What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 2101 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Shocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 04-05-2014, 09:25 PM   #31501
TRAVASS
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead31 View Post

Looks good! What paint did you use? I'm going to go bedliner crazy one of these days I'm off and the weather's nice, that spot included
Im about to Line-x the entire thing. Inside and out. In black. Then im going to accent red. The insets of the grill, that area, valve cover, diffs, a few small interior pieces, cb antenna and what other else I think will look good without being overkill. Cant wait!

TRAVASS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2014, 09:40 PM   #31502
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

This

More pertinently, my speakers came in today. Gonna install them tomorrow.

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2014, 12:59 PM   #31503
takethisride
1996 ZJ 

Went wheeling with some buddies.. Came across a creek, instead of just crossing the creek we decided to travel down it. However...... haha about 400 yards down it we came across a lot of sand. My buddy was in his XJ and he got stuck pretty quick, just kept digging in in Drive and Reverse. Luckily I was far enough back I was able to put my winch to good use

Red White and Blue..... Merica haha
96 ZJ 5.2L 4x4, 4.5" Lift, NP231 swap, Beefed Custom Cline front DS, 33" Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, 15x10 RCX wheels, JKS front and Rear track-bars, Flowmaster 40series, Cobra CB radio, Optima Yellow Top, Snorkel, Rough Country winch mount, Super Winch TS9500, cut fenders, Red Jeep Club #572, Built Not Bought #279
takethisride is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2014, 03:35 PM   #31504
Gearhead31
1995 ZJ 

^^^Looks like a really nice trip! Luckily one of you had a winch haha, that would be an interesting trip if you didn't..

Cleaned out the ZJ today. took the amp and sub out, strapped the spare on the roof, vacuumed it all out and cleaned out all the extra stuff. Crammed a few things under the seat where my amp used to be. Will add pictures after I cut them down to forum acceptable sizes.

Edit: let's try imgur..

[QUOTE=JasonStebbins]We can call it the Whoosh King Catalog System. :D[/QUOTE]
Gearhead31 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2014, 03:49 PM   #31505
txbass06
1998 ZJ 

I use photobucket and just copy and paste the IMG links
txbass06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2014, 03:56 PM   #31506
Gearhead31
1995 ZJ 

I never used any of them before but I figured it out
Unread 04-06-2014, 04:55 PM   #31507
joe19934
1998 ZJ 

I took the Wife to Arby's in it
It was funny watching her trying to get in LOL
She 's short so she had to kinda jump in it....
Gonna get the Beach Permit for it soon !
Maybe put some bigger tires on it and I need to check the rear differential Carrier bearings soon! They are pretty noisy.
Unread 04-06-2014, 05:47 PM   #31508
roughknight69
1995 ZJ 

Scored a 242 from a 95 Xj that I will put in the next weekend in free. . Trimmed my rear bumper and went wheeling yesterday. Did amazing compared to my old 31s I love my mtrs.
image-1773746394.jpg

image-1595723640.jpg

image-2972506922.jpg

image-1507355283.jpg

Unread 04-06-2014, 09:09 PM   #31509
big98tnzj
1998 ZJ 

Tried to fix my steering today. I only have 1 1/4 turns to the right and i have 1 3/4 turns to the left. I couldnt get my pitman arm off to adjust it that way and broke my puller in the process. Any ideas on how to remedy this problem?

Sent from my tent in the woods using JeepForum
big98tnzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2014, 09:28 PM   #31510
Gearhead31
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by big98tnzj View Post
Tried to fix my steering today. I only have 1 1/4 turns to the right and i have 1 3/4 turns to the left. I couldnt get my pitman arm off to adjust it that way and broke my puller in the process. Any ideas on how to remedy this problem?

Jacked up steering gear? Is one of the steering components binding or locking up? I have about 2 full turns either way from tdc straight..
Not sure on a fix but if it isn't just the steering gear, I'm thinking you might have a couple things going on
Unread 04-06-2014, 09:43 PM   #31511
big98tnzj
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead31 View Post

Jacked up steering gear? Is one of the steering components binding or locking up? I have about 2 full turns either way from tdc straight..
I just replaced all of the tie rods and drag link 2 days ago so nothing is wore. The gear box is nice and tight still yet. Nothing is binding up anywhere. If i take my drag link off the pitman arm i have almost 2 full turns either way but as soon as i hook it back up i lose my turning radius. Im thinking i might be able to take the tie rod off of the drag link and adjust it so that it pushes the pitman arm to the drivers side then readjust my tie rod back to the drag link for my alignment.

big98tnzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2014, 09:44 PM   #31512
kg6mov
Hears the voices

1996 ZJ 

Got my niner back from the shop manager, realized I missed the civic, started looking for a replacement niner.

"Whats wrong with a PT Cruiser?"
"Coulda had a V8!"

96 build thread

Niner build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1 View Post
I heard someone yell "mall crawler" from the back porch. I'll go see who said that. Be right back.
kg6mov is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2014, 03:06 AM   #31513
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

I took it down to The Badlands yesterday for a last minute Jeep club wheeling trip. I also managed to talk my wife into going with. She had never wheeled before. Not only did she enjoy it, but she also was driving the orange trail by the end of the day. She kept looking at stuff and going, "Oh Erik, I don't think I can do that." Then she'd go for it and make it without a problem. She did manage to break the cover off my stock trailer wiring plug though. I can't say I wouldn't have done the same in the same situation.

Also, I ordered a new fan shroud yesterday. I'm ditching my e-fan. It's been nothing but a PITA since I've installed it. It ran good for a few months then my Hayden controller died on me (the actual controller, not the relay in it). I replaced that with a different relay that closed a ground circuit instead of a power circuit and installed a second relay for the low speed so the controller could close the ground for that relay and power the fan. While wheeling, my fan decided to quit all together. My ears proved the relays inside my control box were switching as they should, my main power fuse was not blown, and a test light proved that I had power at the wiring harness before the fan. After hitting the fan motor a few times with the back of a breaker bar with the fan set to high, it kicked in. I left the Jeep running the rest of the time at The Badlands so I wouldn't have to kill the fan again. It shut off again on the way home and wouldn't start back up.

My question is, which fan clutch do you guys recommend? I figure since my stock one is obviously off, I might as well get a new one. The Hayden one seems to be pretty decent, but, because I've had bad luck with their fan controllers, I don't know if I'd go with another one of their products or not.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2014, 06:15 AM   #31514
takethisride
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
Also, I ordered a new fan shroud yesterday. I'm ditching my e-fan. It's been nothing but a PITA since I've installed it. It ran good for a few months then my Hayden controller died on me (the actual controller, not the relay in it). I replaced that with a different relay that closed a ground circuit instead of a power circuit and installed a second relay for the low speed so the controller could close the ground for that relay and power the fan. While wheeling, my fan decided to quit all together. My ears proved the relays inside my control box were switching as they should, my main power fuse was not blown, and a test light proved that I had power at the wiring harness before the fan. After hitting the fan motor a few times with the back of a breaker bar with the fan set to high, it kicked in. I left the Jeep running the rest of the time at The Badlands so I wouldn't have to kill the fan again. It shut off again on the way home and wouldn't start back up.
I've gone through 2 E-fans in a year... I just swapped in the WJ e-fan with the ZJ fan shroud. Used some 8 guage wire for everything on the relay except the relay switch. Just use toggle switches now. The fan doesn't even get hot anymore. Keeps my engine running super cool even when wheeling.
96 ZJ 5.2L 4x4, 4.5" Lift, NP231 swap, Beefed Custom Cline front DS, 33" Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, 15x10 RCX wheels, JKS front and Rear track-bars, Flowmaster 40series, Cobra CB radio, Optima Yellow Top, Snorkel, Rough Country winch mount, Super Winch TS9500, cut fenders, Red Jeep Club #572, Built Not Bought #279
takethisride is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2014, 06:50 AM   #31515
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by takethisride View Post
I've gone through 2 E-fans in a year... I just swapped in the WJ e-fan with the ZJ fan shroud. Used some 8 guage wire for everything on the relay except the relay switch. Just use toggle switches now. The fan doesn't even get hot anymore. Keeps my engine running super cool even when wheeling.
I ordered a Mopar fan shroud last night and an Omix-Ada HD fan clutch today. I'm going back to stock. My setup was solid wiring wise and control wise, after I gave up on Hayden. My fan was a brand new aftermarket TYC fan for the 3.8L Taurus. I don't want to be going through fans like crazy with this thing. I need it to be reliable. I've built everything else on it to survive wheeling (knock on wood, so far it's all held up great). The last two times I had issues wheeling was because my fan stopped working. One time I caught it just in time when my coolant overflow started pissing coolant on the trail. That was the first time I had to "hit start" the fan. The other time was yesterday when it started giving me more issues. After it completely shut down on the way home, I talked with my wife and she agrees with me that it's been more of a headache than anything since I've installed it. If I didn't originally have all the issues with the Hayden controller before I switched to the Derale controller, I'd probably be more apt to trying out another electric fan setup.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.