What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 2099 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 04-03-2014, 01:35 PM   #31471
big98tnzj
1998 ZJ 

It sounds like you need to check your pinion angles to fix the vibrations instead of going through the trouble of doing a sye and it not fix after all the work because of shotty pinion angles

Sent from my tent in the woods using JeepForum

big98tnzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2014, 02:14 PM   #31472
JColee
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
There is no other place for water to get in up there besides the sunroof. Maybe a clogged drain. I would get a bucket of Damp Rid and leave it in your ZJ with the windows up out of the sun.If you have to leave it in direct sun then leave the windows open. It can steam up and your headliner will fall down.
I guess there are some other spots that are kind of damp. Under the car mats especially, though I think that's from the winter season and it not getting warm enough to dry them out completely. (Or it could be from this leak as well)

But I've never had this happen. Another thought was maybe the mass amounts of water could have caused an overflow in the drainage system for the sunroof?
I'll try the damprid, they sell it where I work. Thanks for the suggestion!
JColee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2014, 02:20 PM   #31473
TRAVASS
1996 ZJ 

Anyone to get rid of any adjustable track bars?? Need some!
TRAVASS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2014, 02:27 PM   #31474
mikebontoft
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAVASS View Post
Anyone to get rid of any adjustable track bars?? Need some!
No, but I just ordered some from IRO.
mikebontoft is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2014, 02:29 PM   #31475
Maine1994ZJ
1993 ZJ 

Ordered 2 new driver's side and 2 new passenger's side headlight assemblies for George & Weezy today.
$18.50 each, including bulbs.
It will be nice to be able to see at night again!!! LOL
Unread 04-03-2014, 02:38 PM   #31476
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
Which series did you go with?
Those ones you recommended, the TS-D1720C and TS-D1620R set. I'll probably throw in the amp next paycheck, or next month or something. I don't think I'll strictly need it until it's time to add a subwoofer. Meanwhile I need to save money for brakes and a hub assembly and a kolak exhaust.

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2014, 03:43 PM   #31477
kirbyZJORVIS
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebontoft View Post

Pinion angles good?
Yea i mean its not far off if off at all like i said I've got an in drop with that IRO crossmember
kirbyZJORVIS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2014, 04:00 PM   #31478
millco88

Bought This bracket on ebay. Super cool and strong looking> hope I dont break any more power steering brackets.
img_0164-small.jpg  
millco88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2014, 04:18 PM   #31479
kg6mov
Hears the voices

1996 ZJ 

Damn, thats nice, gotta remember that next time I blow a pump bracket.

"Whats wrong with a PT Cruiser?"
"Coulda had a V8!"

96 build thread

Niner build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1 View Post
I heard someone yell "mall crawler" from the back porch. I'll go see who said that. Be right back.
kg6mov is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2014, 05:00 PM   #31480
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by millco88
Bought This bracket on ebay. Super cool and strong looking> hope I dont break any more power steering brackets.
That looks like one of MurdaJ's brackets.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using JeepForum
On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the garage: M1 4bbl
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
McCloudsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2014, 05:13 PM   #31481
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC View Post
Those ones you recommended, the TS-D1720C and TS-D1620R set. I'll probably throw in the amp next paycheck, or next month or something. I don't think I'll strictly need it until it's time to add a subwoofer. Meanwhile I need to save money for brakes and a hub assembly and a kolak exhaust.
I can't speak on how they sound off HU power, but once you get an amp and put some real power to them, sub or no sub, you'll be incredibly surprised. The amp doesn't necessarily make them louder, it just provides clean power at the upper volume levels. That'll allow you to listen to music louder, longer, and with less fatigue. You'll understand what I'm talking about once you amp them. I give mine about 120 RMS. They take every bit of it.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2014, 05:43 PM   #31482
Mtbmurf
1996 ZJ 

plasti-dipped my wheels, took off my roof rails and painted those. Waiting for good weather to do the rail itself on my roof while attached...bought a safari rack to go on after that.

Mtbmurf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2014, 05:52 PM   #31483
chaZJones
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbmurf View Post
plasti-dipped my wheels, took off my roof rails and painted those. Waiting for good weather to do the rail itself on my roof while attached...bought a safari rack to go on after that.
just take them off and paint, it will be much easier and takes 5 mins
Unread 04-03-2014, 06:36 PM   #31484
chaZJones
1996 ZJ 

what causes your power steering bracket to break? is it a common issue? and is it obvious to tell if its broke?
Unread 04-03-2014, 06:52 PM   #31485
smccloud
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaZJones View Post
what causes your power steering bracket to break? is it a common issue? and is it obvious to tell if its broke?
Not sure why, but when you can't turn, it doesn't charge & it heats up it broke (i.e. belt came off). My guess is the crappy aluminium they make them out of.
smccloud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.