What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 2077 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Gear Installs at CCOR SpecialNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 03-20-2014, 09:37 PM   #31141
mikebontoft
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine1994ZJ View Post
Today I rotated the tires and changed the oil & filter.
At work.
On the clock.
Sometimes I really do love my job
Sounds more like someone not making any money...

mikebontoft is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2014, 10:53 PM   #31142
kg6mov
Hears the voices

1996 ZJ 

Is an all metal radiator worth the cost? I can't find one for less than $500. I need a new one in the green thing.

"Whats wrong with a PT Cruiser?"
"Coulda had a V8!"

96 build thread

Niner build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1 View Post
I heard someone yell "mall crawler" from the back porch. I'll go see who said that. Be right back.
kg6mov is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2014, 11:58 PM   #31143
radean84
1996 ZJ 

Today I installed a new o2 sensor to cure the CEL, tightened up the new bar pin eliminators, filed the edges of the cutout fenders, and topped off the tranny fluid. Another test run at the local offroad park on Saturday
Unread 03-21-2014, 06:59 AM   #31144
95knight
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg6mov View Post
Is an all metal radiator worth the cost? I can't find one for less than $500. I need a new one in the green thing.
On my Trans Am i had the OE one which would vary in how it would cool. Where as with a all metal rad runs at exactly 170 no questions. So i would say if yes
95knight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2014, 07:12 AM   #31145
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Any decent rad seems to work fine in the ZJs cooling-wise. The all metal ones theoretically should last longer, but considering the good plastic tank ones seem to go 10 years or so, it shouldn't matter too much. I've got an all metal Griffin in my basement that was in my ZJ for about 1.5 years and then pinholed a weld. I should fix it and put it back in at some point...

On topic, I swapped my snow tires off the ZJ on Wednesday.
comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2014, 07:36 AM   #31146
93ZJDave
1993 ZJ 

Speaking of radiators my jeep's radiator has been leaking for 4 years lmao never cared to fix it maybe I should eventually put a radiator in it
93ZJDave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2014, 08:19 AM   #31147
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

I put in a vista pro from rock auto 3 years ago and its worked flawlessly. It was supposed to be a cheap temp fix until I could get a nicer one.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2014, 08:29 AM   #31148
mikebontoft
1998 ZJ 

Hmm well mine already has a new radiator. Solves that issue.
mikebontoft is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2014, 08:52 AM   #31149
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93ZJDave View Post
Speaking of radiators my jeep's radiator has been leaking for 4 years lmao never cared to fix it maybe I should eventually put a radiator in it
That might be a good idea unless you want to end up stranded on the side of the road one day but you have rolled the dice this long so lets see how far it can go.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2014, 08:54 AM   #31150
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Standby. I have a link to an all metal one for like $150 shipped that is real popular on the niner FB and TSF.
On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the garage: M1 4bbl
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
McCloudsZJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2014, 09:05 AM   #31151
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCloudsZJ View Post
Standby. I have a link to an all metal one for like $150 shipped that is real popular on the niner FB and TSF.
I lied. It's $165.

https://www.radiatorexpress.com/prod...aia_id=1315953
On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the garage: M1 4bbl
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
McCloudsZJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2014, 09:27 AM   #31152
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Not today but yesterday, I did the ignition tune up and drove to Ikea in Frisco and bought a desk, instead of getting seats in Allen because the seller wouldn't reply to my emails asking when we could meet up.

On a related note, anyone ever have significant trouble putting a distributor rotor on? All 3 rotors I tried (BWD Select, BWD P-series (OEM), and Mopar) wouldn't fit onto the shaft. This seems to happen every time I buy a rotor these days. I ended up having to reuse the old rotor because the new ones just wouldn't fit. I spent a good $25 on various rotors dammit.

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2014, 10:00 AM   #31153
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

Messed around with my muffler some more, burned in a friends muffler on his truck, surprisingly I think I did an okay job for being so un-trained in the use of the welder. Gonna weld the jeeps muffler soon.

Also a day or two ago made my passenger door removal mod, need to do the other three doors now though. Oh and I bought my jeeps engine a stand. So that's sorta what i did

My 5.9 swap (in progress)

Want your zj to be doorless in 60 seconds?
Myusername1674 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2014, 11:17 AM   #31154
JBLittle
1998 ZJ 

I changed my front brakes and hit all the grease certs on the suspension this morning.
JBLittle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2014, 11:21 AM   #31155
glock1926
1997 ZJ 

Got paid to put all new pads and rotors on mine and welded up the huge slots the pads had worn in the knuckles.
I won a $100 gift card from an Auto Value tool expo I went to, plus my girlfriend works there so I used her discount.
So all together I spent 129.19 on front and rear pads and rotors (Thermo Quiet pads) with $30 mail in rebate.
Did all of this on the hoist at work while on the clock.
glock1926 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.