What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 257 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 08-25-2011, 01:40 PM   #3841
fr33zypop
1993 ZJ 

finished ordering parts today.

new center link
new moog tie rod end
energy suspension front sway bar bushing kit

Once I get these and the IRO HD tie rod, hub and posibble cv axle its going to be one long day.

also ordered a spring compressor so I don't need to keep renting one.

Unread 08-25-2011, 02:17 PM   #3842
torchd
1998 ZJ 

Replaced drivers side fog light

[b][color=red]2002 Trans Am[/b][/color]
Cam, Full Exhaust, Stock Heads, Stock LS6 Intake and Stock 10 bolt with 3.42s
[b]420 RWHP and 382 RWHTQ[/b]
torchd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2011, 02:34 PM   #3843
AppSt59Dave
2012 JK Wrangler 

Exploded spider gears in newly 4.10'd front D30.
Unread 08-25-2011, 03:11 PM   #3844
jPaul92
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbucket View Post
that has nothing to do with shocks!
When you're bouncing down the road with that load, it does. It pulled it just fine, braking was the only problem I had.
Unread 08-25-2011, 04:55 PM   #3845
StidgeInTN
1998 ZJ 

Bumper Removal by Tree!!!!!!
image-3135168160.jpg   image-3900423613.jpg  
StidgeInTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2011, 05:28 PM   #3846
mackiec2009
1996 ZJ 

Got her a fresh set of Champion Copper Plus Spark Plug! and trust me she needed it!
mackiec2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2011, 06:53 PM   #3847
Midnightluckey
1995 ZJ 

I was lazy, so my "wrenching" today was popping off the old 249 bezel and popping the new 242 one on. That counts, right?
95 Limited Chargold ZJ 5.2L -5.5" lift (IRO, Ironman, and RC parts), 33" BFG M/T's, 15x8 procomp crawlers, 242 swap, 2 12" subs, 1000w amp, cherry bomb, full skid package, Kevins rear stealth bumper clone w 3/4" D rings, Rlcwelding front bumper w 3/8" D rings, XRC-8, front tow hooks, 2 daylighter fairlead lights, 2 daylighter windsheild lights, 2 55w driving lights, OBA, Cobra 18 CB, dual 4' whips, RC disconnects, smittybuilt jack, optima yellowtop.
Built not bought #512
Midnightluckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2011, 07:40 PM   #3848
tw43920
1995 ZJ 

Added HIDs new battery terminals and got the materials to start my cargo rack.
tw43920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2011, 07:42 PM   #3849
caligiuri87
1994 ZJ 

just picked up my new frontend. cuz my diff was busted. this one looks great. any suggestions how to clean it out real good? oil is almost down to paste shape of how its not bee nused but diff is great.
also soon see if i can mount the tc back up properly its hanging a bit and in the meantime look for a replacement tc.
stupid vc is busted i think and looks like a bearing busted or something front output is very loose. also planning replacing my rear seals and hope the very light whining sometimes goes away when the fluid ill stay in
caligiuri87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2011, 09:41 PM   #3850
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightluckey View Post
I was lazy, so my "wrenching" today was popping off the old 249 bezel and popping the new 242 one on. That counts, right?
Been there, done that. Those days will come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligiuri87 View Post
just picked up my new frontend. cuz my diff was busted. this one looks great. any suggestions how to clean it out real good? oil is almost down to paste shape of how its not bee nused but diff is great.
also soon see if i can mount the tc back up properly its hanging a bit and in the meantime look for a replacement tc.
stupid vc is busted i think and looks like a bearing busted or something front output is very loose. also planning replacing my rear seals and hope the very light whining sometimes goes away when the fluid ill stay in
Hmmm...cleaning...toothbrush and brake cleaner? (actually, that was closer to serious than facetious...it's always good to get it good and clean once, then maintain)
Best customer service in the states:

Best mod you'll ever do on ANY vehicle!!!!

FPKites is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2011, 06:00 AM   #3851
speedbucket
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPKites View Post
Hmmm...cleaning...toothbrush and brake cleaner? (actually, that was closer to serious than facetious...it's always good to get it good and clean once, then maintain)
wow, man of many languages.i could not understand the dialect of his post!
Unread 08-26-2011, 09:33 AM   #3852
iGotTheRunz
1998 ZJ 

Kolak - Thank you!

Received my Bilstein package from Kolak yesterday.

Took about 10 days but it was worth the wait.

Sent payment: August 14th
Received shocks: August 24th

Thanks again!

Mike
iGotTheRunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2011, 02:00 PM   #3853
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Does anyone else ever feel like screaming after you get out from under your Jeep? It seems like I find a new leak every time I'm under there. I changed my oil today, among other things, and it appears that the head gasket on the passenger side is leaking oil down the rest of the block. I knew my valve cover on that side was leaking a little oil, I'm hoping it's just that running completely down the side. I don't burn oil at all, nor does it mix into the coolant or vice versa. The spark plugs on the passenger side did have a little oil on them though... My transfer case is also leaking from the front and rear seals as well as the TC itself. On top of all that, I want to punch the engineer in the face who put the oil filter where it's at. I managed to keep myself and my driveway clean until I removed the oil filter since oil ran down all over the exhaust and missed my pan on the ground. /rant

I also changed the throttle body gasket and did all my spark plugs. The PO told me he had them changed at 60,000 miles. I shouldn't have believed him. I'm at 81,5xx now and they appeared to be original. The Jeep is now idling smoother and feels more responsive. It could idle a little smoother, but it's worlds better than what it was.

Tomorrow I'm going to attempt my control arms...all 8 of them. My goal is to get up at about 9, walk the dog, cut the grass, and spend about an hour tops doing all 8 arms. That's my goal. Unattainable? Most definitely. Am I setting myself up for failure? Undoubtedly. Will I successfully get them changed? That, my friends, only time will tell.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2011, 04:50 PM   #3854
RJSoAZ
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz
Does anyone else ever feel like screaming after you get out from under your Jeep? It seems like I find a new leak every time I'm under there. I changed my oil today, among other things, and it appears that the head gasket on the passenger side is leaking oil down the rest of the block. I knew my valve cover on that side was leaking a little oil, I'm hoping it's just that running completely down the side. I don't burn oil at all, nor does it mix into the coolant or vice versa. The spark plugs on the passenger side did have a little oil on them though... My transfer case is also leaking from the front and rear seals as well as the TC itself. On top of all that, I want to punch the engineer in the face who put the oil filter where it's at. I managed to keep myself and my driveway clean until I removed the oil filter since oil ran down all over the exhaust and missed my pan on the ground. /rant

I also changed the throttle body gasket and did all my spark plugs. The PO told me he had them changed at 60,000 miles. I shouldn't have believed him. I'm at 81,5xx now and they appeared to be original. The Jeep is now idling smoother and feels more responsive. It could idle a little smoother, but it's worlds better than what it was.

Tomorrow I'm going to attempt my control arms...all 8 of them. My goal is to get up at about 9, walk the dog, cut the grass, and spend about an hour tops doing all 8 arms. That's my goal. Unattainable? Most definitely. Am I setting myself up for failure? Undoubtedly. Will I successfully get them changed? That, my friends, only time will tell.
Make sure you torque those control arm bolts to spec and re check them. Those little mofos like to loosen up
96 ZJ - 4" Rough Country X Lift, JKS rear TB, JKS Quicker Discos, homebrew front bumper, KOR radiator support, IRO Belly Skid, IRO premium sliders, Upcountry Gas tank skid, 33x12.50R15 Good year Wrangler Duratracs, Cragar V-5 (3.75in BS )
Build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/rjs-96-zj-build-1125143/
RJSoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2011, 05:15 PM   #3855
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

I picked up two new torque wrenches yesterday and pulled the specs from my FSM. I think I'm ready to tackle it.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door latch

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.