Today, I got my salvage ZJ a little further along. I have my salvage inspection on Wednesday morning, and it's ready for the inspection. There are lots of other things that need attention still, and today I got a few more things ticked off my list.
Changed the oil. YUK. The oil in there from before I got the ZJ was NAAAASTY. I may have to do some early oil changes or at least filter changes to be sure I get all the gunk out.
Installed new cap, rotor, wires and plugs. The plugs that were in there looked OK, but I replaced them with some double-platinums to try to get a bit better spark, and therefore better fuel economy (hopefully)
Put new rear shocks on. Still need to do the fronts, but I ran out of time. Boy, shocks on these things are EASY. My Miata has factory coilovers, and it's a big job (4 hours for an experienced wrench like me), and the rears were cake! The driver front looks to be a bit of a challenge, but compared to getting at the shock bolts of the driver rear on a Miata, this looks simple.
Tracked down some electrical gremlins in the liftgate. I need to order some new bits and pieces (sensors) for back there, but at least I don't have to worry about the dome lights turning on in the middle of the night.
I've got lots of parts on the way, including new lift cylinders for the liftgate and the glass, catback exhaust, new o2 sensors, air filter, PCV valve and some other miscellaneous parts.
Woo! I can't wait until Wednesday! Then I can put plates on it and drive this sucker!
got the external speaker for the CB hooked up. Fab'ed an antenna mount. Got a few finishing touches left and throw some pics out later. Still waiting on the stabilizer shock to show up it was only Thursday when I ordered it, so it should be here first of the week (must be patient).