What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 2149 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 05-10-2014, 04:45 PM   #32221
merc07
1998 ZJ 

today I went to the bone yard for a wiring harness for the ignition coil previous owner cut it off and hacked it up pretty good and rigged it with wire connectors to the pins on the coil lol when he swapped motors. $2 later and a little soldering... it functions as it should

Unread 05-10-2014, 05:48 PM   #32222
txbass06
1998 ZJ 

I hate when people "fix" stuff like that. Especially when doing it right doesn't take very long at all
txbass06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2014, 06:20 PM   #32223
glock1926
1997 ZJ 

Ordered the Rough Country 4'' fixed arm lift with N2o shocks and adjustable front trac bar with mount as well as quick disconnect swaybar links.
glock1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2014, 07:22 PM   #32224
jeepmojo
1993 ZJ 

Looked for a new one...
Unread 05-10-2014, 07:57 PM   #32225
merc07
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by txbass06 View Post
I hate when people "fix" stuff like that. Especially when doing it right doesn't take very long at all
^ I know right its easier and faster to do it the right way the first time around.
Unread 05-10-2014, 08:43 PM   #32226
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Went to the JY to get the lower piece to the fan shroud. Luckily, they had one. The ZJ pickin's were slim. I also spotted a ZJ with the hatch up. I went over to it only to find brand new lift struts. I scored those for my ZJ so I shouldn't be having anymore headaches caused by that and my vice grips can return to my tool bag. My high lift also came in today. I'm not quite sure on how to mount it. I bought the mounting brackets for it as well. It's far too big (48") to mount to the back of the seats and keep my spare inside. I'd like to keep it inside. Any suggestions?

EDIT:

Under the backseats works if you take out the factory amp. I haven't used mine in 4 years so it's all good. I even got to keep my fire extinguisher, jumper cables, and first aid kit under the backseats with it in there. I do have to "persuade" them to close though, but I'm alright with that. They latch with just a little extra effort. I guess I'll be getting my money back on the mounting kit I bought for it.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2014, 11:09 PM   #32227
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

I wouldn't put the hi-lift under the back seat. Is it possible to create a mounting solution that puts it at an angle from the back of the cargo floor toward the roof and the front, on one side of the Jeep? The underseat storage is cramped as it is, and if you're putting stuff down there already the hi-lift isn't so good an option. Plus I'm not convinced the space is wide enough, and I seem to recall there being a hump between the two sides.

Shoulda had a V8
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2014, 08:24 AM   #32228
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
Went to the JY to get the lower piece to the fan shroud. Luckily, they had one. The ZJ pickin's were slim. I also spotted a ZJ with the hatch up. I went over to it only to find brand new lift struts. I scored those for my ZJ so I shouldn't be having anymore headaches caused by that and my vice grips can return to my tool bag. My high lift also came in today. I'm not quite sure on how to mount it. I bought the mounting brackets for it as well. It's far too big (48") to mount to the back of the seats and keep my spare inside. I'd like to keep it inside. Any suggestions?

EDIT:

Under the backseats works if you take out the factory amp. I haven't used mine in 4 years so it's all good. I even got to keep my fire extinguisher, jumper cables, and first aid kit under the backseats with it in there. I do have to "persuade" them to close though, but I'm alright with that. They latch with just a little extra effort. I guess I'll be getting my money back on the mounting kit I bought for it.
Under the seat would be a good idea. It can become a guillotine in an accident.
PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2014, 12:30 PM   #32229
cf_collins
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JColee View Post
What did you do with the last two gallons that wouldn't fit? Haha.

I took over my ZJ for the summer. My mother's been driving it while I attend school in another city. I purchased a car for the commute then gave it to her, so we've swapped for the summer.

It was bone dry. I poured a 2 gallon can into it to get it to start. Then I drove 3 blocks to a gas station and pumped 23.3 more gallons. I've got a bulge in the fuel tank.
cf_collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2014, 03:21 PM   #32230
radean84
1996 ZJ 

Finished up the TJ bezel mod with a locking gas cap and painted the rear window trim.

Unread 05-11-2014, 07:39 PM   #32231
Maine1994ZJ
1993 ZJ 

Put on the front sway bar links I extended for both ZJs.
While under mine I noticed my passenger's side cam bolt was not in the correct position.
Seems it had worked it's way loose...
I aligned it in relation to the driver's side and tightened it.
Cranked that SOB so tight I tweaked my back a little bit....
It's always something...
Unread 05-11-2014, 08:44 PM   #32232
96_zj_laredo
1996 ZJ 

Used it to jump my tractor, and then my tractor starting pissing oil out a new pinhole in my oil filter. Damn thing rotted right thru... Maybe I should do an oil change.... If the jeeps not broken then the tractor is.
Unread 05-11-2014, 08:44 PM   #32233
merc07
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine1994ZJ View Post
Put on the front sway bar links I extended for both ZJs.
While under mine I noticed my passenger's side cam bolt was not in the correct position.
Seems it had worked it's way loose...
I aligned it in relation to the driver's side and tightened it.
Cranked that SOB so tight I tweaked my back a little bit....
It's always something...
I feel your pain... I cant tell you how many times I tweaked my back doing my lift kit. (don't have air tools yet )
Unread 05-11-2014, 09:01 PM   #32234
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC View Post
I wouldn't put the hi-lift under the back seat. Is it possible to create a mounting solution that puts it at an angle from the back of the cargo floor toward the roof and the front, on one side of the Jeep? The underseat storage is cramped as it is, and if you're putting stuff down there already the hi-lift isn't so good an option. Plus I'm not convinced the space is wide enough, and I seem to recall there being a hump between the two sides.
I'd venture to say you'd be hard pressed in a ZJ to find anywhere else to mount a 48" Hi-Lift jack inside. It's perfectly fine under the seat. Where would you suggest is a better option? Sure, it's cramped under there and I keep my ABC fire extinguisher mounted there as well as my jumper cables and first aid kit, but it all fits. That hump in the middle doesn't actually make contact with the seats leaving enough room for the jack to pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
Under the seat would be a good idea. It can become a guillotine in an accident.
My thoughts exactly. I have the mounting kit for it, but it's not really "ZJ friendly." I thought I could use it to mount it to the back of the seats; the kit pushes it out way too far. It won't work while allowing me to keep my spare tire inside.

On topic, today I changed out my spark plugs for the Champion Cu plugs. I haven't started it yet so I can't make any comments on how much more awesome the Cu plugs are vs the Pt ones I had in there. Maybe I'll start it tomorrow. Meh, who am I kidding... It's gonna sit till at least next weekend. I also extended my rear bump stops with RE bump stop extensions. I'm glad I keep used motor oil around. There would have been no way I would have got the bump stops back into the cups without lubing them up a little. I tried spitting on it and jamming it in, but that didn't work in this case. I also extended my front bump stops by means of 2 regulation size hockey pucks per side. Hopefully the black RTV I used to "glue" them into place holds. Oh, and I got to use my jack to get the front coils to expand so I could fit the pucks in there. Awesome, right? If you use a tool just one time, it was worth buying. That's my motto.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2014, 09:14 PM   #32235
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

If it all fits, go for it. I just don't know what all you keep down there.

Shoulda had a V8
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door latch

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.