What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 2289 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

SYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 08-26-2014, 07:55 PM   #34321
EndIsNear
1993 ZJ 

Mine is out of castor too, but they can be adjusted a little more. But I just removed my driveshaft for the time being to eliminate the shaking.

EndIsNear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2014, 07:57 PM   #34322
CareyKimber
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndIsNear View Post
Just refilled the A/C with more dyed freon. Still haven't found the leak. Must be the evaporator core...

But I'm still having idle issues. Idle occasionally drops real low when in drive/reverse. Does anyone know if the O2 sensor on a 93 would play a role in how the 4.0 idles? That's like the only thing I haven't replaced, besides injector o-rings. Ignition and fuel systems are pretty much 100% replaced. I can't figure this crap out.
I had this issue with my 5.2 only thing that fixed this was to find a gas station that didnt sell crap gas. May be different for you but once I went 90octane (highest here in AK) from shell I dont sputter or randomly die. *Could also be old Gas cap*
Unread 08-26-2014, 08:00 PM   #34323
underpowered
Bouncin' on a Budget

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by big98tnzj View Post
The adjustable uppers are a must, but if you get lucky enough, he can set the rest of his caster with just the lowers.

Sent from the mtns of TN using JeepForum
I am confident i can do it with only the lowers. even it means having to cut them and shorten the arms themselves to allow myself a greater range of adjustability

2000 powerjoke tow pig

Anti-jeep--1989 K5 blazer. the new off road ride
underpowered is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2014, 08:02 PM   #34324
EndIsNear
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareyKimber View Post

I had this issue with my 5.2 only thing that fixed this was to find a gas station that didnt sell crap gas. May be different for you but once I went 90octane (highest here in AK) from shell I dont sputter or randomly die. *Could also be old Gas cap*
Yea I'll try a different gas station for a while. I also just replaced the cap within the last 10,000 miles with a locking cap after I did the TJ bezel conversion
Unread 08-26-2014, 08:38 PM   #34325
big98tnzj
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndIsNear View Post
Just refilled the A/C with more dyed freon. Still haven't found the leak. Must be the evaporator core...

But I'm still having idle issues. Idle occasionally drops real low when in drive/reverse. Does anyone know if the O2 sensor on a 93 would play a role in how the 4.0 idles? That's like the only thing I haven't replaced, besides injector o-rings. Ignition and fuel systems are pretty much 100% replaced. I can't figure this crap out.
Have you checked your vac lines? They can suck air and cause it to idle up and down when shifting from park to reverse or drive.

big98tnzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2014, 08:52 PM   #34326
EndIsNear
1993 ZJ 

Yea I tried that too. Couldn't find anything. This is the most annoying issue I've ever had...
Unread 08-26-2014, 09:00 PM   #34327
big98tnzj
1998 ZJ 

Have you checked your trans fluid? Mine started getting low and it dropped rpms occasionally then it died once because they dropped so low. It never gave any shift issues though.

big98tnzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2014, 05:21 PM   #34328
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Finally got around to changing the brakes and since my headlights came in while I was working on them, I put those on as well. I can finally lock the front brakes up on dry pavement, and the Jeep looks sexy doing it.

Check the before and after:

No doubt I need to realign them though. When I did this to the Laredo, it sent the beams way the hell up.

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2014, 08:08 PM   #34329
93ZJDave
1993 ZJ 

Finally grenaded the Dana 30 and had a brake caliper lock up or a hose collapse not sure yet didn't look into it. Gonna pic up a pair of 4.10 tj axles for 150 bucks gonna swap the front out and swap the 4.10s into my rear and finally add a locker to my jeep not that it needs it.
93ZJDave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2014, 08:27 PM   #34330
Roadtripguy
1996 ZJ 

Today I put a set of 5.9 leather front seats and a leather console lid into my 96 Laredo. Yesterday I did the back seats and door panels (including chrome handles). It's coming out VERY nice.

I still have to swap the Chrome shifter, leather shift handle, transfer case handle, and emergency brake handle. I'll try to scare up another wood grain shifter bezel, as my extra one is JUNK. I have my eye on eBay for a nice one.

Fixing the latch on the leather console lid was a royal PITA today, but I figured out how to do it.

I also plan on swapping out the mirror guts in my Laredo so the memory mirrors work. I plan on cleaning out the potentiometers before I do the actual swap, as to hopefully head off any problems.

I'll tackle adding heated and memory seats prolly next spring, or maybe sooner if I can find a source for the metal crimp on wire connectors needed for the seat plugs.
Roadtripguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2014, 03:20 AM   #34331
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC View Post
Finally got around to changing the brakes and since my headlights came in while I was working on them, I put those on as well. I can finally lock the front brakes up on dry pavement, and the Jeep looks sexy doing it.

Check the before and after:

No doubt I need to realign them though. When I did this to the Laredo, it sent the beams way the hell up.

Do you guys cut the grass down there in Texas? I'd say you're about due.
ejschultz is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2014, 03:22 AM   #34332
kg6mov
Hears the voices

1996 ZJ 

He's too busy arguing on JF to cut the grass. Priorities man!

"Whats wrong with a PT Cruiser?"
"Coulda had a V8!"

96 build thread

Niner build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1 View Post
I heard someone yell "mall crawler" from the back porch. I'll go see who said that. Be right back.
kg6mov is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2014, 08:28 AM   #34333
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
Do you guys cut the grass down there in Texas? I'd say you're about due.
The problem with grass here is it won't grow for several weeks, then you'll get a rain storm and 3 days later it'll be up to your knees for no reason.

The other problem with grass here is, my dad insists our 7 year old $100 walmart mower is just fine, even though it hardly wants to start and is trying to shake itself to pieces. (and yes, we have replaced the blade- that's not the issue) And what with owning a Jeep and working on a parts guy salary, I can't afford to get us a working mower.

On the upside, I did get my headlights aimed. **** is so cash.

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2014, 10:23 AM   #34334
zte87
2.5 POWER!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Rewired my amp with with true 4 gage wire (JL audio) and upgraded to a ported box!
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1272253/

94 jeep zj bb lift, 31-10.50-15 toyo at2s, magnaflow exhaust!
zte87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2014, 12:10 PM   #34335
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mljwD...ature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mljw...ature=youtu.be

made a decent video

now that its broken in i can get full x max !

also i put on 2 layers of yellow tint to the stock fog lights

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.