Fixed a few annoying items this weekend:
1. Removed the rear driver's side power lock / door latch assembly. Replaced it with junkyard pull. Before, I could open the door from the inside and out, but the lock wouldn't actuate. After, I the lock actuated fine but the outside handle wouldn't open the door... and because I had tripped the child safety lock while installing, I couldn't get the door open!
Fortunately, a credit card slipped in between the door and the body trim from the inside made short work of the child safety lock. There is a tiny torx head bolt inside the latch mechanism that I adjusted and finally the door would open from the outside.
2. Replaced rear glass lift arms, and one of the rear hatch lift arms. I wanted to replace both hatch lifts, but one of the stupid, retarded tapered star bit bolts wouldn't budge and of course I rounded it off so I can't get it out now. One lift arm did the trick though.... sucker stays up by itself finally.
Now, a year after buying this Heep I finally have four working power door locks, four working power windows, a working rear hatch that actually opens, with a power lock, and rear hatches that stay up.
I also finally figured out why my rear washer nozzle wouldn't squirt... there's a little blue check valve behind the headliner a few inches inboard from the nozzle... it was gummed up shut and had a few inches of gummy, lumpy nast crap backed up behind it.
When I took the valve out to clean it and gave the washer a good squirt, all the backed up goo came oozing and sputtering out... all green and congealed looking... made me think of something you'd see in one of the Alien movies.
Also replaced my front and rear sway-bar bushings... thanks Kolak! Stability in cornering is greatly improved!!