Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#52,501 ·
This reply shows the new and old Mopar J0687 550 radiator grommets for my ZJ.

This reply shows my cleaned / painted radiator support and tow hook parts.
TY for the part number (I have been having a hard time finding it), but for the love of Cthulhu, there has got to be an aftermarket solution - $40 with shipping for two pieces of rubber is absurd.

#52,503 ·
Today I got rid of the VIC, and replaced it with window switches. The wiring to my doors is not getting power, so instead of chasing the wiring mess all the way through, I eliminated them. Used 2 DPDT Switches so I have windows up and down for the front two. I'll be doing the back to in a week or so, whenever I decide to do them.

Attachments

#52,504 ·
Got my rear bumper on, wasn't a fan of the way it's mounted to the frame brackets so I welded it.

Any of y'all got pics of your trimmed rear corners? I cut a little bit of metal off but didn't take too much. The bottom part under red line doesn't look like it's gonna be an issue cutting it off, it only has the one piece tying into the uniframe rail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#52,506 ·
Today I got rid of the VIC, and replaced it with window switches. The wiring to my doors is not getting power, so instead of chasing the wiring mess all the way through, I eliminated them. Used 2 DPDT Switches so I have windows up and down for the front two. I'll be doing the back to in a week or so, whenever I decide to do them.
The window switches came stock like that on the PT cruiser. They were on the floor on the middle for the rear passengers..

#52,507 ·
Any of y'all got pics of your trimmed rear corners? I cut a little bit of metal off but didn't take too much. The bottom part under red line doesn't look like it's gonna be an issue cutting it off, it only has the one piece tying into the uniframe rail
I trimmed up to the bottom of uniframe height, left the diagonal supports in and welded in tube & steel plate. This was done in 2011, concept has proven very good & effective. I've been rear-ended four times, and I've dropped the rear multiple times down from rock ledges when wheeling. Zero damage.

#52,509 ·
Did the horseshoe intake swap on my 95 4.0 5spd grand Cherokee I port matched it to the intake gasket was definitely worth doing this swap it really woke the motor up. Only paid 35 for the intake power steering pump and bracket.
Do you have any pictures of the gasket matching? What tool(s) did you use?

What brand gasket did you use? I've read that Fel-Pro gaskets already match the intake size.

#52,511 ·
Very funny, but don't give up your day job for a comedy career...

The TSB, when properly implemented, will not prevent the vehicle from starting.
Funny things is...I'm a mechanic for my day job lol

Maybe I worded it funny because we are on the same page. But if it was unclear...
What I meant was I did NOT implement the TSB and it ran so horribly it wouldn't start. AFTER implementing it, it ran just fine and has for almost 10 years [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#52,512 ·
Finishing up my air box for my jeep sealed up just gotta make sure its actually gonna fit in the engine bay. One way or another ill make it fit. My snorkel is tied into the stock air box that I screwed the lid on it works but wanna make it better.

Attachments

#52,516 ·
Found another gem on eBay.

I already have a 231 shifter gate I picked up a couple years ago on CL for $10.

Now I just need to go pull the ZJ 231 at the junkyard to turn into a 231 HD. The shifter bezel was broken beyond recognition in the ZJ but it most definitely has a 231.

Attachments

#52,518 ·
Found another gem on eBay.

I already have a 231 shifter gate I picked up a couple years ago on CL for $10.

Now I just need to go pull the ZJ 231 at the junkyard to turn into a 231 HD. The shifter bezel was broken beyond recognition in the ZJ but it most definitely has a 231.
Wow, that is MINT. New old stock?

#52,519 ·
Wow, that is MINT. New old stock?
It must be. It is absolutely immaculate. The listing says new other and the description it says OE new take off.

It really looks like it was never installed. The brushes aren't pushed apart where the shifter would sit in 2WD like every 242 bezel I've seen.

I have it wrapped up and sitting safely in storage.

I cant decide what was a better deal for ~$30 - This or the NOS Mopar fan clutch for max cooling / tow package that was also $30.

#52,520 ·