What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 2200 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 06-20-2014, 06:49 PM   #32986
Glued2aPost
1998 ZJ 

Finally removed my cracked, sagging front bumper. Also, new tcase works really well

image-3158911408.jpg

Unread 06-20-2014, 07:00 PM   #32987
travisyoung

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg6mov
I did the same thing with my bellhousing cover. I missed the tendon though.
Thats what i was taking off the top bolt on the passenger side
travisyoung is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2014, 08:58 PM   #32988
kg6mov
Web Wheeler

1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisyoung View Post
Thats what i was taking off the top bolt on the passenger side
Bingo!

"Whats wrong with a PT Cruiser?"
"Coulda had a V8!"

96 build thread

Niner build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1 View Post
I heard someone yell "mall crawler" from the back porch. I'll go see who said that. Be right back.
kg6mov is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2014, 09:46 PM   #32989
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glued2aPost View Post
Let's crowd source a build! The servo is only $300...

http://www.servocity.com/html/heavy_...l#.U6PNqrK9LCQ
I like this idea! The goofy part is, I could buy a whole transfer case with less than 150k miles on it for half that price at my JY
Unread 06-20-2014, 11:31 PM   #32990
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Drove it on the highway for the first time in months. I need to align it again I think... All that wheeling has been taking a toll on everything. I think I also decided I'm going to throw a BB on top of my lift and run it with short arms. Why? I just don't care anymore, that's why. Then I'm gonna start shopping around for 33s. My 31s, although Duratracs have proven to be an awesome tire for me, are my main hinderance on trails right now. I follow mostly TJs, XJs, and JKs on 33"+ tires. Here's to seeing how long the CVs will last with 33s. At least my front is open...
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2014, 11:40 PM   #32991
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

got her a wheel bearing and 3 more toggle switches for the panel i made
970001zj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2014, 12:05 AM   #32992
Glued2aPost
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTBlue
I like this idea! The goofy part is, I could buy a whole transfer case with less than 150k miles on it for half that price at my JY
Well that would be missing the point!
Unread 06-21-2014, 12:43 AM   #32993
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
Drove it on the highway for the first time in months. I need to align it again I think... All that wheeling has been taking a toll on everything. I think I also decided I'm going to throw a BB on top of my lift and run it with short arms. Why? I just don't care anymore, that's why. Then I'm gonna start shopping around for 33s. My 31s, although Duratracs have proven to be an awesome tire for me, are my main hinderance on trails right now. I follow mostly TJs, XJs, and JKs on 33"+ tires. Here's to seeing how long the CVs will last with 33s. At least my front is open...
I can't see how the CVs could be any weaker than the u-joints, but a D30 in general will have a hard time with 33s. At least your front is open indeed.

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2014, 12:50 AM   #32994
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glued2aPost View Post
Well that would be missing the point!
$450 for tcase and servo, however much a switch would cost, then you would have to seal the linkage hole, run the wiring, on top of everything else that needs to be done for a swap. This sounds like a project I may actually just tackle... Once I'm back in the states, I'll start seriously looking into this! Good idea!
Unread 06-21-2014, 01:29 AM   #32995
kg6mov
Web Wheeler

1996 ZJ 

That servo is way the wrong direction, should be able to do it with a metal gear rotary servo. Probably $30-$60.

"Coulda had a V8!"

96 build thread

Niner build thread

Quote:
I heard someone yell "mall crawler" from the back porch. I'll go see who said that. Be right back.
Unread 06-21-2014, 01:42 AM   #32996
Glued2aPost
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg6mov
That servo is way the wrong direction, should be able to do it with a metal gear rotary servo. Probably $30-$60.
I was thinking just moving the tab to the top of the tcase and having the servo push or pull it to preset positions.
Unread 06-21-2014, 02:10 AM   #32997
kg6mov
Web Wheeler

1996 ZJ 

Yes, but you should be able to do that with an arm off a rotary for cheap.

OT: Impromptu roof rack build, and maybe the new radiator.

"Coulda had a V8!"

96 build thread

Niner build thread

Quote:
Unread 06-21-2014, 02:47 AM   #32998
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg6mov View Post
I've never done anything with servo's or anything like that, so I'll let you guys hash that out Now I'm regretting not doing that LEGO building camp back when I was like 10
Unread 06-21-2014, 06:52 AM   #32999
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

Quote:
I vote go for the spacers, my rear end is up on v8 springs and spacers, on short arms. It works fine, just rides like a cheaply lifted jeep

I'd upgrade them cvs, i break one almost everytime i wheel locked on 31s, so i imagine open on 33s won't be the best. I know what you mean wheeling and have the smallest tires though hahah

Sent from somewhere besides my computer

My 5.9 swap (in progress)

Want your zj to be doorless in 60 seconds?
Myusername1674 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2014, 07:29 AM   #33000
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
I ran 33's for several years on my 95 5.2. No problems with the CV's or the d 30.
PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.