What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 33 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 10-17-2010, 06:44 PM   #481
skott1576

Quote:
Originally Posted by csouers View Post
How do you "mis-place a driveshaft"? Are you sure he didn't pull the shaft because the VC is shot? Guess you'll figure that out when you get one in!

Post pics now, ya hear.
He said his dad threw it out when he was cleaning up the garage. Pics will be up asap. I plan on a 242 swap in the very near future. Been looking for a 5.9 for the last 8 months. This one was up on craigslist in the spring for $3000. I just happened to still have his number, and gave him a call.

skott1576 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2010, 09:35 PM   #482
Obie95Sahara
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 586ZJ View Post
I had almost given up on my Jeep for something more practical without issues. But I have never had a practical vehicle, I have let all of the small issues get the best of me, and I love my ZJ lol.

This week I moved my hi-lift jack from its mounting point where the front bumper was to the roof rack (want to replace the front bumper), Painted up some of the trim bezels that were peeling, undercoated the floorboards, and wired in and installed my Mopar Autometer gauges... more to come!

Where is the speedo in this setup? I can only make out the RPM gauge.... What other gauges are there?
Obie95Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2010, 09:43 PM   #483
needspeed
1998 ZJ 

Changed Diff oils, transfer case fluid, fixed the bad coolant sensor alarm, (soldered the VIC) washed under carriage and sprayed with sound deadening under coating. Greased the steering, checked the wheel bearings, washed and waxed.
needspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2010, 09:59 PM   #484
Baja
1997 ZJ 

Changed water pump, lower rad hose, thermostat & thermostat housing.
Unread 10-18-2010, 01:11 AM   #485
leefhead
1998 ZJ 

got stuck a few days ago, had to leave it overnight and get pulled out by my buddys TJ

YouTube - Derek towing my jeep out of the clay.

Once it was out, my headlights were broken, as well as all the tabs on the bumper and grill. Alternator didnt want to work. Didnt want to stay running with the air filter on (im assuming due to low voltage). Had to tow it home. Once home, i smacked the alternator around like a 2cent whore, started working again. stayed running with the air filter on. Checked all the fluids, everything was good. Went wheeling again that same night. Got stuck again for about 15 minutes. Once i woke up the next morning i checked all my fluids...oil was good, transmission fluid was

so i flushed it with dextron 3. Ran fine for about a day, then started slipping. Found out that i was supposed to use ATF+4, so i pulled the pan, cleaned out the pan and the magnet. No chunks, but lots of shavings. Im assuming that its never been serviced over the 276,000 km's on it. So far the tranny still isnt working...can rev the engine to the moon and only thing that happens is the body moves side to side from the torque.
leefhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2010, 09:49 AM   #486
Osboy1
1998 ZJ 

Fixed a few annoying items this weekend:

1. Removed the rear driver's side power lock / door latch assembly. Replaced it with junkyard pull. Before, I could open the door from the inside and out, but the lock wouldn't actuate. After, I the lock actuated fine but the outside handle wouldn't open the door... and because I had tripped the child safety lock while installing, I couldn't get the door open!

Fortunately, a credit card slipped in between the door and the body trim from the inside made short work of the child safety lock. There is a tiny torx head bolt inside the latch mechanism that I adjusted and finally the door would open from the outside.

2. Replaced rear glass lift arms, and one of the rear hatch lift arms. I wanted to replace both hatch lifts, but one of the stupid, retarded tapered star bit bolts wouldn't budge and of course I rounded it off so I can't get it out now. One lift arm did the trick though.... sucker stays up by itself finally.

Now, a year after buying this Heep I finally have four working power door locks, four working power windows, a working rear hatch that actually opens, with a power lock, and rear hatches that stay up.

I also finally figured out why my rear washer nozzle wouldn't squirt... there's a little blue check valve behind the headliner a few inches inboard from the nozzle... it was gummed up shut and had a few inches of gummy, lumpy nast crap backed up behind it.

When I took the valve out to clean it and gave the washer a good squirt, all the backed up goo came oozing and sputtering out... all green and congealed looking... made me think of something you'd see in one of the Alien movies.

Also replaced my front and rear sway-bar bushings... thanks Kolak! Stability in cornering is greatly improved!!
Osboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2010, 11:21 AM   #487
GuessWho
1997 ZJ 

In-Dash XM Radio

Finished and installed my In-Dash XM dock.

I'm not a fan of having GPS, XM, Radar, etc. up on the dash so:

Pulled the VIC, and made a (very high tech) mock-up housing for the dock out of Card board and Duct Tape. Took that and made it out of sheet metal. simply L brackets to mount onto the same points as the old VIC, paint, and its in... Nice and clean in my opinion.
Aux Cable up to the head unit and hard wired the power into the radios fuse so its on an aux power.

Slight void space above the radio unit itself so that it can be slid up when plugging it in or out, this way I can use it in the car, or home...

Before, During, After:

(upside down)

Unread 10-18-2010, 01:44 PM   #488
586ZJ
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obie95Sahara View Post
Where is the speedo in this setup? I can only make out the RPM gauge.... What other gauges are there?
My speedo is my GPS and the fuel gauge is my overhead console lol
586ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2010, 06:39 PM   #489
impulsebyer
1998 ZJ 

used a coat hanger to fix my exhaust.... hehe new exhaust reasons that had nothing to do with me and my need to use a sawsall.
impulsebyer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2010, 11:54 AM   #490
MuddSlutt
2001 WJ 

Installed complete sound system, Kenwoor headunit, Kicker door speakers, Eclipse amp, and Orian 12" sub.

Unread 10-19-2010, 06:51 PM   #491
LeCoq
1999 WJ 

My front right door speaker is blown...I'll need to replace it soon. How hard was it to take the door panel off?
Unread 10-19-2010, 07:21 PM   #492
birddogin
1998 XJ Cherokee 

put on a new muffler and a couple decals this weekend its getting new plugs sumit 8mm wires cap and roter and a MSD coil

Unread 10-19-2010, 09:31 PM   #493
skott1576

Picked up my 5.9. Registered her. Did a little bit of cleaning, and gave her a new set of brakes all around.
skott1576 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2010, 11:55 PM   #494
Steve693
1997 ZJ 

Got my new soft top installed today. Looking forward to not getting rained on anymore
Steve693 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2010, 12:03 AM   #495
ZJ5point2GCL
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuessWho View Post
Finished and installed my In-Dash XM dock.

I'm not a fan of having GPS, XM, Radar, etc. up on the dash so:

Pulled the VIC, and made a (very high tech) mock-up housing for the dock out of Card board and Duct Tape. Took that and made it out of sheet metal. simply L brackets to mount onto the same points as the old VIC, paint, and its in... Nice and clean in my opinion.
Aux Cable up to the head unit and hard wired the power into the radios fuse so its on an aux power.

Slight void space above the radio unit itself so that it can be slid up when plugging it in or out, this way I can use it in the car, or home...

Before, During, After:

(upside down)

wow nice work, i ve go the same receiver up on my windshield, but i really like that. like you said, ive got my xm, gps, radar, and some times my phone up there, so theres not much window left to look out.

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.