46 PM   #5283
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Dont need 2low to do burn outs with 33's

as for the need
I wont fight the locker up front and two I can creap over things using minimal gas as the gears do all the work
squazz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2011, 10:54 PM   #5284
tonymartin
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I think I sorted my battery/alternator problem. It turned out one of the clamps was loose at the cable side, not the post, so I charged the battery and tighted the clamp on the cable properly and it fired up like a dream. Let's see how it is after work eh? Now I just need to change my control arm bushings, PCM (I think) and maybe the engine harness/battery cables in the next three weeks before registration!
Unread 11-02-2011, 11:04 PM   #5285
caligiuri87
1994 ZJ 

ok so i looked down the intake 2 days ago to see for oil floating. i see nothing exept its dirty oily dirty. throttle body is still nice and clean when last cleaned that was this summer so. plenum gasket it is i think? its more dirty towards the distr side so i think gasket is going out there. so how i do that.... take elt of remove acc then remove airintake ets????? can someone gimme a link or something jsut so i can do it the best way if i start digging myself i always end up fooling around with something while there is a faster smarter way to do it
Unread 11-02-2011, 11:09 PM   #5286
PeriwinkleZJ
1993 ZJ 

Looks like you have a plenum leak.
-1993 Grand Cherokee Laredo V8 5.2, Mopar CAI, Borla headers, Borla Y-pipe, Turn down exhaust, 4" RC SA, 33x12.50r15 BfGoodrich Km2, Crown extended brake lines, IRO Double Shear Track bar, IRO HD tie rod, Home made Quick discos, E-fan, Heavy duty harness/9007 bulb conversion, HP30 WJ knuckles lockrite solid cover.

BUILD THREAD:http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...-jeep-1133312/
PeriwinkleZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2011, 11:10 PM   #5287
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by squazz
Dont need 2low to do burn outs with 33's

as for the need
I wont fight the locker up front and two I can creap over things using minimal gas as the gears do all the work
You already have 2wd so you won't be fighting the locker, the crawling on tight trails is understandable, I just have never had a situation that I needed a lower gear then 1st and didn't want 4wd. Not saying you don't have a use for it, I just can't find a use for it.

94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
Unread 11-02-2011, 11:20 PM   #5288
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligiuri87
ok so i looked down the intake 2 days ago to see for oil floating. i see nothing exept its dirty oily dirty. throttle body is still nice and clean when last cleaned that was this summer so. plenum gasket it is i think? its more dirty towards the distr side so i think gasket is going out there. so how i do that.... take elt of remove acc then remove airintake ets????? can someone gimme a link or something jsut so i can do it the best way if i start digging myself i always end up fooling around with something while there is a faster smarter way to do it
Mark distributor base to block, and rotor to cap, then remove it. Unplug all wires going to intake, unbolt ac, and move it out of the way. There is a hose on the front of the intake that sucks. Unbolt intake, remove, them unbolt plenum pan, and start cleaning. I learned from my gm engines that it is best to not use the fnr intake gasket rubber pieces, just lay a thick bead of silicone, let it set up and reassemble

Unread 11-02-2011, 11:37 PM   #5289
caligiuri87
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbird17x View Post
Mark distributor base to block, and rotor to cap, then remove it. Unplug all wires going to intake, unbolt ac, and move it out of the way. There is a hose on the front of the intake that sucks. Unbolt intake, remove, them unbolt plenum pan, and start cleaning. I learned from my gm engines that it is best to not use the fnr intake gasket rubber pieces, just lay a thick bead of silicone, let it set up and reassemble

icic. is simple black rtv good enough? pr what u recommend? and i prob have to torque the plenum? or just tighten it up snug by hand
Unread 11-03-2011, 12:10 AM   #5290
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

I Neil torque everything but heads, and bearing caps, but torque is a good idea. I use great stuff silicone. Because of the stupid hose I recommend letting the silicone set up for an hour, or it's gonna be everywhere as its best to install the hose as the intake goes on.

Unread 11-03-2011, 12:20 AM   #5291
csouers
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbird17x
Ok I'm lost again. So it's made for a case that already has 2wd, the 231, but not made for the 242. And I'm back to not understanding again what the need for it is. If you already have 2wd the only reason I see for it is burnouts

It adds two wheel drive lo range. Say you don't need the front axle engaged but dont want to go all the way back to 2wd hi. Just pull the lever back one notch from 4lo and you have 2lo. It makes turning with a non-selectable locker upfront on the trail much easier.

My Photography
csouers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-03-2011, 12:29 AM   #5292
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by csouers

It adds two wheel drive lo range. Say you don't need the front axle engaged but dont want to go all the way back to 2wd hi. Just pull the lever back one notch from 4lo and you have 2lo. It makes turning with a non-selectable locker upfront on the trail much easier.
Now I can see it, won't have to stop and let all gears stop just for a corner. What's this cost.

Unread 11-03-2011, 07:59 AM   #5293
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biebs53 View Post
Bout a week ago
Oh, good, I'm not the youngest ZJ on here. I'm at about 119,825 and climbing. At this point, that's exactly 20k miles since I bought it in late January 2010.
comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-03-2011, 08:15 AM   #5294
TRAVASS
1996 ZJ 

My driver side door is really pissing me off. Suddenly within the last 2 days it is sagging like all hell. I have to lift and slam it closed then why I reopen it the inside of the door is catching and pulling on the pillar. So I know what I get to do. I can't afford new hinges right now (as bad as that sounds) so I'm going to try and pull then off and straighten them out... Wish me luck!

Hopefully this is possible...
TRAVASS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-03-2011, 08:20 AM   #5295
somebody5788
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAVASS View Post
My driver side door is really pissing me off. Suddenly within the last 2 days it is sagging like all hell. I have to lift and slam it closed then why I reopen it the inside of the door is catching and pulling on the pillar. So I know what I get to do. I can't afford new hinges right now (as bad as that sounds) so I'm going to try and pull then off and straighten them out... Wish me luck!

Hopefully this is possible...
The pins wear out, you cannot straighten anything. I think pins are cheap as dirt.. should be able to afford them. Checked, rockauto has a pin and bushing kit for $4.17

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.