Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#51,924 ·
As I sat at a red light and watching steam come out of the hood wondering what on earth it could be now?? Turns out Oreillys thermostat gaskets disintegrate after 2.5 years.. Had a roll of Fel Pro 3046 laying around and made my own. Cut two and doubled it up. Should hold right?
How is the corrosion on the mating surfaces?

GW

#51,925 ·
As I sat at a red light and watching steam come out of the hood wondering what on earth it could be now?? Turns out Oreillys thermostat gaskets disintegrate after 2.5 years.. Had a roll of Fel Pro 3046 laying around and made my own. Cut two and doubled it up. Should hold right?
Gasket is made to seal metal|gasket|metal, not metal|gasket|gasket|metal. Be prepared for leaks.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

#51,926 ·
Gasket is made to seal metal|gasket|metal, not metal|gasket|gasket|metal. Be prepared for leaks.

Ah shoot. I hear what you're saying, but what if I put the torque wrench on it periodically to make sure nothing loosens up? I cut it about 1/8" wider on the outside if it matters. The fel pro rubber/cork seemed much better quality than the Murray paper..

#51,929 ·
4.0 - ordered spark plugs

5.9 - ordered brake line tubing, bleeder valves, spark plugs (2 sets - half off after rebate), plug wires, distributor cap+rotor, ignition coil, intake to throttle body gasket, throttle body to manifold gasket, and a pair of door cylinders+keys

My day will be spent cleaning out the garage to make room for the Niner. That means I'll need to clean off the porch to put some things...and organize the basement...how did I get so much crap?

Update

Empty and then filled.

Tight fit, but juuust enough room to work. Sure was fun backing it with no brakes.

Can't wait to start working on her.

#51,932 ·
Those late-90's -early 2000's Lexus- style taillights make me puke no matter if they're on a stock Lexus IS200 or any other vehicle ever manufactured anywhere on this planet. Whoever came up with the idea of that taillight style should be shot in the head and buried deep into a pile of garbage :D

#51,933 ·
Those late-90's -early 2000's Lexus- style taillights make me puke no matter if they're on a stock Lexus IS200 or any other vehicle ever manufactured anywhere on this planet. Whoever came up with the idea of that taillight style should be shot in the head and buried deep into a pile of garbage :D
[emoji23] Would you even notice them on this?

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

#51,935 ·
I don't think I have ever seen any vehicle of any kind where those actually look good or don't look completely out of place.

Especially the chrome ones, those look so cheap and tacky.

I remember some rich kid back in high school, who got a (at the time) A BRAND NEW S197 Shelby Mustang GT for his birthday and the first thing he did was put those stupid chrome atezza / euro-style taillights on it....most cringeworthy thing I have ever witnessed.

The traumatic nightmare and horror of the sight of that still haunts me to this day, like a bad case of PTSD, whenever someone mention or shows me a picture of those Atezza / Euro-style taillights on any vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#51,936 ·
I don't think I have ever seen any vehicle of any kind where those actually look good or don't look completely out of place.

Especially the chrome ones, those look so cheap and tacky.

I remember some rich kid back in high school, who got a (at the time) A BRAND NEW S197 Shelby Mustang GT for his birthday and the first thing he did was put those stupid chrome atezza / euro-style taillights on it....most cringeworthy thing I have ever witnessed.

The traumatic nightmare and horror of the sight of that still haunts me to this day, like a bad case of PTSD, whenever someone mention or shows me a picture of those Atezza / Euro-style taillights on any vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Like a plus sized girl in yoga pants. Look away! Look away!

GW

Reactions: IMMORTEN