Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#5,902 ·
niles6284 said:
Drove it so my brother and I could get these, he got the bigger one.
The Jeep is in the background :)
Ha. Your brothers is bigger, lol. Jk nice work man

#5,903 ·
^ A 5.9 with good tires isn't bad at all in the snow in 2wd. I rarely take my 242 out of 2wd until there's 4+ inches of snow on the ground. The LSD is the only reason it has traction at all. It just takes some practice, good reflexes to counter-steer when you start to get the tail out, and a smooth, very gentle right foot when taking off from a stop.
BFG Long Trail, pretty disappointing, especially in rain. And about that gentle right foot... :rofl:

#5,904 ·
Ha. Your brothers is bigger, lol. Jk nice work man
Thanks man I appreciate it, it made for a quick morning was out for maybe 20 minutes and then got mine, one shot around maybe 45 yards, then went on and my brother got his. "slap on head" I shoulda waited ha ha. Was an awesome hunt though.

#5,906 ·
Slipped and slid my way home from work, a 50 mile trip on the icy interstate going 65 mph. Three times I was certain I was going to die. Less than a mile from home I was run off the road by a pick-up truck hogging the middle of the road and got stuck in two feet of snow. Tried digging the snow out from under and around the tires but the left tires were on icy pavement and just spun.

To make things worse, I was pulled out by a woman driving a Mercury Mountaineer with AWD and a trailer hitch. My only defense to my man card was I provided the recovery straps and gave her instructions on how to pull me out and was successful :D

Time for a LSD! And snow tires.

#5,907 ·
Slipped and slid my way home from work, a 50 mile trip on the icy interstate going 65 mph. Three times I was certain I was going to die. Less than a mile from home I was run off the road by a pick-up truck hogging the middle of the road and got stuck in two feet of snow. Tried digging the snow out from under and around the tires but the left tires were on icy pavement and just spun.

To make things worse, I was pulled out by a woman driving a Mercury Mountaineer with AWD and a trailer hitch. My only defense to my man card was I provided the recovery straps and gave her instructions on how to pull me out and was successful :D

Time for a LSD! And snow tires.
Time to update your sig now its a bit false.

#5,908 ·
Did more work to my new KOR roof rack, this is the second time I had it mounted on my jeep.
Been cleaning up the welds, filled in some places like under the light mounting brackets to help stop wind noise.
There had been wind noise between 55 and 60 mph, no more. I do still get some noise when it's windy with cross winds blowing, but very little.

Only received 2 lights, weighting for 2 more to arrive. Also need to make up some small spacers and get longer bolts for the lights.

Have a little more welding to do tomorrow for clamps that will be used to hold 3/8 plastic tubing (air brake line) that the wiring will run inside of. Then it's ready for power coating.
For the power coating, I'm trying to decide on Low Gloss Black or Silver-Black Hammer (gray black speckled)

#5,910 ·
Have a little more welding to do tomorrow for clamps that will be used to hold 3/8 plastic tubing (air brake line) that the wiring will run inside of. Then it's ready for power coating.
For the power coating, I'm trying to decide on Low Gloss Black or Silver-Black Hammer (gray black speckled)
Great looking Jeep. I'd go with the hammered grey. I think the contrast between that and the Jeep would look good.

#5,912 ·
Passenger's side shock bolt stuck like a biatch. I tried vice grips, just spun on the grips, late night thinking says cut the shock shaft in half and pop it through the top. Forgot about the upper bushings. Now trying jb blast and vice grips on so hard my palm made a popping noise putting them on hahaha. Praying this works or I am going to have to drill both sides of the nut and split the nut in half.

#5,916 ·
I put 8 lbs of boost thru my 4.0 today. It felt amazing! Until the fuel management unit took a crap. Damn it!