Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#46,326 ·
So my zj had developed a terrible rattle especially when I first start it up and it quiets down after the engine warms up but never goes away. I'm leaning towards valve train

Sent from somewhere in the woods using my Note 5

#46,327 ·
So my zj had developed a terrible rattle especially when I first start it up and it quiets down after the engine warms up but never goes away. I'm leaning towards valve train

Sent from somewhere in the woods using my Note 5
You could try a thinner oil. Something like 5w-40 so it gets up and around the motor better at start.
My 5.9 got noisy in the cold on cold starts and a thinner oil at start up helped.

#46,329 ·
No, it's caused by worn out parts and/or bad castor.
Yeah, warn out parts and a bad alignment. I just meant that, apparently the load i put the jeep under while going into the 40mphs was enough to set off the death wobble to do its thing.

Believe it or not i usually treat the jeep like a lady. Yesterday was just a really bad day, my LCA's are on their way out soon though.

Waiting for my next check to order everything in one go.
Shipping gets intense on Rockauto but still cheaper than going to the parts store.

#46,331 ·
Question?: from the facelift between 95-96 they made a few changes to the exterior and alot to the interior. Its come to my conclusion that the pre 96 had the more solid fiber glass head liner (behind the fabric) and post 96 has the softer version.

Well, iv been post poning redoing my headliner for to long. When i went to check on it, apperantly someone snapped my soft headliner while putting christmas stuff back into the shed. Are the two different version compatable?

If so when i go get another one i want to grab a pre 96. I dont know if yall will know that or not, might have to find out myself at the junkyard.

#46,333 ·
Keeping my eyes open for HP30s on CL, since darn near 20" of snow would make the JY not so fun.

Once I find one of those and a 44a or 8.8, going to ditch the short arms for some long arms.

Just to anybody who reads this thread in the future, short arms suck on 4.5" lift, especially if it's your daily. Doesn't matter what shocks, coils, or CAs your running. So all in all, if your set on 4"+ to run your 33s, I would advise to stay away from short arms.

I am very excited to go to the JY soon.

#46,334 ·
Mudhawg ADD A QT OF LUCUS oil treatment in place of one QT of your motor oil . at your next oil change. & Don't use a Fram oil filter . I had a 2.9 V6 BRONCO II . It rattled bad I thought I'd surely loose the motor soon . Mine started at about 200K MILES ON THE MOTOR. I started adding Lucus each oil change & drove it onto 386K. & SOLD IT same motor. Lucus says it sticks to the parts better ... I'll say it sure did on mine .

#46,335 ·
Mudhawg ADD A QT OF LUCUS oil treatment in place of one QT of your motor oil . at your next oil change. & Don't use a Fram oil filter . I had a 2.9 V6 BRONCO II . It rattled bad I thought I'd surely loose the motor soon . Mine started at about 200K MILES ON THE MOTOR. I started adding Lucus each oil change & drove it onto 386K. & SOLD IT same motor. Lucus says it sticks to the parts better ... I'll say it sure did on mine .
I LOVED those bronco IIs when I was a kid. Sat in a few when they were sitting on the trains when they would come into st paul. They would forget to lock them occasionally :grin2:

#46,336 ·
Cut the front bumper off and all the sheetmetal out of the way. Next step is battery relocation and a full trim job.

Ordered two rear calipers for my 10.5 the fronts on the fidy are mint still so I'm leaving them and not giving a ****. After this I think I'm doing my t case and partying on.

I'm 3 bolts a good brake bleed and a few sawzall blades away from being done and ready to get my cage on.

#46,337 ·
Cut the front bumper off and all the sheetmetal out of the way. Next step is battery relocation and a full trim job.

Ordered two rear calipers for my 10.5 the fronts on the fidy are mint still so I'm leaving them and not giving a ****. After this I think I'm doing my t case and partying on.

I'm 3 bolts a good brake bleed and a few sawzall blades away from being done and ready to get my cage on.
Battery relocation whats that

Attachments

#46,338 ·
Battery relocation whats that
Something people do when they don't want their engine bay to look like a homeless person sleeps in it. Is that a jeep or a freeway underpass?