Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#5,041 ·
got my push from a dodge dakota truck.
i noticed it in the yard and made my own :) looks the same not 100% but ah well paint is drying when i have it on tom i will post pics here :) have to do some proper mounting work underneath i did not thought bout that length so ill have to do some extra welding i suppose :)

oh! ands i hugged it today

#5,043 ·
well its been more of a week long project due to work and using a friends garage.

swapped out junk tuff country springs for IRO (rough country) springs
replaced f&R sway bar links (they broke trying to remove)
replaced drivers brake line (it broke lowering the axle)
swapped 249 for 242

today im swapping the cv yoke for a u-joint pinion yoke and hooking up linkage and changing all fluids.

gotta get it done befor snow drops.

JD

#5,044 · (Edited)
whered you get your roof rack.
I made it out of those cargo storage hitch things... i bought two and put them together.. then i cut out the middle so i can eventually put my spare.. on the front end of it.. i cut out the support and rewelded it- so it had an angle going towards the back... i did it all for around $100.00. a lot cheaper than buying something.

#5,045 ·
I made it out of those cargo storage hitch things... i bought two and put them together.. then i cut out the middle so i can eventually put my spare.. on the front end of it.. i cut out the support and rewelded it- so it had an angle going towards the back... i did it all for around $100.00. a lot cheaper than buying something.

looks great.. awesome idea..:2thumbsup:

#5,046 ·
I got F'ed in the A again by water coming in somewhere, somehow through my cowl. My VIC is going crazy, my airbag light is on, my blinker relay is clicking something fierce, and my blower works with the Jeep off. Damn it.

#5,047 ·
Please for the love of everything holy research getting the tapered pin out of the draglink! I made the mistake of doing everything wrong. I now have u-bolts holding mine on. I made a 20 minute job about 3 hours.
Thanks for the advice.

You don't need to hit the bolt itself, just the flat part of the drag link that it goes into. Several hard whacks and it will pop right out.
This was the direction i was planning on going.

#5,049 ·

That looks really good. How did you attach it?

#5,050 ·
PolkaPower said:
A pitman arm puller and some PB blaster will work also but ever since I discovered where to whack the suspension parts so they fall out it has been easy as pie.
Just make sure you dont mushroom the bolt by using a puller. Again, its smart to put the castle nut (or buy some cheap nuts with the same threads) on upside down and thread it a little. Use some penetrating oil and hit the crap out of it or use a puller

#5,051 ·
pics of my bar :) u can see in the pics how its pretty exposed on the sides. thinking of welding extension on it since i have the tubes for it and put a backplate behind in with slots in it. but any suggestion are welcome!!!!

last pic has some lettering on itXD oi get fun responses

Attachments

#5,057 ·
Changed the front and rear diff fluid... I changed it because I kinda forded a 2 foot river going across the road a couple of weeks back. The old fluid wasn't contaminated with water but it was still past its change date.

#5,059 · (Edited)
Sorry about that, read thru it too quick. I would like to know how he attached it also.
LOL... its all good! :cheers2: thats what this post is all about. i just used U-bolts and mounted it to the Stock running bars on the roof track.. i think you can see them on this picture.. if not i can get a better pic later.

Thanks of all the compliments. i really didn't know how it would look when i was done- jut figured it would be worth $100 if it did work. i then painted it with flat black paint.. (primer first) but i think it did alright.. its heavy.. my jack and shovel i think look decent on it. (getting a tire mounted soon)