What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 206 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Magnaflow SS Cat Back Exhaust System, Street, High ClearanRCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.com

Unread 07-06-2011, 08:39 PM   #3076
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by niles6284 View Post
Built this honey over the past week Love making something from nothing. all the steel was "reclaimed" from the shop I used to work at. I used to work on a printing press and they were throwing some counter plates away that were bad out of the one of the presses. so I asked for em and got em. the main portion of it going across the back is a piece of 4 inch square tube. will be making that a tank for air. Hope this inspires someone. I am really happy with hoe it turned out for sure
Looks good i'll take 1

squazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2011, 09:13 PM   #3077
MaintMech

1996 ZJ 

Got a.question for thoes that have installed the grand wagoneer box whats the easiest was to get the 4th hole.acurtlly drilled and do I need to cut this nipple off where the steering wheel rod conects?

Squazz: The best way would be to use what is called a "transfer punch". Basically it's a piece of hardened steel with a punch point on it that is a very* close fit for the dia. hole your bolt goes through. Bolt up the box (tight!) and put the punch in the spare hole, hit it and you've got a witness mark to start your hole drilling. You can grind a point on a hard (grade 8) bolt and do the same thing.

Good Luck!
Unread 07-06-2011, 09:28 PM   #3078
niles6284
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by squazz View Post
Looks good i'll take 1
ha ha thanks man, took a bit of work but I got it
AKA "Beagle"
niles6284 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2011, 09:42 PM   #3079
tonymartin
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy05 View Post
Went to the local JY looking for a few parts for my ZJ. Ask the lady at the counter it they had any 93-98 GC and she said they only have one, a 98. Which was already picked through. Hardly a shell left. Walked to the other side of the lot to where the trucks were and there were 4 more ZJs a 99 Cherokee and a grand wagoneer. Been looking for a trailer hitch and both the Cherokee and the GW both had one. Any idea if one of these will fit my ZJ? They only want 35 bones for the hitch so I figured I would ask. Going to take some measurements just in case and go back on Saturday.
I was told a while ago that an XJ one would fit, you would just need to oval out either the two front or two rear holes a little to get them to line up. I'm sure the GW will fit thoguh as it's the same frame, isn't it?
Unread 07-06-2011, 11:14 PM   #3080
Blwn89gt
1998 ZJ 

Just installed a new AC Evaporator unit and did the heater core too while it was apart. Go the truck blowing ice cold untill the discharge line blew out on me. tomorrow the new line should arrive ( hopefully) i tried 6 diffrent auto part places and warehouses and NOBODY had it. They had every AC line but the discharge line. My luck.. So in the mean time i put my spacer blocks in and my 31's on haha
Blwn89gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2011, 02:47 AM   #3081
tonymartin
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Not today, but yesterday I went to pick up the ZJ from my old apartment building and somebody else who lives in the building had parked behind me with a bloody Yaris in the drive way and has gone on vacation for an unknown amount of time Two options. Drive through the wall (not gonna happen) or break into her car and move it my way
Let's see how good a yaris's security really is eh?
Unread 07-07-2011, 05:03 AM   #3082
csouers
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonymartin View Post
Not today, but yesterday I went to pick up the ZJ from my old apartment building and somebody else who lives in the building had parked behind me with a bloody Yaris in the drive way and has gone on vacation for an unknown amount of time Two options. Drive through the wall (not gonna happen) or break into her car and move it my way
Two floor jacks and some man power. Move that 'ish out of the way!

My Photography
csouers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2011, 06:24 AM   #3083
speedbucket
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by csouers View Post
Two floor jacks and some man power. Move that 'ish out of the way!
we used to move cars all the time with 4 people, sometimes just reversing them in their parking spot or moving them to the other side of the road. reactions are hilarious
Unread 07-07-2011, 07:25 AM   #3084
ZJOwner96
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbucket

we used to move cars all the time with 4 people, sometimes just reversing them in their parking spot or moving them to the other side of the road. reactions are hilarious
I can imagine. Ive done it years ago and was awesome. I too think the jack thing is best, not as much stress on the back.
ZJOwner96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2011, 08:39 AM   #3085
Wildspear
1993 ZJ 

Plus using a jack to move the car will have less legal things than breaking in to a car.....
Wildspear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2011, 08:59 AM   #3086
johnridesjeeps
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonymartin
Talk to the apartment manager and get it towed. When they get back theyd have some nice fees built up.
johnridesjeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2011, 10:31 AM   #3087
808Defender
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnridesjeeps View Post
Talk to the apartment manager and get it towed. When they get back theyd have some nice fees built up.
I had 5 cars towed in a 30minute time span on Monday. They were all parked illegally on wrong side of street and I saw a little girl and her mom almost get hit because they crosswalk was blocked on corner of our Condo building. Laughed so hard seeing people come back from fireworks and were pissed.

People in Seattle just park wherever is convenient I noticed lately and then flash there emergency blinkers.
808Defender is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2011, 10:38 AM   #3088
freakinheep89
1995 ZJ 

Putting together a plan to buy some control arms, still gotta talk to IRO to see if they will let me sub in some 4.5" lift springs in the F>R swap kit instead of 3.5"

[QUOTE=slayercr23;12630497]How would i go about Stroking it?[/QUOTE]
freakinheep89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2011, 11:36 AM   #3089
biebs53
1998 ZJ 

Filled her up! First time paying under $4.00 for premium

Build thread: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-raven-biebs53-build-thread-1215245/[/FONT][/url][/CENTER]
biebs53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2011, 02:51 PM   #3090
93ZJDave
1993 ZJ 

Got my new axle and wheel bearing don't seems to drive ok but I also wiped out the abs sensor I just replaced!!!*******[/PHP]
93ZJDave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door latch

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.