What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 2220 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-06-2014, 11:11 PM   #33286
000shock
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glued2aPost
Tranny is easier to replace than that damn line.
I would almost prefer you lied to me then!

Unread 07-06-2014, 11:17 PM   #33287
Glued2aPost
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 000shock
I would almost prefer you lied to me then!
Lol. Sorry man. If you have a line wrench with a swiveling head it might not be that bad.
Unread 07-06-2014, 11:29 PM   #33288
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glued2aPost View Post
I was thinking about doing the same thing. If you beat me to it, I will buy a cup holder insert off you.
If I had enough money to buy some casting materials, I'd be all over it already. Gotta get some silicone and such.

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2014, 04:21 AM   #33289
Glued2aPost
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC
If I had enough money to buy some casting materials, I'd be all over it already. Gotta get some silicone and such.
Looked at casting materials too and compared to cost of buying a cup holder insert off ebay. Hopefully I'll have my insert by the end of the week!
Unread 07-07-2014, 07:20 AM   #33290
Midnightluckey
1995 ZJ 

Finally fixed the leaking transfer case. Timken transmission output and transfer case input seals and two bottles of ATF only cost me $25. Also changed the oil with a mopar filter and installed the drivers motor mount.
95 Limited Chargold ZJ 5.2L -5.5" lift (IRO, Ironman, and RC parts), 33" BFG M/T's, 15x8 procomp crawlers, 242 swap, 2 12" subs, 1000w amp, cherry bomb, full skid package, Kevins rear stealth bumper clone w 3/4" D rings, Rlcwelding front bumper w 3/8" D rings, XRC-8, front tow hooks, 2 daylighter fairlead lights, 2 daylighter windsheild lights, 2 55w driving lights, OBA, Cobra 18 CB, dual 4' whips, RC disconnects, smittybuilt jack, optima yellowtop.
Built not bought #512
Midnightluckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2014, 08:13 AM   #33291
AmishFury
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 970001zj View Post
check engine light? what check engine light?
AmishFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2014, 08:58 AM   #33292
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Looked at casting materials too and compared to cost of buying a cup holder insert off ebay. Hopefully I'll have my insert by the end of the week!
I'd have to sell around 4 or so to break even on materials and time, at just below used Mopar price. That's not terrible. Unlike some other things I've considered casting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishFury View Post
When I owned my Laredo, I thought it strange that my check engine light never came on. Eventually, I had to change some of the bulbs in the cluster because a couple burned out. So I pulled the cluster and found my CEL. Burned out. Probably for some time.

Unread 07-07-2014, 09:27 AM   #33293
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj2kj View Post
Just finished rebuild of the top end of my ZJ so had to add a little color - thought some Ferrari red might add some power - LOL.
Decided against turbo and supercharger as I can now get 18mpg @ 65-70mph despite the lift and larger tires - plus want it to last another 200k.
Wheeling where I want to go is more about gearing and traction than horsepower, so I am good.
Vehicle has traveled all over the US - planning trip to drive down to Panama. But first, finishing the interior redo.
Clean!

Sent from somewhere besides my computer

My 5.9 swap (in progress)

Want your zj to be doorless in 60 seconds?
Myusername1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2014, 11:15 AM   #33294
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishFury View Post
mandatory equipment for post 300,000 miles

really though i saw it wasnt on the other day so it must be broken or something much much worse
Unread 07-07-2014, 12:13 PM   #33295
kg6mov
Hears the voices

1996 ZJ 

God I'm tired of all the popping in my front end. I've got new steering linkage, new track bar, CA bushings seem good. I keep shake testing my balljoints and they seem ok? It still pops when turning, stopping, and during suspension travel so I don't think it's CV's, maybe it's more than one thing?

"Whats wrong with a PT Cruiser?"
"Coulda had a V8!"

96 build thread

Niner build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1 View Post
I heard someone yell "mall crawler" from the back porch. I'll go see who said that. Be right back.
kg6mov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2014, 12:22 PM   #33296
Nick05
1987 MJ Comanche 

put a junkyard master switch in the door since its supposed to rain tomorrow, now all windows work AND i can control the mirrors all for under $40
Nick05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2014, 01:57 PM   #33297
Glued2aPost
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC
I'd have to sell around 4 or so to break even on materials and time, at just below used Mopar price. That's not terrible. Unlike some other things I've considered casting. When I owned my Laredo, I thought it strange that my check engine light never came on. Eventually, I had to change some of the bulbs in the cluster because a couple burned out. So I pulled the cluster and found my CEL. Burned out. Probably for some time.
I need a new grill for my niner. Good ones go for $250, crappy ones go for $150. I've considered investing in a 3D printer and selling grills and other hard to find plastic parts.
Unread 07-07-2014, 02:03 PM   #33298
Gearhead31
1995 ZJ 

Found out how bad I need new shocks... Went on a grocery run, hit a bump and bottomed out so badly it broke a bottle of beer(why did it have to be the bud light, why couldn't it be the natural light?!?!).. That hurt both my pride and my kindness track with the old girl, I cringed so badly after it >_< probably doesn't help Im missing a bump stop.. I thought it could last a few months longer, but apparently not
[QUOTE=JasonStebbins]We can call it the Whoosh King Catalog System. :D[/QUOTE]
Gearhead31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2014, 04:01 PM   #33299
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
I need a new grill for my niner. Good ones go for $250, crappy ones go for $150. I've considered investing in a 3D printer and selling grills and other hard to find plastic parts.
3D printing parts that size is expensive as hell, as is shipping from Alaska. I don't think you can beat the price of legit units.

In other news, I'm 5 hours into wrenching on this Niner. I've got the plenum and passenger valve cover off. Four bolts remain holding the passenger side exhaust manifold on. I cannot reach any of them with tools I have available. Frustration is growing. I've also managed to jam my hand. Do not punch the underside of your hood in frustration.

I need to get this head off. I'm super hoping I have a leaky head gasket, because if I don't it's rings. That makes me a sad panda.

Unread 07-07-2014, 04:03 PM   #33300
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC View Post
3D printing parts that size is expensive as hell, as is shipping from Alaska. I don't think you can beat the price of legit units.

In other news, I'm 5 hours into wrenching on this Niner. I've got the plenum and passenger valve cover off. Four bolts remain holding the passenger side exhaust manifold on. I cannot reach any of them with tools I have available. Frustration is growing. I've also managed to jam my hand. Do not punch the underside of your hood in frustration.

I need to get this head off. I'm super hoping I have a leaky head gasket, because if I don't it's rings. That makes me a sad panda.
If it's rings, it's probably possible to re-ring the motor in the vehicle as long as the cylinder walls are in good shape. If not, find a good motor out of a junkyard 5.9 Dodge and swap it in (use the Jeep trans and it'll all bolt right up).
comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door latch

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.