What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 300 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

8.8 Swap Kit w/ TRUSS for Jeeps~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFF

Unread 09-30-2011, 02:20 PM   #4486
sabzz
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZJ View Post
Sabzz, I think you have a little crack..

---------------------
Rear Uppers just showed up. Got them off some dude from Ebay. Never heard of the company, but I figured I would try them. Got them for $124

Small one

Unread 09-30-2011, 03:10 PM   #4487
MAUSS
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Sabzz, I think you have a little crack..
I had my windshield replaced last month... 3 foot crack. Only cost $50 after the insurance.
Unread 09-30-2011, 05:11 PM   #4488
sabzz
1998 ZJ 

Mines all the way across the windshield. + i only have liability. I'm probably going to get it replaced sometime soon though.
Unread 09-30-2011, 05:13 PM   #4489
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

body work

Unread 09-30-2011, 06:33 PM   #4490
PurpleZJ
1996 ZJ 

WTF are you doing lol
1996 ZJ- 4.0, [COLOR="Purple"]AX-15 5SPD/NP242[/COLOR], RE 4.5" lift, 36x12.50x16.5 Goodyear military surplus tires, Longarms/Tri-4 link/one ton axle build/swap in progress, arb bumper, a bunch of other goodies
1995 XJ- 4.0 HO, ax-15(stolen for swap), stock
2001 GMC Sonoma-RIP...
2002 GMC Sierra 1500 ECSB-roadtrip/long haul vehicle
[CENTER][COLOR="Blue"]RIP Troy (bigbluezj94) you wont be forgotten[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Purple"]December 2010 GCOTM[/COLOR]

5spd ZJ Club Member 001
[/CENTER]

[QUOTE=bddisi;6376248]Glad you are ok. If you were a cat, you would be down to 8.:D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Greengc4x4;10782815]Everything looks great, Hellen Keller! :D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=rritch;10960201]plastic + Fuel + Ignition = "Bubba wake up this is gonna be good" :rofl:[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Purple"]RIP William Anthony Kolich(DAD)
you were the best father i could have wished for. I'll always miss you
04/28/58-2/13/11[/COLOR][/CENTER]
PurpleZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2011, 06:38 PM   #4491
1stblack97ZJ
1997 ZJ 

good day at the junkyard. we got the tensioner pully and idle pully for the suburban, and then got the drivers side tow hook bracket for the jeep also found a "JEEP" trailer hitch plug and a camoflauge trunk mat fitted for a ZJ I spend a total of 12 bucks on those three items....

pics!!!

floor mat:

Puttin stuff back in:

2" hitch receiver 3/4" shackle that I bought:

trailer hitch plug:

tow hook and bracket:

Plenty of lights
1stblack97ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2011, 06:40 PM   #4492
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleZJ View Post
WTF are you doing lol
lol hatch had rust all down the bottom and started coming up on the outside so i sanded it all down to metal and im painting it now. door was rusty on the inside on the passengers side so wire wheeled that all off and painting it now..next up is under the hood again and then comes the bashed in drivers side rocker so i can fit the sliders
Unread 09-30-2011, 11:05 PM   #4493
TheMadMike
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Blew her up 2 days after installing a new transmission. Got really stuck and while trying to get out I snapped my 8,000LBs winch cable. While trying to get out I laid it over pretty far and starved the motor of oil. Looks like I spun a rod bearing.

Click video below
TheMadMike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2011, 01:31 AM   #4494
NW-XJ
1998 ZJ 

Tightly rewound my WARN winch.. then replaced all 4 ball joints and Warrantied my brand new akebono WJ calipers that were leaking..

Now i'm prepping for rocker replacements

Unread 10-01-2011, 08:49 AM   #4495
impulsebyer
1998 ZJ 

2 new Wheel bearings and 2 new axle shafts. I love this truck!! No matter how rusty and crusty it looks It always comes apart.
impulsebyer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2011, 01:49 PM   #4496
Gaara123
1997 ZJ 

Took off the front bumper fascia, installed my new rims & tires, and painted my grill black. Now I need some days that aren't wet and cold so I can dig into the steering system and drain the diffs.

My Build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/97-zj-my-rubicon-replacement-build-1261698/
Gaara123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2011, 07:26 PM   #4497
Erek.Smith
1995 ZJ 

Wow, this thread is wayyyyyyy better with pictures.

I replaced my license plate light and just recently cleaned out the cowl and painted my wiper arms. I had water dripping on my toes a few times during heavy rain, so I broke out the manual and this forum and tried fixing the problem myself.

Once I find some proper lights (as true backup lights), I'll install them in my rear bumper...
Essential gear for America's heroes
Erek.Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2011, 07:51 PM   #4498
mtbonia
1994 ZJ 

Finally found a throttle cable for my Jeep today! Haven't really driven it in probably six months lol.

On a side note also found out today that JeepForum has an android app. Surprisly runs faster on my phone then on the computer

And yes, this thread is better with pictures.
Unread 10-01-2011, 08:00 PM   #4499
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

drove to work and got pulled over, left the tape on my tail light haha whoops totally forgot. oh, and had to start it and let it idle so i could drive to work..ice on the windshield and it was cold lol..25 degrees this morning. not cold really but its been 75 for the past week or so so it was a difference.
Unread 10-01-2011, 08:15 PM   #4500
TheHalfWit
1995 ZJ 

Ran the wiring for my amp, managed to cram 4 gauge wiring through with the antenna. Not an experience I plan on repeating, but if I do it again I will remove the fender and do it. I did it with just the fender cover removed and it took a solid 4 hours.

On the plus side there's only about 2' of additional wiring in the engine bay, and it looks almost oem. I ran it through a grommet above the coolant puke tank, along the inside of the fender then in.

I'll probably up pics when I figure out how I'm going to mount my amp. Today was rainy and ****ty so I just ran the wiring, if I'm lucky tomorrow won't be as cruddy and I'll have some daylight to install my new speakers in.

Oh and I also installed a new instrument cluster, went from 155k to 297k in 15 minutes. And even with all the fancy poking with multimeters my coolant gauge isn't fixed : if I'm lucky this time its just the sensor, last time we took out the cluster, ohmsed the wiring, checked for ground etc. Gauge was bad, this time I hope its the sensor thats bad or I'm out 20 for the cluster. : (Everything else about the replacement cluster is working though, so its probably just that I broke the sensor last time when I disconnected it to use a t-pin to short the wiring to ground.)

If a week goes by without needing to replace something, pinch me because I must be dreaming.
TheHalfWit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.