What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 2130 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Black Friday- Cyber Monday Deals at jeepHutBlack Friday Deals !JcrOffroad Black Friday Sale!

Unread 04-27-2014, 05:26 PM   #31936
95knight
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead31 View Post
Ran out of bedliner.. I didn't realize it was going to take over two full cans :O top coat ended up being rubberized underbody coating, so I'll see how it turns out.. This will be interesting. Worst case, sand it down a little and add new top coats.

Before:

After:

Yes, there are shadows messing with the after pic, it wasn't painting errors BTW

It was either bedline my current headliner or fork out $350 for a poly injection molded black shell to get what I like
Does blacking out the headliner do anything besides looks? Like help keep heat from penetrating roof?

95knight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2014, 05:57 PM   #31937
Gearhead31
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaLorde View Post

I'd would either cover it with headliner material or sand it down smooth and paint it so it looked smooth.

I'm not a fan of the unfinished fiberglass textured look. To each their own..
I see rough spots so I'll be sanding it down, probably pick up another can for a final top cost but I'm not sure..
The odd can for the top coat left lines of a slight semi gloss black among the flat black. If I were a little more steady, it would look intentional, I kinda like how it looks. I might trial fit it after it dries and just see how it looks before adding another layer of paint. It's a unique twist I kinda like. It's the imperfections I find the best parts of hobby work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95knight View Post

Does blacking out the headliner do anything besides looks? Like help keep heat from penetrating roof?
Probably not. The headliner its self is three layers thick and is the thermal and sound insulation. The black is mainly just aesthetic.
[QUOTE=JasonStebbins]We can call it the Whoosh King Catalog System. :D[/QUOTE]
Gearhead31 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2014, 09:22 AM   #31938
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Jut got back from a 700 mile round trip in the 5.9 since I installed the rear Addco sway bar. I already had the front but had never gotten to take a trip since the rear was installed. It made a huge difference on the highway. Definitely worth the cash for both bars.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2014, 09:49 AM   #31939
96_zj_laredo
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower
Jut got back from a 700 mile round trip in the 5.9 since I installed the rear Addco sway bar. I already had the front but had never gotten to take a trip since the rear was installed. It made a huge difference on the highway. Definitely worth the cash for both bars.
Mind me asking how much you paid for both bars? I've been looking around for em and can't find em
Unread 04-28-2014, 10:10 AM   #31940
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96_zj_laredo View Post
Mind me asking how much you paid for both bars? I've been looking around for em and can't find em
Give ol Kolak an email and ask him. Kolak@aol.com. I got mine though him.
Unread 04-28-2014, 10:16 AM   #31941
96_zj_laredo
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower
Give ol Kolak an email and ask him. Kolak@aol.com. I got mine though him.
Much thanks to you sir!
Unread 04-28-2014, 10:18 AM   #31942
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96_zj_laredo View Post
Much thanks to you sir!
No problemo!
Unread 04-28-2014, 11:09 AM   #31943
1995blackzj

Will I need adjustable track bars with 3 in bb to keep axles from going sideways or will alignment fix that? Also what is a good price for rear adjustable lower control arms
1995blackzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2014, 11:16 AM   #31944
93ZJDave
1993 ZJ 

Well instead of fixing my jeep I bought this lol anyone wanna buy it 455 big block Pontiac edelbrock cam and intake long tube headers with full 3 inch pypes exhaust system with violator muffler gonna sell it to fix my jeep that and I can't afford to fix it the way I'd like.... as far are a 3 inch Bb lift I ran a 4 inch lift with stop track bar just drilled the hole in the axle and movee it over about an inch .til i had money for an adjustable work fine for years.

93ZJDave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2014, 11:20 AM   #31945
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1995blackzj View Post
Will I need adjustable track bars with 3 in bb to keep axles from going sideways or will alignment fix that? Also what is a good price for rear adjustable lower control arms
Unless the alignment shop can magically lengthen your stock track bars to the right length, you will need adjustable track bars to center the axles.
Unread 04-28-2014, 04:59 PM   #31946
96_zj_laredo
1996 ZJ 

Dropped it off at my buddy's shop to get new axleshaft ujoints. Could do em myself but I have no time.
Unread 04-28-2014, 05:06 PM   #31947
SBiscardi
1996 ZJ 

I did the actual rhino liner on my first jeep it smelled horrible for like 2 months so this one I did mossy oak fabric and it came out amazing
image-888861478.jpg

image-2028169550.jpg

SBiscardi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2014, 02:51 PM   #31948
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

I've decided that my nifty hot air cleaner intake and air conditioning are mutually exclusive. You can't have both of them. So, for now, AC wins. Instead... Dual 4" tubes, battery in the trunk, and two fully enclosed heat shields? Something to keep me busy until I have cash money for giggle gas and other stuff.

On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the garage: M1 4bbl
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
McCloudsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2014, 03:38 PM   #31949
big98tnzj
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCloudsZJ View Post
I've decided that my nifty hot air cleaner intake and air conditioning are mutually exclusive. You can't have both of them. So, for now, AC wins. Instead... Dual 4" tubes, battery in the trunk, and two fully enclosed heat shields? Something to keep me busy until I have cash money for giggle gas and other stuff.
That looks like it will be a fun project. What are your plans for filters?

Sent from the mtns of TN using JeepForum
big98tnzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2014, 03:54 PM   #31950
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by big98tnzj View Post
That looks like it will be a fun project. What are your plans for filters?

Sent from the mtns of TN using JeepForum
The biggest 4" open ended ones money can buy...
On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the garage: M1 4bbl
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
McCloudsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.