What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 2254 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 07-28-2014, 09:51 PM   #33796
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Hey, didn't McCloud own a Lexus one time?

I'd rock an SC400.

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-28-2014, 09:52 PM   #33797
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg6mov View Post
You know this is a jeep forum not a lexus forum right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCloudsZJ View Post
Oooh!!! Siiick buuuuurn!!!!

Sent from my iPhone 9 using JeepForum
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCloudsZJ View Post
Speaking if RTV and ricerism, you're gonna get real mad when I put my chrome diff cover(s?) on.

Sent from my iPhone 9 using JeepForum
Quote:
suddenly my 15 '' subwoofer in a 5 cubic foot box tuned to 25.5 hz isnt so bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96_zj_laredo View Post
When I did my rear diff gasket I used black rtv and didn't have time to let it cure, it held for about 2 months and started leaking again. When I did my front diff I used black rtv and let it cute for an hour or so and it still leaked after. Maybe I just suck
use ultra copper
Unread 07-28-2014, 10:09 PM   #33798
Gearhead31
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 970001zj View Post

suddenly my 15 '' subwoofer in a 5 cubic foot box tuned to 25.5 hz isnt so bad
Dude, do you even have hearing left? You're already in a giant speaker box, that's just overkill! Badass, but still overkill. Get ready for the tinnitus to start setting in haha
[QUOTE=JasonStebbins]We can call it the Whoosh King Catalog System. :D[/QUOTE]
Gearhead31 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-28-2014, 10:15 PM   #33799
Gearhead31
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kali_jeep View Post

right on, doesn't sound all that bad ---- sure will make a nice project out of it, well unless i screw up
Yeah, it's pretty easy, just slow going when you get to scraping all the old stuff off. Maybe 40 min to take out and put back in. I took a regular house broom for most and then a tile floor scrub brush for the fine work to get the headliner clean. Easy as can be. then some blasts from the air compressor to clean it up before spraying it and off ya go. Hardest part is picking out the material haha
Unread 07-28-2014, 10:58 PM   #33800
kali_jeep
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead31 View Post
Yeah, it's pretty easy, just slow going when you get to scraping all the old stuff off. Maybe 40 min to take out and put back in. I took a regular house broom for most and then a tile floor scrub brush for the fine work to get the headliner clean. Easy as can be. then some blasts from the air compressor to clean it up before spraying it and off ya go. Hardest part is picking out the material haha
Only saw 2 different color with the eBay kits, will research some more....unless I just want to go same as is now, which probably will he best option unless they have materials that look like nice blue sky with some clouds
kali_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2014, 12:13 AM   #33801
Glued2aPost
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kali_jeep
Thinking its time to duct tape the headliner a bit, with open window is getting worse..... Any of you guys re-do your own? Looking into some options now but figured maybe someone here has some input....
I've done two. Joanne Fabrics sells headliner material and there's some specific 3M spray glue to use... Can't remember type but here's the video I watched on YouTube
YouTube (Short URL)
?start=" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

I liked the look of wrapping the headliner around the board and glueing and taping it. If you have a sunroof, the done light has two screws under the lenses. Pop those out with a flat head screw driver, then the unit slides out to the front or rear.
Unread 07-29-2014, 12:26 AM   #33802
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Dude, do you even have hearing left? You're already in a giant speaker box, that's just overkill! Badass, but still overkill. Get ready for the tinnitus to start setting in haha
its not that loud you can only feel it in your vehicle if im right next to you and at the moment its only getting 400 watts rms! but soon i am getting a 900 watt rms amp so it can be just as loud with the gain turned down

might be up grading to a wall at the c pillar and 3 15 '' subs soon there is never enough bass
Unread 07-29-2014, 12:37 AM   #33803
kali_jeep
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glued2aPost View Post
I've done two. Joanne Fabrics sells headliner material and there's some specific 3M spray glue to use... Can't remember type but here's the video I watched on YouTube
http://youtu.be/Vd1BCFRJUHI

I liked the look of wrapping the headliner around the board and glueing and taping it. If you have a sunroof, the done light has two screws under the lenses. Pop those out with a flat head screw driver, then the unit slides out to the front or rear.
Was thinking about that and that I wanted to go around the edges and fold over, that way it wouldn't be doing what it is now, with wind hitting it it moves it up.... Will try to watch the video on computer tomorrow, does not work on phone..... Also, you recommend going with a store like joaanes fabrics vs the eBay headliner materials?

And no sunroof, so one thing out the way....
Unread 07-29-2014, 06:43 AM   #33804
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
its not that loud you can only feel it in your vehicle if im right next to you and at the moment its only getting 400 watts rms! but soon i am getting a 900 watt rms amp so it can be just as loud with the gain turned down

might be up grading to a wall at the c pillar and 3 15 '' subs soon there is never enough bass
What's bass?

ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2014, 08:48 AM   #33805
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
What's bass?

these are bass
Unread 07-29-2014, 10:38 AM   #33806
Gearhead31
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kali_jeep View Post

Was thinking about that and that I wanted to go around the edges and fold over, that way it wouldn't be doing what it is now, with wind hitting it it moves it up.... Will try to watch the video on computer tomorrow, does not work on phone..... Also, you recommend going with a store like joaanes fabrics vs the eBay headliner materials?

And no sunroof, so one thing out the way....
The joanns fabric here has over 200 styles of cloth patterns; tie dye, camo, solids, polka dots, zebra stripes, animal faux furs, etc. It's one of their bigger stores tho, this is retiree central where i live haha
Unread 07-29-2014, 10:40 AM   #33807
Gearhead31
1995 ZJ 

Quote:

these are bass
I just took mine out a little while ago. Blew out the plexy on my bandpass box plus i needed the space. Gonna see about making a slim box and cram my crappy 12" back in there
Unread 07-29-2014, 10:58 AM   #33808
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

I love my bass. Problem is, it's gotta stay small in the ZJ so I can easily remove it for wheeling. My box in my car is rather permanently mounted where it's at.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2014, 11:05 AM   #33809
kali_jeep
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
The joanns fabric here has over 200 styles of cloth patterns; tie dye, camo, solids, polka dots, zebra stripes, animal faux furs, etc. It's one of their bigger stores tho, this is retiree central where i live haha
yeah, i might try to find a store like that.... be nice to see it in person when picking out
Unread 07-29-2014, 01:41 PM   #33810
Gearhead31
1995 ZJ 

Not to my ZJ but to my account here.. Tried updating my signature again... Is the 100 character limit only to the free accounts or are they all locked super small like that? Was there any special reason why they did that?

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.