What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 2138 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Old Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble Fairleads

Unread 05-02-2014, 06:07 PM   #32056
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Wow man just shut up already about the racist comment you made you little skid mark.

PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2014, 06:35 PM   #32057
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Racist would be "******s and spics are inferior to whites, and they ain't fit to be members of normal society." That is neither something I believe, nor is it something I would say outside the context of demonstrating an example. Using a given slang to emphasize a notion is not racist. There is no claim of superiority, inferiority, or even any kind of stereotype. There is no implied connotation. It's simply the use of one kind of slang, akin to "you guys".

Racism intends to offend, and it draws comparisons, or speaks against a basis. The word, ******, is a racist term, used to incite days long past, of oppression. The word, nigga, is a colloquialism for "person" created by a generation that experienced only the tail end of that age, and is taken to nullify the power the word "******" held over that population. There's a term I'm forgetting that defines this.

The point is, all of you white folk have got your panties in a bunch because you're too afraid of being called racist, such to the point where anyone who uses language that makes you uncomfortable (for no reason, I once again add) is automatically labeled that which you're afraid of being. I'm no racist. If anything, your blanket assumption that I am, simply because I used a word from a given vernacular makes you racists. (ie the thinking is, only one sort of group can speak like that, and if I'm not in that group, it's not acceptable for me to do so- ethnic prejudice)

So bite me, Polka. Y'all niggas need to calm the hell down and quit being so offended at offhand slang.

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2014, 06:53 PM   #32058
SBiscardi
1996 ZJ 

It's slang that is not needed in a jeep forum so take your **** and run along out of here
SBiscardi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2014, 06:55 PM   #32059
SBiscardi
1996 ZJ 

Jeep forum isn't for little boys that wanna talk **** it's for men that got the skills to pay the bills and talk about grown folk stuff!!! So when ever you mature a little bit come on back and talk to the big boys
SBiscardi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2014, 06:57 PM   #32060
MyZJ98
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by big98tnzj View Post
Im running a flow 40 series without a cat and it sounds good. It doesnt drone at highway speeds and really sounds good under throttle.
Do you have the 4.0?

'98 ZJ Laredo, 4.0L, 140K, NP242, stock. (Sold @205k)
'99 WJ Laredo, 4.7L, 175K, NP249, stock. (Sold @240k)
'97 ZJ Limited, 4.0L, 109K, NP249, stock.(Current)
MyZJ98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2014, 07:27 PM   #32061
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBiscardi View Post
Jeep forum isn't for little boys that wanna talk **** it's for men that got the skills to pay the bills and talk about grown folk stuff!!! So when ever you mature a little bit come on back and talk to the big boys
Please, pass that advice to PolkaPower, being as all he does is provoke conflicts.

Or you, for that matter. And since when is social commentary not grown-folk talk?

JeepForum: Not Safe For Adult Discussion

Anyway, ZJ stuff. Should I rebuild my whining Dana 30 or should I find a salvage axle for half as much?

Unread 05-02-2014, 07:41 PM   #32062
kg6mov
Web Wheeler

1996 ZJ 

If you're keeping stock suspension I'd say rebuild. If not go to a hp30 or better.

Any tricks for doing the motor mounts? I got the ironman stuff and thats top of the list to get done this weekend. (it's a long list though)

"Whats wrong with a PT Cruiser?"
"Coulda had a V8!"

96 build thread

Niner build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1 View Post
I heard someone yell "mall crawler" from the back porch. I'll go see who said that. Be right back.
kg6mov is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2014, 07:47 PM   #32063
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

I am keeping it stock in suspension. The rebuild sounds like a good idea- nothing like having fresh mechanical parts. But while I can get a whole ZJ axle with 3.73 gears for $300 at local salvage, I'm looking at $700 minimum to have the axle professionally rebuilt. (I lack the tools and experience to set backlash and preload)

Stuff like this makes me wish I had a new car. Even with a low-mileage example, a ZJ is still 17 years old, and if you're not making a car payment, you're fixing something.

Unread 05-02-2014, 08:14 PM   #32064
big98tnzj
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyZJ98 View Post

Do you have the 4.0?
No ive got the 5.2

Sent from the mtns of TN using JeepForum
big98tnzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2014, 08:42 PM   #32065
Hytek
1998 ZJ 

Added LED reverse lights, fixed my intake hose again, and took this sexy pic..
Unread 05-02-2014, 11:17 PM   #32066
Gearhead31
1995 ZJ 

Damn near rolled mine after some p.o.s. in a Fastenal suv hardcore tried running his yield sign to merge infront of me when the roads are waterlogged from this crappy FL rain. Jerked to avoid and almost lost it skidding real close to the guard rail at 55mph while drifting.. Screw these Florida drivers OMG!

Got the head liner put back in Thu but haven't taken pics yet. Since the rain is thru my one day to work on the jeep this weekend, I'll get the IAC and throttle body next weekend(i hope)
[QUOTE=JasonStebbins]We can call it the Whoosh King Catalog System. :D[/QUOTE]
Gearhead31 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2014, 11:56 PM   #32067
B93
1998 ZJ 

There wasn't anything racist said, no one was putting anyone down. No big deal there imo. But I'm white, so... does that disqualify my opinion?

On topic: Not today, but a few days ago, I replaced the front sway bar links and lower control arms. This ZJ has almost 360,000 kms on what I'm assuming are the original control arms. I used to have one with 200,000 km, and since I bought the higher mileage one I always wondered why it rode like **** compared to the lower mileage ZJ. Turns out, the control arms were to blame! Every little bump felt like an intense slam. Thinking old shocks were the problem, I bought a set of bilsteins. They made little difference. Installing these control arms is probably my favourite "mod" so far, it feels brand new compared to before! I'm extremely happy. Now I just have to replace the front uppers, and rear uppers/lowers. Once all that's done I can only imagine how nice it's gonna feel! It's been a year and a half but my niner's finally getting the love it deserves, feels great
Unread 05-03-2014, 08:09 AM   #32068
Martin600
1997 ZJ 

Racism? rofl. Has anyone seen all the hype about Jeremy Clarkson recently?

It's been a while since I last posted on here. Finally got my new sills on! inner and outer on the passenger side, and outer on the drivers side.

Now to try and get it to pass the emissions test! Think it's time for a new cat, I've tried 2 new o2 sensors and got close to the pass limit.
Martin600 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2014, 08:35 AM   #32069
txbass06
1998 ZJ 

I'm glad we don't have to deal with emission tests down here. My exhaust is "illegal" as-is so there's no way I'd pass one
txbass06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2014, 08:58 AM   #32070
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin600 View Post
Racism? rofl. Has anyone seen all the hype about Jeremy Clarkson recently?
What a s*** show!

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.