What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 2086 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 03-26-2014, 10:15 AM   #31276
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Freeze the bushings and use a little dish soap to get them in. I used an air hammer to get the old ones out.

ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2014, 10:25 AM   #31277
Hytek
1998 ZJ 

Good tip thanks
Unread 03-26-2014, 10:37 AM   #31278
smccloud
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hytek View Post
Not a bad idea on prior owners too lol. My last xj I had a lot of wtf moments trying to fix his "repairs"..

OT: got new Moog front upper axle side control arm bushings. Hopefully I'll get them in today. That'll be the last of my suspension maintenance/upgrades for a while.....yeah right lmao..
My XJ came from my brother, and I helped with a lot of the repairs.
smccloud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2014, 12:49 PM   #31279
mikebontoft
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post

I was kidding. That wouldn't happen.
It's OK... your secret's safe with me.
mikebontoft is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2014, 01:04 PM   #31280
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebontoft View Post
It's OK... your secret's safe with me.
But it was only a joke........ please, I have nothing to hide!
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2014, 01:46 PM   #31281
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

Replaced another TRE, adjusted the drag link and gave it a new TPS. Also found and fixed a power steering leak. Hopefully it's done for a while, although I think I might still have a slight coolant leak, need to determine if it's the water pump or not.
comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2014, 08:02 PM   #31282
takethisride
1996 ZJ 

today was a long day without the ZJ... My electric Taurus fan I put in 2 years ago killed over a few days ago. Went to the local pull-a-part and bought another ZJ shroud and opted for the WJ 2-speed electric fan this time around. With some minor trimming I was able to mate the 2 together... Looks good. Puts out a decent amount of air too.. I also scored a factory zj t-case skid plate and some factory tow hooks. I tried to get the factory gas tank skid plate but they welded it to a rim... damn... either way I walked away with some good parts and only spent $30
96 ZJ 5.2L 4x4, 4.5" Lift, NP231 swap, Beefed Custom Cline front DS, 33" Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, 15x10 RCX wheels, JKS front and Rear track-bars, Flowmaster 40series, Cobra CB radio, Optima Yellow Top, Snorkel, Rough Country winch mount, Super Winch TS9500, cut fenders, Red Jeep Club #572, Built Not Bought #279
takethisride is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2014, 08:43 PM   #31283
mikebontoft
1998 ZJ 

And that's why yunkyards make me nervous.
mikebontoft is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2014, 08:45 PM   #31284
moparlover1992
1995 ZJ 

Not my zj but I bought a new DD today since I'll be driving a lot more for my job. Picked up an 05 neon srt4 with low miles and a ton of mods for cheap cause it needs body work. So that means my zj won't get mods as much or as fast.... But after a steel bumper, winch, and led light bar it will be exactly how I want it so hopefully that stuff can get funded this summer and I can switch modding attention over to the srt full time then I mean, why else did I buy it? Lol
95 zj 5.2 np242 3.5'' IRO lift, IRO adjustable arms, KOR front trackbar, steering stabilizer and box brace, IRO rear adjustable trackbar, bilsteins, Hughes plenum plate, flow master 40, 31x10.5s on 15'' dc-2 rims
Mopar or no car!
moparlover1992 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2014, 11:21 PM   #31285
Gearhead31
1995 ZJ 

Well i heard my front axle cv starting a clicking noise when parking(yesteday). Not sure if driver or passenger side, i still gotta narrow it down. Still gotta deal with cosmetics on the rear end, interior cosmetics, a full tune up and re-wiring the radio as well.. Also need to put the spare tire on the roof. It wasn't today but Sunday i gave it a tire rotation. There's a lot of surface rust occurring very rapidly at the rotor/caliper areas that has me stumped atm, ill have to deal with that soon as well. That list never stops growing!
[QUOTE=JasonStebbins]We can call it the Whoosh King Catalog System. :D[/QUOTE]
Gearhead31 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2014, 11:31 PM   #31286
TRAVASS
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead31 View Post
Well i heard my front axle cv starting a clicking noise when parking(yesteday). Not sure if driver or passenger side, i still gotta narrow it down. Still gotta deal with cosmetics on the rear end, interior cosmetics, a full tune up and re-wiring the radio as well.. Also need to put the spare tire on the roof. It wasn't today but Sunday i gave it a tire rotation. There's a lot of surface rust occurring very rapidly at the rotor/caliper areas that has me stumped atm, ill have to deal with that soon as well. That list never stops growing!
Its USUALLY whichever way you're turning is the side thats bad. Turning left, left side. Turning right, right side.
TRAVASS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2014, 12:21 AM   #31287
Gearhead31
1995 ZJ 

I wasn't really paying attention when it happened so i honestly don't know which side it is lol. I'll have to pay attention and listen. I want to say the left side tho.. The radio usually drowns out all of those soft noises so I don't typically hear them.
[QUOTE=JasonStebbins]We can call it the Whoosh King Catalog System. :D[/QUOTE]
Gearhead31 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2014, 02:19 AM   #31288
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by takethisride View Post
today was a long day without the ZJ... My electric Taurus fan I put in 2 years ago killed over a few days ago. Went to the local pull-a-part and bought another ZJ shroud and opted for the WJ 2-speed electric fan this time around. With some minor trimming I was able to mate the 2 together... Looks good. Puts out a decent amount of air too.. I also scored a factory zj t-case skid plate and some factory tow hooks. I tried to get the factory gas tank skid plate but they welded it to a rim... damn... either way I walked away with some good parts and only spent $30
The WJ fan moves a TON of air. I just wish it didn't use so damn much power.

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2014, 07:01 AM   #31289
takethisride
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC View Post
The WJ fan moves a TON of air. I just wish it didn't use so damn much power.

looks like I need to upgrade my alternator
96 ZJ 5.2L 4x4, 4.5" Lift, NP231 swap, Beefed Custom Cline front DS, 33" Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, 15x10 RCX wheels, JKS front and Rear track-bars, Flowmaster 40series, Cobra CB radio, Optima Yellow Top, Snorkel, Rough Country winch mount, Super Winch TS9500, cut fenders, Red Jeep Club #572, Built Not Bought #279
takethisride is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2014, 07:11 AM   #31290
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Not today, but yesterday I washed it for the first time in quite a while. I also vacuumed it all out. It was actually really bad inside. It's all good now. I don't recall the last time I vacuumed or the last time I actually let it get that bad on the inside. I still have to get some salt out of the carpet, but that shouldn't be too bad.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.