Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#54,621 ·
Whoops.. Somehow this happened. Bought me another 5.9, 2800€ (about the same in USD) 140k miles, has OEM 5.9 wheels (along with the horrible 20" wheels in picture).

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Tire Car

#54,623 ·
Whats wrong with it, thats cheap for a niner?
ATC module not receiving power, fuses are good and I tested the module from my original 5.9 which I know works - nothing. So I gotta do some diagnosing to figure out what's the cause. It's not really driveable in winter conditions without the HVAC system not working.

Other than that, it's in fairly good shape. Needs a bit of work here and there, but for the price I have to say it was a good deal.

#54,624 ·
Just had transmission rebuilt. Finally driving and shifting smoothly. Also programmed two RKE fobs. I haven't had a working fob in several years, since I had to replace passenger door module. Programmed using a Thinkcar Minni 2 scan tool. I had to buy one year subscription to Jeep OEM software ($49) to get the special functions and bidirectional capability.

#54,626 · (Edited)
Oops-forgot to update...Finally Had t case rebuilt. VC was toast, of course.

Front d-shaft finally back in and I'm 4WD again! Welp, RWD and sideways in the rain was nice while it lasted!

Decided to retain 249 because easy button and have big HP plans in the future(maybe some day 408) and the desert race trucks run this case. If I have to do another vc down the line so be it.. Case got new(actually rebuilt locally I believe) VC, new chain and bearings of course. Apparently the Ironman 4x4 engine mounts were a ***** to get in. But they are in-all 3. I'm glad I paid someone to do it!

Vibes a plenty but I expected that. Tired of garbage stock replacements breaking. I had mechanic check engine compression for kicks-all good. Was running kinda funky for a while after the Hughes intake/new injectors/billet rails/braided hose/plugs/wires/cap/rotor/1.7 HS rockers/ MP valve covers were all installed a while back.

Not sure why but running pretty good now. Think the ecu just took it's sweet time relearning I guess. My stock power steering pump came back from lee power steering all rebuilt and with an extended AN fitting for running braided lines along with an inline filter. I'll mount the pump to the billet bracket I just picked up. Can't wait to get it mounted and launch that new LARES brand garbage whining pump straight into the dumpster! Never buy Lares pumps-garbage! My old one was dead quiet- I only replaced it because leaking-sure hope it's still quiet. You can hear me a coming a mile away with this whining lares trash pump. I literally can't hear my exhaust it's so loud.

Reactions: Timo_90xj
#54,630 ·
Where the hell are the V8 selections? I tow a decently sized boat and a V6 is not going to cut it.
You might want to pop the hood and try finding a V6. I can guarantee you're not gonna find one.

#54,631 ·
So, not what I'm doing, but what's getting done. After looking at this for over 5 years, finally getting it fixed. Will post after pics when I get it back.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Got it back yesterday. Pleased how it came out. We'll it won't let me upload pics

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

#54,632 ·

Attachments

#54,634 ·
I froze in my ZJ today. The heater just doesn't keep up with this weather.
Vehicle Motor vehicle Measuring instrument Display device Electronic device

#54,635 ·
I froze in my ZJ today. The heater just doesn't keep up with this weather.
I've had my ZJ in similar temps a few times. It definitely keeps you warm(ish), as long as the HVAC system is operating as it came from the factory. That being said, ZJ heater isn't gonna let you drive in a t-shirt and shorts, but having normal winter gear on you should be able to remove your jacket, gloves and hat ;)

#54,636 ·
My guess is that the heater core on the 95 is partially plugged. The 98 puts out more heat. But yeah, you don’t freeze to death, but it ain’t warm either.

Reactions: Timo_90xj