What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 2078 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-21-2014, 12:51 PM   #31156
mikebontoft
1998 ZJ 

Seems like another person with a slow day.

mikebontoft is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2014, 01:38 PM   #31157
kg6mov
Web Wheeler

1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93ZJDave View Post
Speaking of radiators my jeep's radiator has been leaking for 4 years lmao never cared to fix it maybe I should eventually put a radiator in it
Same boat, I've had a small leaking in it somewhere for years. Just leaks a little coolant into the radiator mount.

I'm doing a full cooling system overhaul, going to an efan. Figured it was time.

McCloud: awesome, thanks!

"Whats wrong with a PT Cruiser?"
"Coulda had a V8!"

96 build thread

Niner build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1 View Post
I heard someone yell "mall crawler" from the back porch. I'll go see who said that. Be right back.
kg6mov is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2014, 02:40 PM   #31158
93ZJDave
1993 ZJ 

Yeah mine has a small hole on the passenger side on the top the p.o thought it was a good idea to put bars leak **** in it so I've been flushing that crap out of my motor and heater core for years so leaving the small leak slowly pushes that crap out lol I'll just stuff a junkyard radiator in it for 15 bucks lol
93ZJDave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2014, 02:46 PM   #31159
SBiscardi
1996 ZJ 

Bought a bull bar KC 6 inch lights and a K&N intake for $200
jeep.jpg

jeep1.jpg

SBiscardi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2014, 05:06 PM   #31160
Maine1994ZJ
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebontoft View Post
Sounds more like someone not making any money...
We bust our asses in the busy seasons, so when it is dead we are allowed to do our own projects while on the clock as long as we stop and wait on customers when they come in.
I also waited on 4 customers in the course of changing my oil & filter so it took me about an hour and a half to change my oil.
Unread 03-21-2014, 06:25 PM   #31161
mikebontoft
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine1994ZJ View Post

We bust our asses in the busy seasons, so when it is dead we are allowed to do our own projects while on the clock as long as we stop and wait on customers when they come in.
I also waited on 4 customers in the course of changing my oil & filter so it took me about an hour and a half to change my oil.
Yeah I guess if you're hourly it doesn't matter too much. But flat rate has the advantage of making more.
mikebontoft is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2014, 07:49 PM   #31162
93ZJDave
1993 ZJ 

Well the jeep is dead. Idk if I'm gonna sell it or scrap it. Replaced the clutch master took it for a ride tried to park it and apperently the clutch pedal bled down while I had it in went to put it into reverse and it slammed into reverse and stalled so I put it back in neutral to start it back up but it was stuck in reverse with the shifter in neutral!!! So idk what broke but its dead and time to move on.
Unread 03-21-2014, 08:06 PM   #31163
Maine1994ZJ
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebontoft View Post
Yeah I guess if you're hourly it doesn't matter too much. But flat rate has the advantage of making more.
True this.
Though there's not much flat rate at a tire shop.
Wait... there is a flat rate... $15 to fix one
Sorry, tire humor
Unread 03-21-2014, 08:55 PM   #31164
somebody5788
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkbear View Post
Well, I was going to do it under the dash, but not enough room/slack. So I pulled the door panel off. Soldering gun took forever to heat up. Just have to screw it to the inside of the door and put the panel back on. Plus, like I said, didn't have much time between honey-do and actual work. I'm a little slow, but I get stuff done.

Sent from...wait, where am I?
I just took the panel off that covers the door harness and did it there on both of my ZJ's. 30 seconds a piece. A wire tap works perfectly fine for this since it's not carrying load and doesn't require a "quality" signal for speakers or anything like that.
Unread 03-21-2014, 09:01 PM   #31165
93ZJDave
1993 ZJ 

OK so I tried one thing before call it dead. And well she is fixed I took the reverse light switch out and pushed the fork back so now its fixed
Unread 03-21-2014, 09:34 PM   #31166
wkbear
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebody5788 View Post

I just took the panel off that covers the door harness and did it there on both of my ZJ's. 30 seconds a piece. A wire tap works perfectly fine for this since it's not carrying load and doesn't require a "quality" signal for speakers or anything like that.
Where's that little panel at? Part of the dash? I got it done yesterday, but I'd like to know for future reference in case the wire breaks in between the door and the body (like a couple of wires in there had, which I repaired).

Also found I'm gonna have to replace my negative battery cable. It's holding ok, but won't tighten back down. Got the “map of + battery cable" thread bookmarked to do that. Added to the list of things it needs. Lol

Sent from...wait, where am I?
Unread 03-21-2014, 09:38 PM   #31167
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock1926 View Post
Got paid to put all new pads and rotors on mine and welded up the huge slots the pads had worn in the knuckles.
I won a $100 gift card from an Auto Value tool expo I went to, plus my girlfriend works there so I used her discount.
So all together I spent 129.19 on front and rear pads and rotors (Thermo Quiet pads) with $30 mail in rebate.
Did all of this on the hoist at work while on the clock.
Win

sent from, uh

My 5.9 swap (in progress)

Want your zj to be doorless in 60 seconds?
Myusername1674 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2014, 09:47 PM   #31168
kg6mov
Web Wheeler

1996 ZJ 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DODGE-JEEP-A...7d34df&vxp=mtr

Yes?

"Whats wrong with a PT Cruiser?"
"Coulda had a V8!"

96 build thread

Niner build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1 View Post
I heard someone yell "mall crawler" from the back porch. I'll go see who said that. Be right back.
kg6mov is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2014, 10:32 PM   #31169
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

I think everybody else has wheeling plans tomorrow, stupid work I'm gonna miss them all...

sent from, uh

My 5.9 swap (in progress)

Want your zj to be doorless in 60 seconds?
Myusername1674 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2014, 10:40 PM   #31170
big98tnzj
1998 ZJ 

I wish i had plans tomorrow. Ive got plans for next weekend though. Should be a lot of fun if we can get everybody to go.

Sent from my tent in the woods using JeepForum
big98tnzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.